turbulance

Reinstating the "No Balls No Mic" rule for War3

51 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back the "No Balls No Mic rule for wcs"

• Hell yes
    • FREEDOM
    • Don't give a fuck
    • yes but not as strict

Why? We are a community and some of those members are little kids. We have had little kids grow up in sG. If you restrict no balls then you will never know when these little kids balls have finally dropped. That is a time of celebration! You are only depriving yourself of a glorious moment in a fellow community members life. Why would you do that?

Why? We are a community and some of those members are little kids. We have had little kids grow up in sG. If you restrict no balls then you will never know when these little kids balls have finally dropped. That is a time of celebration! You are only depriving yourself of a glorious moment in a fellow community members life. Why would you do that?

Amen

Ikr I love having the little kids around. The ones who don't spam and shout in the mic. But like said before the factor of muting shouldn't be the pitch of the voice but how much they disrupt the server ;)

solution:

hit tab

LEFT click

block communication

i accept donations like follow and subscribe

The only problem with locally muting when there is 2-3 players non-stop talking is that everyone is aware these kids are talking (even if they are muted) so nobody else talks.

Last night I was on for maybe 2 maps and I rarely heard anybody talk but the same 3 players, even if I mute them then the server is just silent (because not everyone is going to mute them or assumes not everyone else has them muted) so they might as well me globally muted and told to go yell at each other in skype at that point instead of ruining "muh chat experience".

Moral of the story is, I don't like playing in a server with NOBODY talking on voicechat, and when you have a group of people screaming nonstop muting them is essentially the same as voice_enable 0, and I don't feel like they should have that kind of power.

Edited by Face

The only problem with locally muting when there is 2-3 players non-stop talking is that everyone is aware these kids are talking (even if they are muted) so nobody else talks.

Last night I was on for maybe 2 maps and I rarely heard anybody talk but the same 3 players, even if I mute them then the server is just silent (because not everyone is going to mute them or assumes not everyone else has them muted) so they might as well me globally muted and told to go yell at each other in skype at that point instead of ruining "muh chat experience".

Moral of the story is, I don't like playing in a server with NOBODY talking on voicechat, and when you have a group of people screaming nonstop muting them is essentially the same as voice_enable 0, and I don't feel like they should have that kind of power.

here i have another pro tip

talk over them if you don't have them muted, and show them that you have a big dick

It's not even about age, it's about attitude. There are two players I can think of at the moment that are regulars on War3 and are legitimately a detriment to the server. I want to play the game less when they are on, because I know that I will have to listen to them. I can locally mute them each time, but even then, I can't talk to anyone else because whenever I queue my mic there's an 80% chance they'll be saying something that interrupts me to others, even if I can't hear it.

It's not even about age, it's about attitude. There are two players I can think of at the moment that are regulars on War3 and are legitimately a detriment to the server. I want to play the game less when they are on, because I know that I will have to listen to them. I can locally mute them each time, but even then, I can't talk to anyone else because whenever I queue my mic there's an 80% chance they'll be saying something that interrupts me to others, even if I can't hear it.

Exactly my point.

Everyone who's mad about it is under the age of 15 so it's fine.

Almost everyone I know of who complains of it is in their mid twenties... and we already decided age was irrelevant within this same thread.

Edited by Face

Something something... Gmod's TTT mic timer... something something.... incorporated into wcs.

There are plenty of grown men on the server that deserve a mute way more than some of the kids that join.

Age doesn't always bring maturity

voice_enable 0 or mute them on your end. Unfortunately a large amount of the players in the Counter Strike community are younger, and we shouldn't alienate them based on an admin not liking the sound of their voice. 

voice_enable 0 or mute them on your end. Unfortunately a large amount of the players in the Counter Strike community are younger, and we shouldn't alienate them based on an admin not liking the sound of their voice. 

the people i want to mute aren't even younger physically :(

mute em anyways, and yell in your mic "no balls faggot".

WATCHU SAYING DAWG? R U SAYING I GOT A BIG PEE PEE?

Edited by HornyCat

Why has this been brought up again?

After all the times it's been questioned and all the times you've all been told no do you persist in pushing the matter?

I apologise for my outburst but I'm sure I've spoken to a lot of the War3 regulars so many times about this it's getting ridiculous.

They have as much right ot use the microphone on the server as you do, if you don't like it then mute them... problem solved, for everyone!

I've had my fair share of run ins with you on here Turbulance and more than enough reasons to dislike you... but I'm not trying to start a vote to get you removed. Different situation, same concept.

Just because your voice is deep doesn't mean you're above anybody... This only counts for Jeff, aka Black Jesus.