Sign in to follow this  
Bear-Man-Thing

Lightning damage

Races that deal lightning damage should be absorbed by Thor. Getting dealt 120 damage by ravinick's lightning shield without healing it back is kinda getting annoying now. The fact that Thor isn't doing what it's supposed to do isn't cool and unfair as it's a bad race right now :/

While I agree with you that should be fixed, it looks like an oversight with a new race having a new weapon name (Lightning shield versus chainlightning). Furthermore, your tone is rude, as you saying that the engineers are annoying you by not fixing a minor bug caused by a new race not interacting properly with a very old race's expertise and that it "should" work such a way and that the race is "bad" because of this sounds suspiciously like you consider yourself superior to the engineers. Finally, and most importantly, if you'd even glanced at the thread "Warcraft 3 Bug Report Guidelines" you would know that you are supposed to post bugs in the Bug Tracker.

51 minutes ago, thorgot said:

While I agree with you that should be fixed, it looks like an oversight with a new race having a new weapon name (Lightning shield versus chainlightning). Furthermore, your tone is rude, as you saying that the engineers are annoying you by not fixing a minor bug caused by a new race not interacting properly with a very old race's expertise and that it "should" work such a way and that the race is "bad" because of this sounds suspiciously like you consider yourself superior to the engineers. Finally, and most importantly, if you'd even glanced at the thread "Warcraft 3 Bug Report Guidelines" you would know that you are supposed to post bugs in the Bug Tracker.

I apologize if this came of as rude or as a superior tone. I didn't mean to do that at all.

I talked to bullet about it when he was messing with it at some point a while ago and he told me it was working as intended; the lightning shield being physical damage.

Thinking about it, I should have put this in the bug report, but didn't think at the time it was a bug.

But I am definitely not the only one that says Thor is bad. Sharp told me when I was playing on it earlier today that it was bad. I don't disagree.

7 hours ago, Bear-Man-Thing said:

I apologize if this came of as rude or as a superior tone. I didn't mean to do that at all.

I talked to bullet about it when he was messing with it at some point a while ago and he told me it was working as intended; the lightning shield being physical damage.

Thinking about it, I should have put this in the bug report, but didn't think at the time it was a bug.

But I am definitely not the only one that says Thor is bad. Sharp told me when I was playing on it earlier today that it was bad. I don't disagree.

I learned a long time ago (first hand) if you think a race is bad, you need to approach it delicately.

1. The engineers only frame of reference might be months ago, and it was GOOD back then, and maybe some things changed (NOT on the race) and they didn't realize how it affected the race.

2. People put time and energy in. I promise you if I was capable of making War3 perfect and  time was not a factor, I would make it perfect. I do this for free (and I'm not looking for that to change) - so every time I'm working on War3 is me taking my time away from playing video games (which is the reason we are all here - myself included) or doing something else entirely.

I don't remember ever thinking Thor was bad. I specifically remember on the "MWGA" update, I was considering giving it more bonus speed (like 5% or something minor) and ultimately decided not to - so it was definitely on my radar.

Honestly, I had no idea why Thor wasn't absorbing the lightning damage. I had heard it was happening, but it wasn't in the bug report so I hadn't taken the time to figure out how it works. I'm pretty serious about the bug tracker.

6 hours ago, Face said:

I learned a long time ago (first hand) if you think a race is bad, you need to approach it delicately.

1. The engineers only frame of reference might be months ago, and it was GOOD back then, and maybe some things changed (NOT on the race) and they didn't realize how it affected the race.

2. People put time and energy in. I promise you if I was capable of making War3 perfect and  time was not a factor, I would make it perfect. I do this for free (and I'm not looking for that to change) - so every time I'm working on War3 is me taking my time away from playing video games (which is the reason we are all here - myself included) or doing something else entirely.

I don't remember ever thinking Thor was bad. I specifically remember on the "MWGA" update, I was considering giving it more bonus speed (like 5% or something minor) and ultimately decided not to - so it was definitely on my radar.

Honestly, I had no idea why Thor wasn't absorbing the lightning damage. I had heard it was happening, but it wasn't in the bug report so I hadn't taken the time to figure out how it works. I'm pretty serious about the bug tracker.

I know how serious you are with the bug tracker.  From what I heard from Bullet, it needs to be hard coded into Thor's expertise for every race that uses lightning damage.

I don't disagree, Thor was great at one point.  And it was sooo much fun to play and wreck in close quarters.  I don't know what happened between it being first released and my return, but it somehow doesn't feel like it used to.  Or I'm just that bad and can't remember how I used to play it :|