Sign in to follow this  
Brendon

Suggestions - Brendon

I spent about an hour or so on the server. There are a few things that need to be implemented. I'll just make a list.

Suggestions:

• A good report system. I feel that if there are no admins online, things will be abused. As soon as an admin went offline 3 people were rdmed within minutes. This happened with the GMOD ttt server aswell. No admins -> rdm -> no people actually online. Either there needs to be 24/7 admins or a way where if a person rdm's enough they're banned
  • M4A1-S, USPS, and other traitor weapons are in need of a fix. If I kill a T and he has an M4A1-S, I may not be able to use it due to the fact that I would be killed if someone thought I was T. An admin mentioned while I was on the server that it switches, but it doesn't, so it would be fixed. Also, people can pick up p2k pistols and they turn into a usp-s. This can lead to false kills. 
  • Some maps need more drops (Magma), some need less.
  • People can't use anything other than pistols until a certain level to minimize RDM.
  • Something worse than just being slayed for RDM. I think there was a player than RDM'd on three different occasions and was slayed each time. Honestly should have just been banned.
  • Lower credit drop rate. I was getting about 5k credits a round. Half of that would probably work better because there were players that would run around the whole time, buying zeus's, and just killing every T they found. It doesn't make the game fun, and honestly that's not what ttt is about (killing everyone because you know the killer).
  • The detective. Now, they have a kit where if you ID ANY body, you can find the killer. Why is this bad? Because it directly shows the detective who the killer is. It would be better if it was like in GMOD TTT where detective would have to find the person on the map without knowing their name. A simple way to replicate this is place a beacon on the killer that the detective can see every 10 seconds or so (shorter than ttt) to find the killer.
  • Lastly, having the option to buy portions of the game that are taken out of ttt such as the minimap or one shot guns. Minimap could be 5k credits or so, and one shot GUNS (only thing in the game is knifes at the moment) could be around 10k. Pulling things from the old ttt mod could help.

This is just my 2 cents. Have fun.

Thank you for your suggestions

• A good report system. I feel that if there are no admins online, things will be abused. As soon as an admin went offline 3 people were rdmed within minutes. This happened with the GMOD ttt server aswell. No admins -> rdm -> no people actually online. Either there needs to be 24/7 admins or a way where if a person rdm's enough they're banned

I plan to make a report system similar to our gmod servers, but it will take some time, RDMers are punished for their RDMs through the karma system, if they get below 450 karma they are automatically banned from the server.

• M4A1-S, USPS, and other traitor weapons are in need of a fix. If I kill a T and he has an M4A1-S, I may not be able to use it due to the fact that I would be killed if someone thought I was T. An admin mentioned while I was on the server that it switches, but it doesn't, so it would be fixed. Also, people can pick up p2k pistols and they turn into a usp-s. This can lead to false kills. 

Currently the m4a1s and USPs are not traitor weapons, of course the issues with the weapon skins will be resolved prior to them becoming traitor weapons.

• Some maps need more drops (Magma), some need less.

all SO's can add weapons to the maps, with sm_addweapon rifle, pistol orgrenade.

• Something worse than just being slayed for RDM. I think there was a player than RDM'd on three different occasions and was slayed each time. Honestly should have just been banned.

RDMs will be handled on the next round with a slay, if the player continues to RDM they can be banned.

• Lower credit drop rate. I was getting about 5k credits a round. Half of that would probably work better because there were players that would run around the whole time, buying zeus's, and just killing every T they found. It doesn't make the game fun, and honestly that's not what ttt is about (killing everyone because you know the killer).

I'll look into reducing the amount of credits given at a lower population. Zeus shouldn't be killing people, it's supposed to paralyze them, is that not working?

• The detective. Now, they have a kit where if you ID ANY body, you can find the killer. Why is this bad? Because it directly shows the detective who the killer is. It would be better if it was like in GMOD TTT where detective would have to find the person on the map without knowing their name. A simple way to replicate this is place a beacon on the killer that the detective can see every 10 seconds or so (shorter than ttt) to find the killer.

I'm not sure what you mean, the bodies don't show the killer. Detectives have a DNA scanner that they can use to track the killer, but that's it.

• Lastly, having the option to buy portions of the game that are taken out of ttt such as the minimap or one shot guns. Minimap could be 5k credits or so, and one shot GUNS (only thing in the game is knifes at the moment) could be around 10k. Pulling things from the old ttt mod could help.

Unfortunately adding minimap back to the game enables the killfeed, this would be acceptable for traitors, but not for detectives. Throwing knives and other items are entirely possible with this gamemode and I have plans to make them in the future.

Thank you for your suggestions

Currently the m4a1s and USPs are not traitor weapons, of course the issues with the weapon skins will be resolved prior to them becoming traitor weapons.

I'll look into reducing the amount of credits given at a lower population. Zeus shouldn't be killing people, it's supposed to paralyze them, is that not working?

I'm not sure what you mean, the bodies don't show the killer. Detectives have a DNA scanner that they can use to track the killer, but that's it.

Unfortunately adding minimap back to the game enables the killfeed, this would be acceptable for traitors, but not for detectives. Throwing knives and other items are entirely possible with this gamemode and I have plans to make them in the future.

• An admin said M4A1-S was Kos.
  • Zeus doesn't freeze people, it tells you if the person is a traitor or not. What I'm saying is that it is being used a lot, to the point where traitors really only die from being zeus'd, often early on into the round. 
  • DNA scanner tells the detective who the killer was. What i'm suggesting is that it toggles a beacon when you look at a body and you have a scanner.
  • Minimap works for T's because sometimes all inno's hide and it is literally impossible to find them. 

• An admin said M4A1-S was Kos.
  • Zeus doesn't freeze people, it tells you if the person is a traitor or not. What I'm saying is that it is being used a lot, to the point where traitors really only die from being zeus'd, often early on into the round. 
  • DNA scanner tells the detective who the killer was. What i'm suggesting is that it toggles a beacon when you look at a body and you have a scanner.
  • Minimap works for T's because sometimes all inno's hide and it is literally impossible to find them. 

Are you on the right forum?, there is a Slayersgaming TTT server, we're Syndicate Gamers