Sign in to follow this  
Absolute_Zero

Saying the word "go" on the repeat (clarification)

So if i give an order for example when i say "go:" all t shift walk a follow me no detour/delays ", and the t's ask for repeats

so i repeat which is i say "go:" all t shift walk a follow me no detour/delays

Does saying go on the repeat trigger the word go,? and they should be going , or do you have to say the word "go" again before they go ?

I was just wondering because clamps told me that saying go on the repeat does not count/trigger and they should not go

cows told me they should go because he said the word "go" on the repeat , and it has been like this for a while

can someone please clear this topic up ? 

Edited by Absolute_Zero

I have always played where if you say the word during the repeat, then it counts as saying it.

BUT, I personally think if you are repeating orders (for example you say "I'll repeat the orders, when I say 'go'...." it shouldn't count, as you were repeating for the benefit of the terrorists, and the rules state you have to repeat if asked....

With that being said, I don't play the server anymore, and you shouldn't take this post as a staff decision, just as a personal opinion.

I have always played where if you say the word during the repeat, then it counts as saying it.

BUT, I personally think if you are repeating orders (for example you say "I'll repeat the orders, when I say 'go'...." it shouldn't count, as you were repeating for the benefit of the terrorists, and the rules state you have to repeat if asked....

With that being said, I don't play the server anymore, and you shouldn't take this post as a staff decision, just as a personal opinion.

yea same thanks for posting your opinion  :B):

I myself don't agree that on the repeat saying "go" should trigger its command, but what I believe and wish would happen is not always the same as reality.

Rules imply that when he repeats "go" the order is triggered automatically, and should be started. I would find it a lot easier if they just said "go", because they always just "repeat" and its never for clarification, but to killwhore. So, that's that.

Pretty much this.It's always been that repeats count as the trigger word. 

This is hands down the dumbest order in JB, so I'm going to explain my thoughts on it:

Warden A sucks. He's either hopped up on caffeine or has a thick accent. He gives this exact order and half the Ts dont understand/dont hear it and ask for a repeat. So he repeats it. Me being one of those Ts that didnt understand it and requested a repeat are now waiting for the warden to say go. The other half that heard it are now doing the order because the warden said the word "go" while repeating his orders as requested. I get domed for not completing them along with the other Ts that asked for a repeat. 

Or, the other half that heard the order get killed because you have 10+ CT's that dont know what the hell to do and think the first half are rebelling since they're moving while the others aren't. 

TL;DR - This is, in my opinion a bait and a bullshit order made by killwhores that results in admin chat getting flooded with kids screaming they've been free killed. 

Cows is right;
Clamps is dumb;
If you say go after the initial order, even if its a repeat, they can (and should) start the order.

Stay on War3, scrub.

Its a dumb way to do an order. But the warden still said go. therefore they ts should do the order even on repeat

So basically I'm being punished because the warden sucks? Because thats genuinely fuckin retarded. 

It's generally easier for T's to go on a repeat because you always get the smart-asses who will always say "Well you said go in your repeat."

It's a very killwhorish command, but the warden should just say "go" after the repeat just for clarification or explicitly tell the T's that he said "go" in his repeat  and not to be a douche about it.

SO BASICALLY ALL WE'RE AGREEING UPON IS THAT

- IF YOU DO THIS COMMAND. YOU'RE A FAGGOT OF THE HIGHEST DEGREES.

- IF THIS COMMAND WERE TO HAPPEN, MOST OF THE COMMUNITY ACCEPTS THE REPEAT AS THE TRIGGER WORD.

- IF YOU DIDN'T HEAR IT THE FIRST TIME, YOU BETTER START MOVING ON THE REPEAT.

That is what i've taken from this cancer.

Its a dumb way to do an order. But the warden still said go. therefore they ts should do the order even on repeat

One could easily make it that explicit command repeats do not count as a trigger... By the sounds of it, everyone wants it to be that way, and doing things just because 'we have always done it that way' is stupid.

Just putting it out there.... You could always stick a poll up for the community to provide input, just like driz likes to do :D

Maybe if we all would just agree on using less type and say go commands when there is no reason to other than wasting time and kill whoring this wouldn't be an issue.

Jailbreak has always used a precedent of having players learn to adapt to survive moreso than adapting the rules to make thing simpler for players. Part of the game is learning how you need to respond to certain commands and what you can/can't do in situations in order to benefit yourself. Most of the rules are based on logic. After the initial order, whenever warden says go, repeat or not, you do the order because its what the order said. Don't lump this in with poor clarity and pronunciation being an issue, this deals solely with semantics of the situation of which jailbreak thrives. No need to overcomplicate our rules.

One could easily make it that explicit command repeats do not count as a trigger... By the sounds of it, everyone wants it to be that way, and doing things just because 'we have always done it that way' is stupid.

Just putting it out there.... You could always stick a poll up for the community to provide input, just like driz likes to do :D

What? Then people would trap by repeating, and only people who didn't know this obscure rule would be trapped.

I can understand wanting to make it against the rules to trap like this, but making repeat commands not count as a trigger would not make things better and would likely make it worse.