Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChosenOne2000

Recruitment Reform: Phase 1

Recruitment Reform: Phase 1

After months of community input and staff debate, we're ready to roll out the next evolution of the sG Recruitment Process.

Key changes in Phase 1:

• EVERY vote counts as one.

In the real world, a person's vote isn't greater or lesser than anyone else. Why should our community be any different? New members, old members, staff, etc; ALL votes count as +1/-1.

• No more abstains.

If you're undecided, just don't vote.

• The minimum number of TOTAL votes required for an app to reach a definitive decision point is 25 after one month.
  • After reaching 25 TOTAL votes, the applicant MUST have AT LEAST 66% "Yes" votes for acceptance after one month.

Just so we're clear, if some gets a total of 30 votes with 20 "yeses" and 10 "no's"; they're accepted into the clan.

• No more screening questions.

If you have the playing hours and/or posts, feel free to apply at the first of the month with no delays.

• No more staff voting period.

This deletion of the staff voting period allows the community more time to vote on the applicant.

<driz_addition>

Effective June 1st the automated process will be used for recruitment. You will notice two buttons in the recruitment forum area. they should be self explanatory. Please report any and all issues you encounter in Private messages to Staff. We utilized test accounts to verify things were working, but as in anything, numbers can cause issues. ANYTHING that doesn't look right, please report.

@applicants, you will apply entirely in the app. Your vote count and subsequent acceptance or denial into the clan will be determined automatically. Your promotion to recruit, promotion to L1 and/or demotion back to member will occur automatically.

@voters, if a recruit does not have enough referrals to be voted on, you will only see a window to refer them. This does NOT mean you have to refer them, it just means you can't vote until they have enough referrals. The page will automatically allow voting once 5 referrals are reached.

@all, if i catch you trying to do naughty things (it's all logged) I will permanently IP ban you (not eddy 6 month permanent, forever permanent)

Notes: Comments can be left in the plugin, staff can tell who posted and issue infractions/bans. Morons can no longer fuck up the math or vote strings. If you want to leave a comment but not vote, do so via in-game communications, steam, or messages via the forums. The vote application is for voting, not providing feedback without voting.

</driz_addition>

The new system goes into effect 1 June. RO's, and other staff members will be available to help answer questions and guide sG into a new era of voting equality.

- sG Staff 

So how will voting look like once the applicant submits their application?

Once they post the info with their name, gameme, etc. We just start voting?

Votes will be anonymous and comments will (eventually) be anonymous. It'll basically be like voting in a poll and commenting on a thread, that's all you gotta do (sounds like we might even combine the "post" with the "vote" button for 1-CLICK MADNESS? that'd be dope).

From what the post said (and discussions) it sounds like the apps will be largely the same from the recruit, just no more screening or staff voting period, straight into the community voting on day 1.

1 minute ago, Yunki said:

Pretty much they will probably make a poll or a counter and see how it goes from there during the month

To be clear, voting and comments will be anonymous. This does not mean we cannot see who posted something. If you post anything against our R&R or Global Guidelines, we can just query the DB to see who posted it, and you will be infracted/banned.

Ha the ugly news post is here. There is a reason why I avoid using colors ;)

This will happen again next year or so. We'll see how everyone will like the system, I mean can't be as bad as the VIP rank bullshit.

Edit: Remember to update the thread in the R&R section when making shit official or make a new thread, doesn't matter to me.

23 minutes ago, BLiNDBoi said:

Ha the ugly news post is here. There is a reason why I avoid using colors ;)

This will happen again next year or so. We'll see how everyone will like the system, I mean can't be as bad as the VIP rank bullshit.

i doubt this will go away quickly.. sg members have proven that they can't count or do simple addition/subtraction.. this automated method will stick. the number of minimum votes might change, but the rest will probably remain static

as a side note. 

Voters/referrers must have been active in the last month (tracked via IPB)

1 minute ago, driz said:

nice

Just now, driz said:

i doubt this will go away quickly.. sg members have proven that they can't count or do simple addition/subtraction.. this automated method will stick. the number of minimum votes might change, but the rest will probably remain static

as a side note. 

applicants must not have active warnings when applying (tracked via IPB)

Hope so, this sort of system should of been done long ago, will take some adjusting was mainly what I was trying to say.

1 hour ago, ChosenOne2000 said:
  • The minimum number of TOTAL votes required for an app to reach a definitive decision point is 25 after one month.
  • After reaching 25 TOTAL votes, the applicant MUST have AT LEAST 66% "Yes" votes for acceptance after one month.

So if they receive under 66% Yes votes, does the applicant get denied, or is it that the application gets put on hold until the next month? If it is that the application gets put on hold until the next month, does the voting process start again?

Also @BLiNDBoi since this will most likely be the process voters and applicants will be using, it should be moved over to the R&R Guidelines pretty soon it seems.

Can we choose to have our votes/comments not be anonymous?  Sometimes knowing who is voting yes or no on someone is very helpful in making your decision.

I'm cool with this. It's going to feel great giving an honest opinion voting and not have it countered by an SO's "SQUAD xD".

2 minutes ago, XxdragonxX88 said:

So how will this affect people like me whom are CURRENTLY "applying" will we get a revote if we dont get in or do we still have to wait a month before we can try again?

"The new system goes into effect 1 June."

Your recruitment app has nothing to do with this system.

16 minutes ago, XxdragonxX88 said:

So how will this affect people like me whom are CURRENTLY "applying" will we get a revote if we dont get in or do we still have to wait a month before we can try again?

Your app stays the same for this month. If you don't make it, you have to wait until July to re-apply. 

58 minutes ago, wtf said:

So if they receive under 66% Yes votes, does the applicant get denied, or is it that the application gets put on hold until the next month? If it is that the application gets put on hold until the next month, does the voting process start again?

You get denied.

36 minutes ago, TheLJH said:

Are all the pre recs still the same? So do you still need the playtime/posts?

Yes.

Great progress, glad to see better and better updates to R&R

2 hours ago, wtf said:

Also @BLiNDBoi since this will most likely be the process voters and applicants will be using, it should be moved over to the R&R Guidelines pretty soon it seems.

the applicant would be denied and have to wait 2 months to apply again (when the app is live, this is checked automatically as there is an actual web-application to apply in development)

2 hours ago, TheLJH said:

Are all the pre recs still the same? So do you still need the playtime/posts?

yes, when the electronic process goes live posts will be automatically verified along with playtime via the gameme API

1 hour ago, Thelnternet said:

Can we choose to have our votes/comments not be anonymous?  Sometimes knowing who is voting yes or no on someone is very helpful in making your decision.

this isn't an option; you should be voting based on your experience with the player. This particular feature is a little further out so don't worry about it much.

1 hour ago, XxdragonxX88 said:

the changes go into effect 1jun, the full automated process should be here in the next couple months.