Sign in to follow this  
Dakota

Official Complaint Department Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Revöker said:

@Dakota Since when has the racism rule EVER been applied the way you describe it? 

I've seen people kicked for playing map songs with the N-word on it. HELL YOU CAN"T EVEN TALK ABOUT IT WITHOUT CENSORING IT!! Because if you do then it's "racist". So why would you think in your wildest dreams that you can post a video like that and not have the rule applied to you "just because you didn't say it".

Just saying the N-word isn't "promoting" racism, yet it is still banned. sG doesn't want anything to do with the N-word. And IMO that gives the N-word its stronger use for actual racist to use.

You're talking about things on the server instead of discord. For years and years we have freely posted non-racist songs with slurs in it from hip hop artists, and posted videos of publicfreakouts of racists getting their comeuppance. This isn't the "i said niggardly, that's not racist" bullshit trying to circumvent the rule. The video is not racist. I did not post it to be racist. ALSO that's literally not what the global guidelines say, it's very clearly says when it's used against a person or object. Obviously there is a grander unwritten no racism rule but I'd love for you to go on discord and search both n-words and find out if they were ever punished.

Overt racism is literally allowed and tolerated as a difference of opinion as long as slurs aren't used, but a video of a black man saying the n-word is racist? 

1 hour ago, Dakota said:

For years and years we have freely posted non-racist songs with slurs in it from hip hop artists, and posted videos of publicfreakouts of racists getting their comeuppance

8duD3Uo.png

"Racism is by NO MEANS allowed and will be dealt with harshly after a warning."

The Discord says "All standard global rules are in effect here."

G. No Racist Epithets - As always, any and all racial slurs used against any person or object will not be tolerated to ANY degree (e.g., calling someone "N-word" is not allowed).

EDIT: Just found thin from a post by Oreo in 2008, which is probably what you were going off of. But I've never seen it enforced like this.

Always it has just been the way different admins enforce the rule; that applies to all of it, the forums, in game, and discord. 

I for one only enforced it as a don't spam, be overtly stupid, or have suggestive names.  Never did I have to deal with targeted racism.

Bottom line is that I have always seen the rule enforced as "No N-WORD".  So to be surprised that @daniel_ enforce it just in that way doesn't surprise me in the slightest.  I also think you're taking it too personally like you always do "and you being you, couldn't let that go". I would agree though and that it SHOULD be enforced more as a no targeted harassment or enforce like the way you think it should be.

Edited by Revöker

To say ""Racism is by NO MEANS allowed" means you think the n-word appearing in any media is racist. So again, the songs that we post in #music by black artists that say the n-word is now considered racist by sG . We have never had this problem in the entire being of the discord server until today.