Sign in to follow this  
Face

WAR3 Map discussion thread

I've uploaded an album of the list of war3 maps so people can see them, included in the list is numbers that tell you what I think: http://imgur.com/a/Ti2g3

5 = Don't remember playing map and it doesn't look fun, I remember playing the map and I know it wasn't fun, or I can't find the map on google and have no recollection of playing it.

4 = I don't like the map that much but it isn't terrible

3 = I don't remember playing the map but it looks decent

What surprised me the most is how often I would not recognize a map name and would go to google it... just to find out that I remember the map and really enjoyed playing on it (e.g. de_bagra).

I think the reason for this is, with so many maps on the map list are like land mines... I don't remember what they are, one gets voted in, and it is actually something I hate. I think with less maps like this, people *might* be encouraged to vote for non-top10 maps more because they won't have to worry about the map they vote on being as bad as deadwood is.

This is not to get personal. If I marked a map as a "5" and it happens to be one of your favorites, simply state that. Maybe I just don't remember it and maybe if I play it I will enjoy it.

This is really to spur discussion. Maybe you hate a map I don't and want to tell everybody, maybe you love a map I hate and want to let people know so it doesn't get removed. Both are valid.

Please refrain from posting that you hate maps that obviously won't get removed, e.g. dolls, speedcastle, westwood, etc., as it is a waste of a post. I hate some maps too, but I know they won't get removed because other people enjoy them.

Also I'd like to take this as an opportunity to say pls add new season

Edited by Face

Here's the list, Ill be adding a screenshot for each as the night goes on

• ad_egon_world_ecg_ve [Link] 
  • cs_agency [skip]
  • cs_compound_gc_sgfix1 5075dc8ecef17.jpg
  • cs_deadwood_v7 [Link] 
  • cs_isku [No good picture for this map] 5324c773d4f7e.jpg
  • cs_italy [skip]
  • cs_militia 
  • cs_office [skip]
  • cs_orient 5273ca8ce0c58.jpg
  • cs_thunder cs_thunder.jpg
  • de_alexandra 504621ac8987b.jpg
  • de_amiaz_beta 
  • de_aurelia 507192ef2a2de.jpg
  • de_aztec_proper 50ad2410bc1f0.jpg
  • de_bagra_rc1 94361.jpg
  • de_beroth 504a06fee0ece.jpg
  • de_blackgold 
  • de_cache 
  • de_cambodia_final [no map]
  • de_canyon2_rc6 52e4a35b04fe4.jpg
  • de_cbble_csgo_final csgo_cbble1.jpg
  • de_chateau_csgo_sgfix cs-1656-de_chateau-2.jpg
  • de_cobble_b4 bZnLn.jpg
  • de_cobertura [?]
  • de_coldwater 
  • de_conduit L34IXxm.jpg
  • de_core de_core0002.jpg
  • de_cortana_pro [no pic]
  • de_crossfire 52d667e52339d.jpg
  • de_crown_v3 [no pic]
  • de_depths 
  • de_dolls_sgfix_v2-1 [common]
  • de_dust [common]
  • de_dust2 [common]
  • de_dust2_unlimited_sgfix1 [common]
  • de_frost_se 
  • de_gwalior_workshop_rc1 
  • de_haven_v3 [No pic]
  • de_heat 
  • de_himeji_castle_b2_2
  • de_icewerk_csgo
  • de_inferno
  • de_kyrenia
  • de_losttemple_go
  • de_meteora_b3
  • de_mill
  • de_mirage
  • de_nightfever_beta
  • de_nuke
  • de_overpass
  • de_piranesi_csgo
  • de_port_b2
  • de_portico_go
  • de_pressure
  • de_print
  • de_reef
  • de_rock2
  • de_rust_b3
  • de_sanguinis
  • de_snowcapped_csgo
  • de_speedcastle_sgfix
  • de_spezia_pro
  • de_stadium
  • de_toscan
  • de_train
  • de_vegas_csgo_v6
  • de_vertigo
  • de_westwood_v2
Edited by Swed

remove dolls

Pls no ruderino

Keep compound

I didn't even mark it, I like compound. That is one of the ones I didn't remember its name...

Edited by Face

I'd remove

-cs_deadwood (no one seems to like it)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/685969538598056620/40684576A5097798C680C913751BDC13D5A606BF/

-cs_isku

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=198146855

-cs_orient

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/177247

-de_apache (way too T sided & small for war3)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=264696104

-de_atom (never played it on war3)

It's maybe this one??? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145884626

-de_crown (never played it on war3)

it's maybe this one??? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=239672577

Maps which aren't played a lot but imo still deserve a place on the server (Could be removed but maybe we could encourage people to vote for less played maps if we'd implement something like map of the day to a random map and playing that map would enable increased XP gain when played)

-ad_egon_world (Old wcs1 map, which newfags haven't grown into yet I guess)

3050a.jpg

-de_alexandra (Used to be played fairly often before we got more maps... no complaints)

504621d5c00be.jpg

-de_amiaz (Used to be played fairly often before we got more maps... no complaints)

Counter-Strike-Global-Offensive-Map-de-a

-de_aurelia (Used to be played fairly often before we got more maps... no complaints) 

507192ef2a2de.jpg

-de_beroth (Never really was that popular can be removed but I never had a problem with it)

6350a.jpg

-de_cambodia (Used to be played fairly often before we got more maps... no complaints)

csgo-62-de_cambodia-3.jpg

-de_canyon2 (Still played when there are few ppl on the server... no complaints)

52e4a370dfbaa.jpg

-de_cobertura (Was played fairly often before.. Don't know what happened to it... Fairly small + only has one bombsite.. Good little skirmish map though)

51c72f12d909d.jpg

-de_core (Still played when there are few ppl on the server... no complaints)

149357a.jpg

-de_cortona (Was played fairly often before.. Don't know what happened to it... No complaints...) 

516d77e3ea9a3.jpg

-de_depths (Used to be played fairly often before we got more maps... no complaints)

NAsmkvv.jpg

-de_gwalior (Used to be played fairly often before we got more maps... no complaints)

515e4f146e3a5.jpg

-de_haven (Still played when there are few ppl on the server... no complaints) 

5394d80ce125f.jpg

-de_meteora (Used to be played fairly often before we got more maps... no complaints)

512835b775a32.jpg

-de_portico (Still played when there are few ppl on the server... no complaints)

517524627c577.jpg

-de_rock (Was played just a few days ago. Some people seemed to like it. Is a bit op for flying races since you can fly ontop of the buildings)

52f27e7d8352a.jpg

-de_sanguinis (Was played fairly often before... Don't know what happened to it..)

516af78f7f91a.jpg

-de_snowcapped (Solid map.. Cat beer)

51fc3e539b90e.jpg

-de_spezia (Was played fairly often before... Don't know what happened to it..)

5123dd2280f44.jpg

Maps that need to be fixed

-de_train (new version needs more spawnpoints for full server see bugtracker)

CS-GO-de_train-New1.jpg

-de_blackgold (needs more spawnpoints for full server see bugtracker)

maxresdefault.jpg

-de_kyrenia [Fix/keep/remove] (Map's skybox is broken. On some parts it's way too low and on some parts you can fly out of the map. Was once a decent map choice)

51798e95f1dfc.jpg

Maps that are himeji castle

52e0318ebb274.jpg

-cancerous?

-was popular at one time

-has some bugs with playerclips and stuff

-castle area is kind of a cluster fuck

-could possibly be fixed to lower the castle hight (number of floors?) a bit and maybe made a bit more open

-fix / keep / remove every choice can be justified

Edited by xmen

Thanks for taking the time to make such a thorough post x-men. It seems like a lot of the maps I've never heard of (e.g. egon word) used to be played a fair amount. I think a map of the day idea is a really cool way to encourage people to play some of the less played maps, but you gotta remove stuff like deadwood first o.o

I actually don't think any of the maps we have on there should be removed, shock that I'm not complaining for a change so I hope nobody fell off their chairs in alarm.

Each individual map has it's own unique points for certain races which keeps things different, at least for myself anyway. I honestly don't think I'd want any removed at all.

Favorite map is always going to be Westwood, I suck at it but I just can't get enough of that map. 

I must say, I've always liked dolls, and the kitchen map. I tend to connect to WC3 whenever I see them on rotation as it reminds me of my good ol' days in CS:S. 

I don't play WC3 that often, but I always hear people complain about speedcastle, IDK why though as its on of my faves as well. 

Every time the server switches to crossfire I get booted with a failed download.  >.<

Try going into your csgo folder and manually deleting the map from there. Then rejoin the server while its on that map to download it again. This has work for others in the past with the same issue but on different maps. 

Just going to add my two cents and say that we should find maps like the ones in Fistful of Frags (a free western-styled Source game on Steam).

All of the maps in that game are pretty creative and CSGO mapmakers should give them some attention.

I must say, I've always liked dolls, and the kitchen map. I tend to connect to WC3 whenever I see them on rotation as it reminds me of my good ol' days in CS:S. 

I don't play WC3 that often, but I always hear people complain about speedcastle, IDK why though as its on of my faves as well. 

I agree with Bulldog, dolls is a pretty good map.  Most of the server likes it, rarely do i see someone that plays regularly on the server say they don't like it. I remember the kitchen map but don't have much experience with it.