Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Oob

Accuri on Inferno

Seems like a common occurrence on inferno that someone will play accuri and be on top of the map (where you are able to skywalk / the 'rooftops').

In some areas of the map there are textures that can be seen through.

Often times the response from the accuri is ''I don't see anything'' or ''I'm not looking at it''.

The response from if its allowed or not is mixed...

Rule:

• No map exploiting. Rooftops, balconies, etc are fair game, however, going outside of the fully constructed, textured area of the map or going outside of a wall that is intended to be the boundary of a map is forbidden.

It is on 'rooftops', but it is outside of the constructed map (imho), there are many spots where skywalking ''accidentally'' happens and there are textures that can be seen through.

Could there be some clarification on if this is allowed and could this info also be added to the !rules page?

Typical rule has always been if you are standing on invis (skybox) or if in any direction you can see thru textures than it is not allowed. This is partially up to admin discretion.

2 Questions:

Do the textures you see through give you an advantage?

Are you skywalking?

If the answer to both of these are no, then I generally don't care about where a player is.

can you see through a texture in which a player on the other side of that texture cannot see through? If the answer is yes, you cannot be there. 

6 hours ago, Face said:

...if in any direction you can see thru textures than it is not allowed...

In any direction..?

Yes there are a few spots on inferno where you can see through textures that does provide an advantage.

Usual response I've heard is, "I'm not looking over there, its fine."

Kinda a weird scenario with it being outside of the usual map boundaries... (You can't use levitation to get up on the roofs and most blink / tele don't work for getting up on the roofs.)

The reason my rules are stricter ("in any direction") is because every idiot like mango is gonna sit somewhere and stare through textures then either

A. Turn around and say "I wasn't looking there "

or B. "This provides no advantage!"

I'm not up for arguing about it with people who are obviously only doing it to push the rules, so I don't.

Edited by Face

I typically warn them on spots where I can see invis textures. If they don't comply I slay them. If they keep going up there they will keep getting slayed since they've been warned about the invis textures many times. People done this many times and I warn them and they follow as ordered. But there were few that didn't and gotten slayed and complained.