Sign in to follow this  
Prosak

Necklace of Immunity on Troll

Leave my fucking wisp alone. Also, Necklace costs either 10k or disables half way through the round (I forget, it was supposed to be patched to one of the two) so it's not ideal either way. Also removing necklace and putting ice totem instead, blood hunter will rape EVERY SINGLE FUCKING RACE

Remove Necklace completely, add Ice Totem

I want to, and I almost did awhile ago before my tyrannical decision was struck down by the council. I(We) was compensated with a tweak(disable after half ppl dead) to necklace and price change. A lot of these shopmenu issues would resolve themselves if cash wasn't given so often(OR EVER). The current shopmenu, the shopmenu that has been implemented in hundreds of different warcraft servers, was meant for servers that don't give you fucking 16k every so often. Now, ofcourse, as you all have noticed, 16k isn't given a static amount of times per map, anymore. So that is a small step in the right direction. However, we still give cash like its going out of style. Some people will waste it on tomes, which is totally fine. However, some people save it and shopwhore with it, which becomes an issue. Shopmenu is an extraordinary powerful entity that, in theory sounds like an awesome way to kinda customize how you play, but the way it's used now, you can almost max your shopmenu category limits out just with 16k. It seem's to me like shopmenu prices are too low. 

If we removed necklace, I'm 100% sure we would have a lot of crying. 

I remember back in the day when you got cash once a round and that was at the end of the map so you could put some tomes in a shit class or your current. Dem was da days

Honestly if the server automatically gave ~30k, 45k, or 60k at the end of a map for 2, 3, 4 tomes (respectively) instead of the current system I would much prefer that.

Edited by Face

that would detail people being on those shit races to take that 1000xp. So I don't think it would be much help. Unless it was like hey next round everybody get on your shit races handing out exp. Then maybe...just maybe. Then AGAIN that would make the tome-less races go back to the perks they were denied for leveling reasons. 

what the literally greedy fuck, face do you want a god damn silver spoon in your mouth or a balanced fucking mod. Jesus fucking christ you guys.

free tomes have absolutely 0 impact on balance

was referring to the mid round money aspect of the give sir. And pouring money into the game does make it unbalanced

Face never said anything about mid round money, he said cash at map end

My idea a) reduces shop whoring b) results in (generally) less cash given out and c) restricts cash given out to being used for tomes.

Explain to me how that is any "greedier" than getting 32k-64k+ with the added option of using midround cash to shop whore.

Edit: also just thought, maybe it could be dependent on how many rounds you played on the map. E.g. if 45k is given out and you were there for 10 rounds you get 22.5k. That way people don't start joining last few rounds just for cash

Edited by Face

The thing with shop whoring is that the really good people that shop whore, don't die often. If they do, then all the previous rounds of not dieing allows them to buy all their items again. Also, some races don't need many expensive items to be above great.

The problem with your idea Face is that it encourages switching to the shittiest or most underleveled races you have, the ones you basically never play on the last round. It destroys the flow of wcs, because now instead of 20 rounds it's 19+1 xp round. I'm going to propose something a little bit more fluid.

You know what I really would've liked that I don't think anyone has thought of yet. User Driven Xp gains

A plugin that would encourage doing well with races and well in general. This means everything from objectives to kills to defusing bombs. At the beginning of each map, you get a counter in chat telling you that you have something like 0/1000 xp to go before being rewarded with cash ranging from 8-64k(seeing 64k popup is an RNG boner). Obviously the higher the money given, the lower the percent chance of getting that money. You can even announce it to the server in chat saying "user has received 64K for completing his/her counter". On the last round, your xp gains for your counter are tripled. So if you have 500xp in the last round and you really need to hit 1000 xp, the entire duration of that round will net you triple the xp. Changing your race whatsoever restarts the counter back to zero.

Good part is that whoring this is all about helping out your team. Think of it like Checkpoints. You can do away with admin given cash, and naturally people will want to do well on their race.

Maybe it's a little radical, but I think something like what I mentioned would be phenomenal. People would not have to rely so much on admins for leveling up their races.

The problem with your idea Face is that it encourages switching to the shittiest or most underleveled races you have, the ones you basically never play on the last round. It destroys the flow of wcs, because now instead of 20 rounds it's 19+1 xp round. I'm going to propose something a little bit more fluid.

You know what I really would've liked that I don't think anyone has thought of yet. User Driven Xp gains

A plugin that would encourage doing well with races and well in general. This means everything from objectives to kills to defusing bombs. At the beginning of each map, you get a counter in chat telling you that you have something like 0/1000 xp to go before being rewarded with cash ranging from 8-64k(seeing 64k popup is an RNG boner). Obviously the higher the money given, the lower the percent chance of getting that money. You can even announce it to the server in chat saying "user has received 64K for completing his/her counter". On the last round, your xp gains for your counter are tripled. So if you have 500xp in the last round and you really need to hit 1000 xp, the entire duration of that round will net you triple the xp. Changing your race whatsoever restarts the counter back to zero.

Good part is that whoring this is all about helping out your team. Think of it like Checkpoints. You can do away with admin given cash, and naturally people will want to do well on their race.

Maybe it's a little radical, but I think something like what I mentioned would be phenomenal. People would not have to rely so much on admins for leveling up their races.

or ya know, delete cash. 

I wish admins could more easily give out EXP than cash.

It helps people playing something like shopkeeper or methodical or something more than cash and leads to less shopwhoring/respawnbation.

Cash rounds lead to salty respawns from people who died, spectated who killed them and respawned to kill them with essentially ghosting information.

Cash is great because it helps people level

Honestly, I was kinda happy when cash was broken.  Game was a lot more fun...