Sign in to follow this  
ATG_AGENT

Need help (Tech Smart people)

Hello ever since i upgraded to a new computer i have been having this strange issue with wc3. I'll try to explain it the best i can, and i'll put what info i have found out in the tries of testing to figure stuff out.

Ok so in csgo, wc3 server i am having this strange graphical error. What will happen is my entire "Gaming" screen (The field of play, not the UI/chat/etc) will go black. Like a /blind 250 command. I still have chat box, i can still see the minimap and team markers above people's heads at times.

With some testing i have noticed i can recreate this at will on two different races (All the time) These races are:

Shadow Monkey - (The invis skill) It will flash the screen green, and then it will go blind for 1-2 seconds. This will repeat until death. If i die while blind the blind stays until i rejoin server.

Pyro - The 3rd mine will make my screen blind completely, everytime, without fail. But the 4th mine will remove this blind. Blind will stay even while dead and have to rejoin server.

Races that it happens on "Occasionally"

- Pudge. Im not entirely sure what triggers it on this one but it seems to happen after i get hit (I think)

There are some other races that this will happen on but i cant remember atm.

What i noticed is it seems to have some correlation with a screen flash effect?

I have reinstalled my drivers completely multiple times.

Specs that may be relevant -

i7 5960X

Titan X

Will answer any questions of specs etc you need - this problem has been very annoying and i cant find the issue. Have already ruled out the server/race itself as the problem because i am the only one it happens to and Face has no idea wtf is going on.

Hopefully someone here understands or heard of this and can help.

EDIT - Heres a quick demonstration of what i mean by "blind" effect.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=05306768548822316681

Edited by ATG_AGENT

Yes, which along with a few testing leads me to believe it has something to do with an effect/flashing in wc3.

Edited by ATG_AGENT

Now im not trying to be stupid or anything, but have you tried re-installing? You probably have, but that would most likely be my first action.

How old is your PC ?

5 minutes ago, Scrub said:

Now im not trying to be stupid or anything, but have you tried re-installing? You probably have, but that would most likely be my first action.

How old is your PC ?

Yes i have tried. Brand new.

Edit -  I recorded a quick demo to show what i mean, will edit with vid in a sec.

Edot2 - http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=05306768548822316681 I tried to get the error in with pudge but it didnt happen  within the 20 seconds of quick testing. The rest show two races that it happens on. There are more.

Edited by ATG_AGENT

I know this is a weird thing I'm about to ask you, but trying checking to see if steam is running in administrator mode or or compatibility mode. If it isn't, try running steam in administrator mode or compatibility mode. Also, check the refresh rate on your monitor.

1 hour ago, HornyCat said:

I know this is a weird thing I'm about to ask you, but trying checking to see if steam is running in administrator mode or or compatibility mode. If it isn't, try running steam in administrator mode or compatibility mode. Also, check the refresh rate on your monitor.

Tried running it with admin and it did not help. Monitors 60.  This is the same one i can use  and it works fine with my other computer.

Edited by ATG_AGENT

If the only time this black flickering occurs is in war3, and not in comp or any other game, then try deleting some war3 files and folders in your csgo directory and let the server re download them.

I can tell you right off the bat it isn't a graphics card issue/hardware issue since when this happens, it's still rendering chat and the UI elements like you said. I'm leaning towards it being some type of setting or software issue. 

I'd guess it has something to do with some of the overlays they use to display the counters not have transparency set correctly? reload all the overlay files?

I'd guess it has something to do with some of the overlays. Maybe they don't have the transparency set correctly? You should try reloading the overlay files.

Edited by xmen
What the actual fuck?

Where would those war3 files be, did a quick check and didn't see a folder itself(Could have missed it.) I thought it might have been a bad download from the server so i deleted and reinstalled (csgo) but maybe that doesn't delete the war3 files?

Edited by ATG_AGENT

I think horny and more specifically xmen have the right idea.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\materials\sgwar3\overlays

Try deleting that folder and rejoining war3 (path may not be exact same but the csgo\materials\sgwar3\overlays should be in your csgo folder)

With some testing i found having the number "2" for the numbers on bottom middle seems to be an issue. 2 mines left, 2 charges on rav, timer 2 for shadow monkey. And for pudge theres counters too if i remember right. For some reason i guess the download server isnt letting me download those files no matter how many times i delete them and retry. What can be done in this case then?