Sign in to follow this  
doc

rtv pls

People can't rtv until they wait on the server for 15 mins. Here's why this is retarded.

This is only going to benefit people who are in the middle of a run and don't want the map to change. The point of rtv is to give the majority of players a say in what map is played. If the majority of your server wants to play something else, then they should get that. How does it make sense that a couple of nerds who suck at kz are keeping everyone else on a map?

For the argument that "you don't want someone to just join and rtv when you're in a run," this won't happen anyway. When someone joins, the votes required to rtv goes up. e.g. 9 people on the server, 0/5 votes required. One person joins, 10 people, 0/6 votes required.

Here's what happens when a shit map comes on, a few people rtv, but not enough to change the map, so the people who voted leave. Anyone one else that joins the server after this will either like the map or try to vote. And since they can't vote, and they don't want to play the map, they leave. This pretty much makes it so that no map will ever be rtved unless it is universally hated, in which case it shouldn't be voted for in the first place.

This was obviously implemented by MAD NERDS that can't beat maps fast enough. Basically, it's by admins, for admins, and benefits absolutely no one else.

Just now, we had 6/7 people on kz_conrun trying to rtv, but only 4 people were there long enough to vote. And so people who couldn't vote, left. And more people joined, and they couldn't vote, so they left.

I agree that 15 minutes to rtv is a bit too long and doesn't attack the problem at the source. But saying that snipe rtving isnt a problem is just not true. After playing plenty of servers i've been rtved off of a long map multiple times. Sure mabye this could be implemented for a server under a certain population or another method of making it a bit fairer. But to outright deny that it is an issue and blame it on "Shit climbers" is just ridiculous. I can beat maps almost as fast as you and have been KZing for quite some time now so im not just some "MAD NERD" with a skill problem.

Also server got hotfixed to 5 minutes

Edited by Tristan.

it's been reduced to 5 mins

Also this wasn't implemented because I'm bad or mad, this was implemented to stop people from trolling other people while completing a map. 

Just the other day some retard sat in the teamspeak server and got all of his friends to join the server just to RTV, this person was just trying to troll someone while trying to complete a map.

This being added to the server stops that from happening and that's why I requested it be done.

I didn't realize that snipe RTVing was actually something that people did. I've never seen it happen on any kz server before. 5 mins seems much more reasonable. Also, someone on the server suggested that if people can't vote then they don't add to the required RTV. I think this would solve the problem that we had last night where the server wanted a new map but couldn't vote. So people joining all at once to troll someone would be prevented, but the people that were there before can still have enough people to RTV if they want.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this