Face

Item Purchases

old (10/25/15-11/7/15): http://puu.sh/ld7VK/3196bac76d.png

old (4/27/16-4/28/16): http://i.imgur.com/M14Rc5a.png

old (7/1/16-8/26/16): https://puu.sh/qQffU/ee92625207.png

old (9/25/17-10/9/17): https://i.imgur.com/UMyGAEK.png

new (5/1/18 - 6/13/18): 

cRdJg7n.png

Feel free to discuss the stats or anything about items here.

Edited by Face

It seems to make sense to me.

The primary three items being bought are for starting out and moving on, for leveling, items are purchased excessively compared to everything else.

The rest are purchased for they are the most self-explanatory, reduce, regain, revive, and attack (I had to go for the alliteration).

It amazes me that Mole is so far high up on the list.

Clearly it isn't bought all that often, but that it is bought more than Sock or Necklace amazes me.

Honestly looking at this makes me want to say Necklace ought to be cheaper, only 1k or 1.5k, and Frost ought to do a little better slowing.

I complain about Necklace's inaccessibility a lot. Then again, my main experience with the WarCraft mod was in Source with a different group.

Anyhow, fun stats.

Is it possible to expand them at all, like to say, can they include which race purchases what?

That sounds excessively complicated just saying it.

Pug got Necklace nerfed into oblivion, it stops functioning when half your team is dead making it an awful investment.

I buy sunglasses sorta often, kinda map specific.

I buy ring most often, regen is really OP.

I'd like to see dust @ 1500 tbh!

Orb is sorta really awful, I've tried it and it doesn't seem worth its cost at all.

We probably should have a marginal magic resistance item, maybe 25%-30% for 3k~  Cut down on the Orc lightning QQ and some other bonus magic damage from races instantly murdering you. Maybe buff it into Holy Shield?

Edit: Maybe an item to protect you against fire or explosions might help the tears of Pyromaniac and Goblin traps.

Edited by JGWENTWORTH

I buy sunglasses every map for the team and self flashes  BibleThump . Surprised its not used more often. I bet it's used the most on de_Westwoods 

Remove Parachute  ;)

TIL jimmy burr is in sG

Updated item purchase information in the main post. In the last ~24 hours $26.5mill has been spent on Tomes of experience.

People are obviously trying out newest item (ring of armor) and the recently buffed item (ammo resupply) as they both are purchased an above average amount.

Ring of Regen, even after the *ever so slight* regen nerf (3/tick instead of 1/tick) is still dominating the item purchases, closely followed by chain.

People are (IMO) greatly undervaluing Ice Totem, Holy Shield, and Prismatic Signet.

Dust of Appearance is surprisingly more popular than I expected, and Periapt falls in line with most of the "big" items (mask, LJ, necklace) - confirming my belief that the nerf to 1 round use was not overkill.

Fun stuff.

Updated for the last 2 weeks, added some new columns as well.

• I still dislike how much of a staple tome of xp is (63% of all money spent on the shopmenu goes to tomes :()
  • Even tho ammo resupply changed substantially for the better, it's popularity did not change much.
  • Even tho Ice Totem is super strong and people complained about that, nobody buys it.
  • I still think people are really undervaluing prismatic signet and holy shield

On 5/29/2016 at 4:47 PM, Face said:

Updated for the last 2 weeks, added some new columns as well.

• I still dislike how much of a staple tome of xp is (63% of all money spent on the shopmenu goes to tomes :()
  • Even tho ammo resupply changed substantially for the better, it's popularity did not change much.
  • Even tho Ice Totem is super strong and people complained about that, nobody buys it.
  • I still think people are really undervaluing prismatic signet and holy shield

One tenet in game design is that if you automate something for the player because it isn't fun, then why have it at all? Obviously this isn't a realistic suggestion for War3 because leveling is a huge aspect of the entire mode, but could possible replacements for tome be discussed and considered?

Edited by Swed

Mole necklace and periapt would definitely be higher if the price were reduced 20%. It would suck if people spammed necklace though. The other two would keep people on their toes or make certain races easier to play.

Well, it's been over a year since I've updated this but I decided to do it with the 2 new items.

My thoughts:

• Tome still sucks, 65.42% wtf
  • It surprises me how popular boots are, I like them but apparently not as much as other people... it'd be probably 3 spots lower if it was my list
  • Surprised how popular ring of armor is - glad people are using it :)
  • Periapt seems to be getting more use since the change?
  • Man necklace is so under-utilized compared to where it used to be
  • I think Prismatic Signet is hands down the most under-valued item (holy shield would be a close second)... I honestly don't understand why it isn't more utilized, especially when you buy it with chain.

I think for me its just because its never really been clear whether damage received is physical or magical. 

I don't know how many abilities deal one or the other- but my general tactic is just play tank or don't get hit

Just now, LunaBadger said:

I think for me its just because its never really been clear whether damage received is physical or magical. 

I don't know how many abilities deal one or the other- but my general tactic is just play tank or don't get hit

Don't get hit, hit other people.  Got it.

I honestly forgot about the two new items.  I should buy them more.