Sign in to follow this  
Prosak

Necklace of Immunity on Troll

xmen,

I asked the same question of a fellow Adventurer (a maxed one) last night. His point was that endurance wasn't that important when you could buy a Perpiat of Health on pretty much every round with the 16Ks coming in every few rounds. Those 20 points could be put to use in other skills (in this case, 10 points bash, 10 points vamp). After trying a reduced endurance "build" I can see their point.

Cash does have the effect of making most shopmenu items basically free, especially when combined with good betting.

dont need shitty bash chance.

dont need shitty vamp %.

you need hp. 

While we are on the subject, we should broach a larger issue here. Many races have items restricted that when lookin in conjuction with other races makes you go huh? For example, Adventurer (top tier race) is restricted from everything more or less but Unholy Paladin (top tier race) can go about and buy willy nilly.

I think the shopmenu should be used as a tactical advantage, depending on map, etc. I love cash but with it incoming every 5 rounds or so, I can afford to buy the +50 hp on adventurer and completely skip the endurance skill. Also, I think some of the prices are out of whack. $1000 for chainmail/claws seems very low given their potentcy.

Or at least, keep the shopmenu restrictions rules constant (i.e. if your race has any extra damage, no claws for you) etc. etc.

As far as Adventurer and Unholy go, Adventurer is really strong no matter what, Unholy has to rely on their being a lot of people on the server for it to be really strong. So what happens when Unholy gets a ton of stuff restricted and then someone who can only play really early in the morning, when no one is on, ends up having to level that race and it's kind of weak?

Also, Claws and Chainmail are perfectly fine the way they are, both items give a bonus that's nice enough to be worth buying, but not so strong that having those items makes very noticable strength differences in a race. Some races do get better use out of those items than others, but overall those items are not super strong and are just there to give you a little bit of an edge in situations where you may have died. For example, when I am on Naix and I am fighting another Naix it can help to have the bonus damage so that even though we are both leeching each other I am getting extra damage on the other so I have a slightly better chance of coming out on top.

All of the shopmenu items, with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions, have been perfectly fine the way they are for over a year now without any issue.

Buff Dust of Appearance and lower its cost (1500)

Orb of Frost should work like cripple and slow long jump probably is the best way to implement it

Orb should cost 3000

Claws should cost 2500

Chain should cost 2500

Ring should cost 3k

Mask is probably pretty good at 5k

Potentially add a Magic Resist Cloak for 4k that lowers magic dmg taken 25% because Chain Lit Spam/Crypt Lord and what not is obnoxious to most classes completely.  This would lower initial dmg to 18/22ish respectively

Orb of Frost should work like cripple and slow long jump probably is the best way to implement it

Orb should cost 3000

Claws should cost 2500

Chain should cost 2500

Ring should cost 3k

Potentially add a Magic Resist Cloak for 4k that lowers magic dmg taken 25% because Chain Lit Spam/Crypt Lord and what not is obnoxious to most classes completely.  This would lower initial dmg to 18/22ish respectively

Just no. Here is what it should be:

Crusaders $1000

Claws $1000

Chainmail $1000

Ring of Regen $1000

Book of XP $3000

Tome of XP $15000

Ice Totem $5-6k

And maybe have Respawn.

just so u all know, some(if not all) shopmenu items will be brought back, with price adjustments. That has been the plan from the getgo, just chill a bit.

Orb should cost 3000

Claws should cost 2500

Chain should cost 2500

Ring should cost 3k

what are these prices even based off of? did you just pull them out of your ass?

Strength of items combined with ability to get them every single round combined with wish.

As if you can get wish/chain/claw and sometimes ring if your team won.

This simple low level set is extremely effective and provides significant bonus for what is not even a mediocre investment.

Claws are much stronger of an item than their value compared to something like dust of appearance and orb of frost which cost x2-3 more money and provide much less direct lethality advantage.

This should probably go away.

Exp oriented bounties vs cash would be nice as well.

Strength of items combined with ability to get them every single round combined with wish.

As if you can get wish/chain/claw and sometimes ring if your team won.

This simple low level set is extremely effective and provides significant bonus for what is not even a mediocre investment.

Claws are much stronger of an item than their value compared to something like dust of appearance and orb of frost which cost x2-3 more money and provide much less direct lethality advantage.

This should probably go away.

Exp oriented bounties vs cash would be nice as well.

Have you seen the new prices? Its 3500$ for claws now