Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bulletford

Regarding the Temporary Disabling of Store

Ctark Edit:

There was a human error, and unfortunately as we stand, all the In-Game Store information has been lost (The database was wiped when a manual backup was trying to be taken).

I would like to take this moment and let everyone know that the Engineering department is trying to restore as much data as possible, but it looks like a lot of the backups we have are fairly old.

If we are unable to restore data, we will come up with some type of system where you are compensated credits.

If you purchased credits, they will be reimbursed, we have those logs and know who has purchased them.

We are sorry for this issue and will try to keep you all updated on our progress.

Everyone, I'd like to apologize, this loss of data was my fault. I was working on a script to conduct backups of our database to prevent precisely what occurred. I made a mistake and inadvertently wiped most of our information. We had some backups that we have restored but for the most part unless you played today, your information is going to be very outdated. 

I do not know our current plan to make this up to the community, but I'm sure we will come up with something. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and know that we will do our best to ensure something like this does not happen in the future. 

Hey Driz man, shit happens. Sure it sucks and a lot of people will cry but you din't intentionally fuck up. I'm sure youve done a lot more good than bad (wiping our datas), and people will continue to live on, like before. They won't stop playing the game because they lost 50k creds or whatever you want to call it. They made those credits before and its more than possible to get the same amount. 

Shit happens, you make the best of it. Server stores got fucked, re-enable, rebuild and move on. its as easy as that.

Not like you can be banned anyways. Kappa

Everyone, I'd like to apologize, this loss of data was my fault. I was working on a script to conduct backups of our database to prevent precisely what occurred. I made a mistake and inadvertently wiped most of our information. We had some backups that we have restored but for the most part unless you played today, your information is going to be very outdated. 

I do not know our current plan to make this up to the community, but I'm sure we will come up with something. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and know that we will do our best to ensure something like this does not happen in the future. 

Shit happens. I never buy anything from the store with credits anyway.

Hey Driz man, shit happens. Sure it sucks and a lot of people will cry but you din't intentionally fuck up. I'm sure youve done a lot more good than bad (wiping our datas), and people will continue to live on, like before. They won't stop playing the game because they lost 50k creds or whatever you want to call it. They made those credits before and its more than possible to get the same amount. 

Shit happens, you make the best of it. Server stores got fucked, re-enable, rebuild and move on. its as easy as that.

Not like you can be banned anyways. Kappa

If only every JB players thought like this. Kappa

Regardless, ty for all your hard work.

Simple solution would be that for the next 2 weeks or so everyone gets 2 free items from each type or something like that. Most people probably don't have much more than 2 or 3 items of each type anyway

I think a dope idea would be to increase the amount of credits we get in game (i.e. 20 credits per x minutes or hours) and just bump it up to like 50 just for the month or something.  

at least staff is trying to help people witch is what i find cool because other sites/servers if this happened thy wouldent even tell any one let alone try to help and give credits back its really nice seeing such a good staff and comunity you guys are awsome keep up the hard work.

-- Blanket credits based on total server time, up to a max of 50 days of playtime total. Applications for reimbursements open for a one week period, heavily advertised on the forums and servers.  Additional applications after the cutoff only have reimbursement granted if staff feels like it.  Engies can spend an hour teaching an advisor to do manual data entry into a text file.  I'm sure you two are smart enough to find a way to transfer a properly formatted text document into the database en masse. Reimburse at something like 200 for each hour, you must post a screenshot from StatsME + link for verification; if you photoshopped your hours, you get your store disabled until someone feels like enabling it for you again.  Hopefully never, because fuck you.  This would give a max of 120,000 credits in reimbursement to someone that has over 50 days of playtime logged in our servers.

-- Increased credit drop rate for 1 month.  drop them at a rate of like 75 every 10 minutes, and someone that plays an average of 28 hours a week will end up with about 55,000 credits at the end of the month.

-- Consider a mass discount in the store for a short period after an increased credit drop rate.

There's no reason the three options proposed in the other thread should be mutually exclusive.  You guys fucked up, that's fine, but there's zero reason to say "whoa now, let's not get too out of hand with compensating people for our fuckup."  The reality is you will not restore what people had. Based on the attitude in that other thread, you have no intention of restoring people who dedicated hours upon hours of time to the server to anywhere near the amount of credits they had, which is complete bullshit.  See my suggestion above.  People alleging they had 200k - 300k of credits get reimbursed at most 120k, and have to play 5 hours a day for a month straight in order to get back to 200k.

There's no reason the three options proposed in the other thread should be mutually exclusive.  You guys fucked up, that's fine, but there's zero reason to say "whoa now, let's not get too out of hand with compensating people for our fuckup."  The reality is you will not restore what people had. Based on the attitude in that other thread, you have no intention of restoring people who dedicated hours upon hours of time to the server to anywhere near the amount of credits they had, which is complete bullshit.  See my suggestion above.  People alleging they had 200k - 300k of credits get reimbursed at most 120k, and have to play 5 hours a day for a month straight in order to get back to 200k.

Its really not that hard of a thing to do. Really all we would need is there steamid and we can see all of their hours for all servers. If I knew how to/could do it, i wouldn't mind just looking at an application that includes their steamid and giving credits based on hours.