Sign in to follow this  
Face

War3 Server 2 Idea Thread

I've got a great idea, since Face wants to make server 2 into the Hardcore server, you can only play on server 2 if you have a total of 4000 levels on server 1. Best idea NA. It also kind of makes sense since it'll be a 16 slot server.

Edited by HornyCat

Lol its not gonna be that hardcore also I gotta keep it populated... I'm prob gonna go 2:45 timer and 45 bomb timer. But no like lvl 16 or 25 lvl races its way too easy to level.

I like the classes with around 30-50 levels, they feel more personal that way cause you actually have to learn what to do with it.

Though, i'd honestly like to see a lower bomb timer, like 30 seconds maybe? Gives ct enough time to get to the bomb site, but not too much so they dont feel obligated to focus on disarming it. I've seen ct lollygag around the site to try to remove all T's and have the bomb go off cause no one bothered to disarm it.

Bob, the Novice Adventurer

Dexterity [Passive] - Whatever Bob does.

Intelligence [Passive] - Whatever Bob does.

Endurance [Passive] - Whatever Bob does.

Luck [Passive] - Whatever Bob does.

Willpower [Passive] - Whatever Bob does.

Vampiric Claw [Passive] - You leech health. Requires level 10 Dexterity.

Frozen Staff [Passive] - You freeze people. Requires level 10 Intelligence.

Rogue Cloak [Passive] - You evade. Requires level 10 Luck.

Golem Armour [Passive] - You take reduce damage. Requires level 10 Willpower.

Sword of Zephyr [Passive] - Bonus knife damage. Requires level 10 Endurance.  Placeholder effect since I don't know what would be good to go with this.

Pretty much a combo race which is what some of the races are going to be (I guess). I figured Bob the Novice and Adventurer sounded pretty good (name and skill wise). I think this would fit on a high level requirement. And my suggestion is just a concept since there is no actual values I planned out for it, so you can throw in whatever values you think that sounds reasonable.

Bob, the Novice Adventurer

Dexterity [Passive] - Whatever Bob does.

Intelligence [Passive] - Whatever Bob does.

Endurance [Passive] - Whatever Bob does.

Luck [Passive] - Whatever Bob does.

Willpower [Passive] - Whatever Bob does.

Vampiric Claw [Passive] - You leech health. Requires level 10 Dexterity.

Frozen Staff [Passive] - You freeze people. Requires level 10 Intelligence.

Rogue Cloak [Passive] - You evade. Requires level 10 Luck.

Golem Armour [Passive] - You take reduce damage. Requires level 10 Willpower.

Sword of Zephyr [Passive] - Bonus knife damage. Requires level 10 Endurance.  Placeholder effect since I don't know what would be good to go with this.

Pretty much a combo race which is what some of the races are going to be (I guess). I figured Bob the Novice and Adventurer sounded pretty good (name and skill wise). I think this would fit on a high level requirement. And my suggestion is just a concept since there is no actual values I planned out for it, so you can throw in whatever values you think that sounds reasonable.

Why not just Bob the Adventurer?

Inferno Predator [K]

Ultimate : Passive AoE deals 100-200 damage through walls with current distance of flame predators

Passive 1: 15%-50% chance of disarming opponent

Passive 2: 30%-50% chance of flaming opponent, causing them to have the flashbang effect briefly and hitting them for 5 damage per second

Ability: For 2-5 seconds spawn a molotov fire beneath you

Passive 3: Immunity to molotov fires 

Passive 4: 10%-60% increase on knife damages

Basically just a ridiculous Flame Predator

Inferno Predator [K]

Ultimate : Passive AoE deals 100-200 damage through walls with current distance of flame predators

Passive 1: 15%-50% chance of disarming opponent

Passive 2: 30%-50% chance of flaming opponent, causing them to have the flashbang effect briefly and hitting them for 5 damage per second

Ability: For 2-5 seconds spawn a molotov fire beneath you

Passive 3: Immunity to molotov fires 

Passive 4: 10%-60% increase on knife damages

Basically just a ridiculous Flame Predator

Well, i use flame pred alot, and you really just gave it 3 sorta ok abilities. These will be my opinions for a beefier flame pred.

First off, its current Ulti is actually stronger the what you suggested, maxes out at 300. Going through walls, i doubt much people would like that even on a second op server, a better buff would be up to 400 with maybe a 10ft increase in range.

Next, up that disarm, its around that same % now, so go up to like 60-75% to make it more viable in against classes that do massive damage with specific guns.

You did good on its burn, but that flash bang effect can cause alot of complaints, a shake would prolly fit better. If you are on fire you will be flailing.

Now lets go to the new 3. It would benefit more from an overall dmg reduction over immunity to molotovs.

For an ability, its a predator, why not give it a way to track a target? Lets say, revealing a person to the predator for some time while causing a 1 dmg burn during the time. (has to have seen the person first and hit them with the skill)

Honestly, extra damage might be good, but you basically removed its mobility for it. It needs speed and its jump to get around to get to targets, extra damage doesnt always matter when you have a speed advantage.

Well, i use flame pred alot, and you really just gave it 3 sorta ok abilities. These will be my opinions for a beefier flame pred.

First off, its current Ulti is actually stronger the what you suggested, maxes out at 300. Going through walls, i doubt much people would like that even on a second op server, a better buff would be up to 400 with maybe a 10ft increase in range.

Next, up that disarm, its around that same % now, so go up to like 60-75% to make it more viable in against classes that do massive damage with specific guns.

You did good on its burn, but that flash bang effect can cause alot of complaints, a shake would prolly fit better. If you are on fire you will be flailing.

Now lets go to the new 3. It would benefit more from an overall dmg reduction over immunity to molotovs.

For an ability, its a predator, why not give it a way to track a target? Lets say, revealing a person to the predator for some time while causing a 1 dmg burn during the time. (has to have seen the person first and hit them with the skill)

Honestly, extra damage might be good, but you basically removed its mobility for it. It needs speed and its jump to get around to get to targets, extra damage doesnt always matter when you have a speed advantage.

I didn't remember to add the speed and jump (Whoops) But I was going to suggest giving it the same mobility, but with longjump. 

The molotovs are more to fit the race, because it's not just a random ass knife race like some other ones on server 1. 

The flashbang is sort of it "Heres the reason to play me now" If you're being leftclicked with that going on it'll be a death of a thousand cuts, no reason to nerf it if we're trying to make them unbalanced

As for your other buffs, they work fine. 

For reference I have a level 90ish flame pred.

I didn't remember to add the speed and jump (Whoops) But I was going to suggest giving it the same mobility, but with longjump. 

The molotovs are more to fit the race, because it's not just a random ass knife race like some other ones on server 1. 

The flashbang is sort of it "Heres the reason to play me now" If you're being leftclicked with that going on it'll be a death of a thousand cuts, no reason to nerf it if we're trying to make them unbalanced

As for your other buffs, they work fine. 

For reference I have a level 90ish flame pred.

Mine is around 40 i think, its usually my go to when ever i finish up my ROTD unless i'm leveling.

Maybe mix both the long jump and the high jump it already has? cause i'm rather attached to its high jump. (I might play it like hidden)

I honestly wouldnt like it for just molotovs, if it was for all around fire I'd prefer it. Hence why i suggested just everything reduction. More people would jump to playing it for it being all around, or just having the down right reduction.

I'm still iffy about the flash, I do agree it would be nice to flash someone if you get the drop on them, but it just doesnt seem as fun as something like shake to me.

Manhack

Model: Manhack

Sounds: Manhack sounds through out the game (like whirling blades, hitting people with Propeller Blades and ect.)

Can only Left Click without dying. Right clicking will kill you no matter what.

Can only fly.

Skill 1: Propeller Blades [0/7]: You deal bonus dmg 4/6/10/14/14/20/22 more damage.

Skill 2: Thermal Eyes [0/7]: You mark your enemies. I guess mark enemies on radar or w/e.

Skill 3: Propulsion System [0/7]: You Evade damage 4/4/4/4/6/8/10% evade. You move 5/5/10/15/20/25/30% faster.

Skill 4: Combine Steel [0/7]: You take less damage from guns but more from knifes 10/15/20/22/26/28/30% reduced dmg from guns but 10/15/20/22/26/28/30% more damage taken from knives.

Ultimate: Faulty Wiring [0/7]: Rightclick to explode and deal AoE damage. 50/60/70/80/90/100/110 dmg.

Copied pasted this from a server I suggested to. I played it and it was honestly fun and very balanced. If the sounds wont work, then atleast have some notification of the race.

Edited by Timeassassin103

How about a more strict race whoring, to encourage maxing all the races but you can whore an unlimited amount when 100% maxed?
More Strict as in 2Kdr or if you get 10 levels over max its locked till you get 100%.

How about a more strict race whoring, to encourage maxing all the races but you can whore an unlimited amount when 100% maxed?

More Strict as in 2Kdr or if you get 10 levels over max its locked till you get 100%.

actually kill urself

That, honestly sounds very stupid. How race whoring is handled currently works just fine as is. You get kicked off if someone who is a lower level in it plays, or if your k/d hits a certain point. You still get to use the race.

What you are suggesting is really just punishing those who actively use and love a specific race.

booo

I personally liked the idea of not having a race whore script, since it goes with the theme of the server being more "hardcore."

but yet you will still end up with people playing on a race you want to level but cant cause they are on it. It is kinda needed to stop people from preventing other's progress.

but yet you will still end up with people playing on a race you want to level but cant cause they are on it. It is kinda needed to stop people from preventing other's progress.

That's not the race whore script though. People will still get switched off of maxed races if you are unmaxed, there can still be restrictions on how many people can play the same race.