turbulance

Reinstating the "No Balls No Mic" rule for War3

51 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back the "No Balls No Mic rule for wcs"

• Hell yes
    • FREEDOM
    • Don't give a fuck
    • yes but not as strict

I know it was  a global and got lifted because TTT/JB/Zombie was so heavily populated by the little shits but can we possibly bring the rule back into War3 servers if we vote on it. The amount of kiddy mic spamming has gotten unreal. The rule was one of the longest standing of the community and I would at least like to try and get a vote to bring it back to wcs. I could be wrong but I think several other players/SO's agree with the idea behind it being brought back in some form or another.

I pride myself on not judging kids and their voices when they join on war3. I've met some pretty cool 12 and 13 year olds that when they talk, even though they are squeakers, they aren't annoying and the things they say are actually relevant and aren't so cringeworthy, but then you have people like Jesus kitty who simply cannot let go of his mic button and says the stupidest shit; he gets into petty battles with other players and the content of his speech is just atrocious. I really want this rule back as an option. This does not mean that I can mute Jesus kitty as soon as he joins the server, but rather if he gets to that point of annoyance, I can simply mute him.

Edited by HornyCat

When it gets bad, I just throw up a vote to mute everyone for the rest of the map, it's my workaround.
Muting everyone? That's not a workaround, that's straight up abuse lol. Plus, you and I both know that when it comes to dealing punishment on a server, a vote is perhaps the worst way to go about it. Just look at the time when ghoul would get people vote banned just because the people that knew him on the server would ride his dick hard as hell on anything he said. Edited by HornyCat

Its probably better to handle micspamming in general on a case by case basis rather than a blanket ban on children using the mic as one requires a little effort and the latter is unfair to those who follow the rules. There are some great people in this clan who are younger(ROFL, for example). I'd say its better to deal with the spam then alienate possible future players.

Its probably better to handle micspamming in general on a case by case basis rather than a blanket ban on children using the mic as one requires a little effort and the latter is unfair to those who follow the rules. There are some great people in this clan who are younger(ROFL, for example). I'd say its better to deal with the spam then alienate possible future players.
this is what I was advocating for. Not a blanket ban, but some sort of leeway when it comes to the younger crowd. Blanket bans are always a terrible idea.

Like I said the vote to bring it back in a different way is there.ya some of the kids not so bad but when jesus and a few others get going shits annoying as fuck. Only a few of them respect the general mic spamming rule and others just go for broke when they realize no admin/SO is on to forcefully shut them up. Votemute something like that just make it a high % required if your worried about whoring it.

• honestly if a player is keeping to himself and is a respectable player then whatever if he talks with a squeak, ghoul and the regulars are going to go at him anyways.

• If he is raging and screaming over mic then yeah mute him because he is mic spamming same goes for everyone else in the server.

war3 really isn't the place where no balls is needed anyways cause everyone can talk shit to each other. If a child starts spouting out, again the regulars will just shut him down.

The problem is never the pitch of someone's voice, it's how they act. That rule was used to mute people who were more mature than most other players.

I'd rather see people muted for annoying a majority of people, which votemute does accomplish. Votemute also leads to people being bandwagoned, though.

There's no perfect solution.

votemute and voteban have never worked on our servers. Actually, even I, a vet admin don't even have access to voteban. It's kind of silly. X-men and I just tried it.

Edited by HornyCat

I am not going to go in and manually mute people every time they come and go. When the server has mic spamming rules and guidelines to stop the shit from happening in the first place.

Edited by turbulance

It seems to be getting progressively worse, but there is a handful of people who join the server and do not stop talking until they leave. They mostly just make noise and say crap every time they get a kill or die and it doesn't help if they also have an annoying voice. Age is pretty irrelevant tho, it is mostly just immaturity.

so you mute them for mic spamming instead of their high voice.

Exactly this, there seems to be the false idea that you either mute the kids or you don't at all. If any admins are on when the mic spamming (example here)

They mostly just make noise and say crap every time they get a kill or die

happens, just ask them to mute or warn the player. Of course, our war3 server is also a casual server so constant talking is one of the things to go with it -- the amount of retarded topics that are on the mic is insanely high, so just keep in mind that you do have the option to mute someone yourself (people are mentioning one specific guy and that's precisely what the block comms command is for).