Sign in to follow this  
Moose

Jailbreak Changelog

It's been a while since I've posted updates, I need to pick up the slack with that.

What I mainly wanted to post about today was a new command that I wrote that is available to SO+. With the recent valve update, they added server settings that enable auto-bunny hopping, so I figured it'd be a fun command for a new LR. It's essentially the same as long jump, but you have to build up speed rather than shooting forward.

Command: sm_bunnyhop or sm_bhop. /bhop 1 to enable, /bhop 0 to disable

Usage: When enabled, players can hold their jump key, and they will automagically jump again when they land, allowing them to perform perfect bunny hops every time. Gain speed by continuing to bunny hop, and strafing around, and you can be like phoon.

I'm happy to say that there's a few other commands that are.. in beta testing. Currently available to staff, and I have a few other ideas in mind. For now I hope this adds another fun LR for all of you to enjoy. It's been too long since I gave something new to JB.

I know there have been a lot of other updates in the past ~6 months, I'll do a better job at posting here again so everyone can keep up with what's been changing.

Edited by Moose

A couple of updates.

Possibly the most important one as it's the only one that everyone will see on a regular basis, skins are back! Sorry that it took me so long to get the skins back up and working. I honestly just was putting my time elsewhere, but I'm happy to say they're back and hopefully this will help bring back in some population. I know that's hopeful, but I know a lot of people really enjoy the custom skins. Let's all work together on getting JB populated again! If you have any suggestions on how to do so, please post them, message me here, on steam, or in discord!

A few minor things:
Admin chat: You'll notice if you type to admins, it will be all red. This was added in the war3 server, and cows asked for it to be on JB and I think it was a great idea. This makes messages to admin stand out against the constant chat spam, so hopefully you'll get answers/responses from admins quicker now, without the "Sorry I missed it" excuse.

Commands: I'm still working on some and have ideas for others, but there are a few commands that staff has always been able to do that I actually made commands for them, so if you're trying to think of an LR and a staff member is on, feel free to ask for it!

• Zero Friction - have fun feeling like you're playing on ice the next round (sm_friction 1/0)
  • Reverse Air Acceleration - When you're in the air and try and strafe, everything will be backwards! (sm_rair_accelerate 1/0 (when I update this probably tomorrow, you can also do sm_rair 1/0))
  • Reverse Acceleration - Like the above, just on the ground! (sm_raccelerate 1/0 (same update as above, with raccel 1/0))

Edited by Moose

In an effort to bring back population, store skins have been temporarily removed. This has been discussed, and we are hoping that with fewer downloads that we will be able to bring in more new players when the server is populated. When the server is back to a strong population, we will decide when models should return.

08/25/2018

-Default T/CT player models changed back to their prisoner/guard versions.

-ServerRules plugin updated.

-Sourcemod updated, no more crashing from "@all" or kicks.

-Server website button sends players to JB's motd.

-Updated base plugins.

-Added message linking to the LR post.

-sm_grenades no longer crashes the server.

08/26/2018

-A decent sized list of lR's from @Papyrus' LR list will now print to console when there's 1 T left alive.
-The list can be accessed at any time with !lr_list.
-Fixed ip address in advertisements.
-Added sG discord link to advertisements.

-Workshop maps should work properly again.

10/07/2018
+ Added sm_hosties
+ Thirdperson command for admins
+ Updated warden
+ Updated Collection_Fix Plugin
- Removed voice fix plugin since sm_hosties handles voice comms

10/30/2018

• Removed weapon colors
  • Removed weekend credits
  • Removed the "Accept rules" plugin when you join the server for the first time.
  • Changed some rules

Thanks to ENGs for helping with some changes

• Weapon skins fixed
  • Beacons fixed
  • Maps you have to play before nominating a map again 10>12.