Sign in to follow this  
turbulance

Auto AFK to spectate plugin

Not exactly sure if this goes in the war3 forum but its specific to the server so I am going to put it here.

Players going AFK for 3+ rounds is annoying and sadly a common occurrence on the war3 server. Since we do not have a vote system to kick afk's or to even force them to spectate. I would really like to push for a plugin that moves afk people to spectate after x amount of rounds or x amount of time. I know I am not the only one bothered by the constant AFK problem we have and the fact the servers already hurting as it is population wise getting stuck on a team with 1-2 AFK players on it makes it very unappealing to play on. 

This is something I've wanted to do but haven't taken the time for it.

Here's what I'm thinking, anyone can feel free to comment on it with better ideas:

• If you survive a round without moving, you are flagged as AFK.
  • If you die 2 rounds in a row in spawn, you are flagged as AFK. (this would be slightly more specific (+/- a short distance from where you spawned) so it won't trigger just cause you are defending hostages, etc)
  • If you die or a round ends with you flagged as AFK, you get moved to spectator.
  • To get un-flagged as being AFK, all you have to do is leave the spawn area.
  • While you are flagged as AFK, you cannot get cash from admins or experience from winning rounds.
  • If you are the last alive and have not moved during the round, you are given a chat/hint/sound notification, and after 5 seconds you are killed.
  • Could tint your screen when you are afk (probably like dark blue or gray?) and change your name to <AFK> Face

On top of all this, since we'd be going out of our way to stop people from sitting idle, abusing the system to not get flagged as being AFK would be bannable with demos (e.g. walk 5 ft forward out of spawn every round but then do nothing for 3+ rounds)

Edited by Face

I'd be interested in taking a stab at this idea? Do you have some time to intro me to plugins and give me a tutorial on starting one?

4 hours ago, Face said:
  • If you survive a round without moving, you are flagged as AFK.
  • If you die 2 rounds in a row in spawn, you are flagged as AFK. (this would be slightly more specific (+/- a short distance from where you spawned) so it won't trigger just cause you are defending hostages, etc)

For this part, why not have the dying code check if you've bought anything (shopmenu or CSGO) or moved at all from your spawn point? Then there's no need to make it two rounds. If you haven't managed to buy a single thing by the time freezetime is over and someone kills you, you're either AFK or very indecisive. If you manage to do this two rounds in a row you're effectively AFK even if you're not actually AFK.

9 minutes ago, thorgot said:

For this part, why not have the dying code check if you've bought anything (shopmenu or CSGO) or moved at all from your spawn point? Then there's no need to make it two rounds. If you haven't managed to buy a single thing by the time freezetime is over and someone kills you, you're either AFK or very indecisive. If you manage to do this two rounds in a row you're effectively AFK even if you're not actually AFK.

I didn't want to confuse/grief new players who sit there for 1+ round doing nothing while reading raceinfo. I guess I could get around that by maybe ignoring players with total level 0-5

1 minute ago, Face said:

I didn't want to confuse/grief new players who sit there for 1+ round doing nothing while reading raceinfo. I guess I could get around that by maybe ignoring players with total level 0-5

Perhaps also count people using CommandHook commands, raceinfo and playerinfo menus as not AFK then.

23 hours ago, thorgot said:

Perhaps also count people using CommandHook commands, raceinfo and playerinfo menus as not AFK then.

This.  We flag a lot of items.  To include jump, crouch, OnRunCommand, zoom, location, etc.  However, you need to balance this out.  Tracking OnRunCommand can be sketch as they can easily press forward a couple times, etc.

We essentially flag them all to decide if the combination of location changes, button presses, etc., seem like play or just spam to stay on the map.  If you want to bounce any ideas of me, just add me.  I have had Thorgot on my friends list for a few years.  I think Turblanence can tell you, we have a decent afk system, but even after years people have figured out how to manipulate it; however, you have to expect a few d-bags to try to work the system.  

Edit - I use to have a chunk of posts on here, mainly in threads Thorgot posted on/in, but it seems they were pruned some time ago, to include my registration.

Edited by joshtrav

On 6/29/2016 at 11:24 PM, skitt said:

people should be far less likely to be able to game the system with some randomness sprinkled in. 

randomly kick 1 player every round? sounds like the best AFK plugin

4 hours ago, Face said:

randomly kick 1 player every round? sounds like the best AFK plugin

Can that player always be Face? Kappa 

15 hours ago, Swed said:

Can that player always be Face? Kappa 

Inb4 prioritizing the ppl banned from war3bug