Sign in to follow this  
thorgot

Chat Commands and Keybinds

war3menu - the main menu that leads you to many of the others if you forget the commands.

race

changerace - brings up the full changerace menu.
changerace # - brings up the full changerace menu at the page number specified.
changerace name - searches for name and changes to that race if one is found. If multiple races containing name are found, a menu is shown with those races.
changerace p/k/g/! - show a race list of all pistol, knife, grenade or special races.
changerace random - changes to a random race.
changerace rotd - changes to your Race of the Day.
changerace unmaxed - show a list of unmaxed races that you can switch to.
changerace leveling/unleveled - changes to a random race, excluding races that are fully leveled.
changerace previous - changes to the last race you were on. (I heard this was broken a while back, haven't tested it recently).

changerace high - orders the race list from your highest race level to your lowest

changerace low - orders the race list from your lowest race level to your highest
levelbank - displays your levelbank levels and allows you to use them on your current race.
resetskills - resets your skills. Works immediately if dead, otherwise waits until death or round end.
spendskills/chooseskills/selectskills - spend skill points

spendskillsmax - spend all available skill points on skills (up to their maximum level)

help

itemsinfo/iteminfo/shopinfo - displays a list of items which you can select to get more information about a specific item
raceinfo - brings up the full raceinfo menu. Select one to get information about it.
raceinfo # - brings up the full raceinfo menu at the page number specified.
raceinfo name - searches for name and displays information about that race if one is found. If multiple races containing name are found, a menu is shown with those races.
rotd - print out your current Race of the Day.
skillsinfo - displays your race's skill descriptions.
war3help/help/wchelp - displays a basic help menu

playerinfo

maxhp - displays your maxhp value
myinfo - show playerinfo for yourself.
myitems - shows the items you currently have.
playerinfo - brings up a list of players. Select one to get information about them.
playerinfo name - searches for that player and brings up their playerinfo.
showxp/xp - show your current level and experience and how much you need to level.
speed - displays your speed, or the speed of the person you're spectating. playerinfo shows this too.

shop

buyprevious/bp - buys the items you had the previous round.
shopmenu - brings up the shop menu to purchase items for cash.
shop name - purchase an item matching "name"
shop tomes# - purchase # tomes. For example, shop tomes3 would attempt to purchases 3 tomes.
shop books# - purchase # books. For example, shop books3 would attempt to purchase 3 books.
shopinfo/iteminfo - show information about an item.

wishon/wishoff - automatically purchase crusaders wish

extenderon/extenderoff - automatically purchase pistol clip extender

restricted/!restricted - shows you items you cannot purchase on a race because they are restricted

canbuy/!canbuy - shows you items you can purchase on a race - items you don't own, that aren't restricted, and you have enough cash to purchase

purchases/purchased - prints to console a listing of items that were purchased in the last round. See spoiler for more details.

vH16GZf.png

Items before the |S| mean a player owned these items before the round started (they were carried over from last round). |D| indicates a death and |R| indicates a respawn. With a little thinking, this lets you know exactly what items a player owned each life.

ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM LISTING: Tome, Book, Scroll of Respawn, Mole

stats

racestats - show various race statistics, sorted by maxed kdr, kdr, wlr, time, levels, players, or minlevel
racestats maxed/kdr/wlr/time/levels/players/minlevel - jump directly to the race statistics list sorted by the specified value
racestats name - show the race stats for the specified race name.
rank/next/top10 - show various gameme rank information in menu form
kdeath - show your kills/deaths ratio
place - show your game rank in chat
war3rank - show your war3 rank (top level count) in chat
war3top# - shows the top # players in terms of level count. top can be any number from 1 to 100.

racetop10 - show the top players on each race by level

racetop10 name - show the racetop10 for a specified race name

settings
!settings - Display a list of all settings below in a menu with options to easily change them.
!cooldown_chat - Display skill cooldown notices in chat.
!cooldown_hint - Display skill cooldown notices in hint boxes. (default)
!cooldown_none - Do not display any skill cooldown notices.
!respawn_none - whenever you respawn you will instead remain dead.
!respawn_normal - whenever you respawn you will respawn where you died. (default)
!respawn_spawn - whenever you respawn you will respawn at your team's spawn.
!spendskills_always - display spendskills menu frequently if you have any skills available.
!spendskills_never - never display spendskills menu unless you use the spendskills command.
!spendskills_on_level - display spendskills menu automatically only when you level up.

!clutch - toggles clutch chat. When enabled, you cannot hear voice chat when you are last alive.

guns

guns - brings up a menu to purchase M4A1S, M4A4, and AK47. Can only be used in spawn. Cannot be used if the weapon is restricted or if you are holding a primary weapon.
guns m4a1s - buys an m4a1s, "guns ak47" and "guns m4a4" work similarly.

misc

/stuck, /unstuck, !stuck, !unstuck - all attempt to do the same thing, attempt to get you "unstuck" if you are stuck on a player, object, in a wall, etc.

debugging (see this post for details)

/debug

/debug attacker

/debug victim

/debug off

This information should go in the war3help menu, but it's here for now.

If you discover any missed commands or that any of these do not work as intended, please let us know.

Edited by Face

changerace name - searches for name and changes to that race if one is found. If multiple races containing name are found, a menu is shown with those races.

raceinfo name - searches for name and displays information about that race if one is found. If multiple races containing name are found, a menu is shown with those races. Nice these finally work like that GJ

Can this be done with !transfer cash command too? Because currently you aren't able to transfer cash with !transfer name amount if there are players like ani and sanity, without using the player id by typing status into console. 

Edited by xmen

Can this be done with !transfer cash command too? Because currently you aren't able to transfer cash with !transfer name amount if there are players like ani and sanity, without using the player id by typing status into console. 

That is possible but unlikely. I can definitely do it with playerinfo because that already uses a custom menu and is in the same code base as the others, so it's a matter of filtering which items are displayed, but transfer is a standalone plugin that just uses the vanilla sourcemod name parsing and there's no such menu in place.

Well using the !transfer command and manually picking from the menu works so it's not critical, just thought it might be an easy fix..

People should use buy hotkeys to not AFK in a doorway every time an admin gives cash 5 seconds after the round starts.

For example I use:

bind . "say buy tome"
bind , "say buy wish"
bind KP_DEL "say buy book"
bind KP_END "buy vesthelm;buy vest"
bind KP_DOWNARROW "say buy chain"
bind KP_PGDN "say buy claw"
bind KP_HOME "say buy health"
bind KP_UPARROW "say buy jump"
bind KP_PGUP "say buy mask"

So periods = XP (keypad period being book), comma = wish, top row of numpad = health, jump, mask, bottom row of numpad being armor+helm, chain, claw.

I only have those bound because they are my most commonly used.

Also if I could put in 2 cents I would say reduce the amount of inputs before you get the "you are spamming the server" message.  I can generally issue 3 buy commands MAYBE a fourth with hotkeys before getting the spam command. Then you have to awkwardly try every 3-5 seconds to get your buy to go through. Is pretty annoying on a regular basis... 5 buy commands isn't spamming.

Also CSGO related but not necessarily wc3, these make life a lot easier:

bind f1 "buy m4a1;buy ak47;buy vesthelm"
bind f2 "buy smokegrenade;buy flashbang;buy flashbang;buy hegrenade"

A lot more can be done but everything else is pretty much preference.

Edited by Face

Also if I could put in 2 cents I would say reduce the amount of inputs before you get the "you are spamming the server" message.  I can generally issue 3 buy commands MAYBE a fourth with hotkeys before getting the spam command. Then you have to awkwardly try every 3-5 seconds to get your buy to go through. Is pretty annoying on a regular basis... 5 buy commands isn't spamming.

I've lowered the chat flood protection since spamming isn't a huge problem on the war3 server anyways. You should be able to use say commands much faster now. Let me know if it helps.

Thorgot, can you take a look into the buy command specifically like buy book5 for example. That code for example needs to be fixed or changed.

Below is an example of a key bind that purchases 4 different items:

bind KP_ENTER "buy vest; buy vesthelm; buy defuser; say shop wish"

The key is the keypad enter and basically all this is doing is four different purchases that it will attempt to do. If one fails it will move onto the next one. For example, you are a Terrorist, so defuser is a useless item because you cannot purchase it. It will still attempt to purchase it  but it will fail and it will continue onwards to buy a crusader's wish from shopmenu. The syntax for how this works is simple, all buy commands HAVE to come before a say command. I have attempted it before and it does not work.

This bind can be shortened by removing  "buy vesthelm" however I keep that for the rounds when I survive and the only think I need is armor. The "buy vesthelm" bind doesn't quite work under that situation.

Edited by BLiNDBoi

Thorgot, can you take a look into the buy command specifically like buy book5 for example. That code for example needs to be fixed or changed.

Will do. I noticed the post about this in the bug thread so this is on my list.

shop books5 and shop tomes5 still work. I can't see why tome5 and book5 aren't working any more, but at least you can still use the functionality using the plural.

So after learning about the sm_observe command I made a new hotkey and I kind of like it.

To preface, generally when I die I like to spectate the best player(s) in the server. I find it more entertaining.

A quick way to do this is to set up a hotkey to cycle through who you think are the most fun people to watch (for me it is kp_ins) and you just gotta tap it once when you are playing war3 and presto.

This is not mine, but this is an example of what I mean:

bind kp_ins "sm_observe godofbaiting;sm_observe vulcan; sm_observe spicy chicken"

It goes from the first one to the last one, and whoever the last player is in the list that is on the server, that is who you are set to observe.

e.g. if vulcan and godofbaiting were on, it would spectate vulcan. If all were on, it would spectate spicy chicken.

You can do this with as many players as you want without a spam limit affecting you (I believe). My hotkey is something like 10 or 12 players and I never have issues using it.

alternatively, i prefer watching the worst players on the server, as watching them flail around and die entertains me, so I just use "sm_observe face"

Kappa I can't watch the worst player because Name rarely plays any more

command suggestion:

!tryhard

Pops up a menu with the following options:

Mute voicechat with 5 players or less alive

Mute voicechat in 1v1 situations

Mute voicechat when you are last alive

Never mute voicechat

Really only a quality of life thing, but it'll make people stop whining about voicechat from dead players.

or u know

bindtoggle key voice_enable

I don't care about it. I just get tired about people complaining. Seems like I hear it every day. I agree they should voice toggle but idk seems like nobody ever does it.

On 2/28/2015 at 10:15 AM, Face said:

So after learning about the sm_observe command I made a new hotkey and I kind of like it.

To preface, generally when I die I like to spectate the best player(s) in the server. I find it more entertaining.

A quick way to do this is to set up a hotkey to cycle through who you think are the most fun people to watch (for me it is kp_ins) and you just gotta tap it once when you are playing war3 and presto.

This is not mine, but this is an example of what I mean:

bind kp_ins "sm_observe godofbaiting;sm_observe vulcan; sm_observe spicy chicken"

It goes from the first one to the last one, and whoever the last player is in the list that is on the server, that is who you are set to observe.

e.g. if vulcan and godofbaiting were on, it would spectate vulcan. If all were on, it would spectate spicy chicken.

You can do this with as many players as you want without a spam limit affecting you (I believe). My hotkey is something like 10 or 12 players and I never have issues using it.

When you know you're not getting on that sweet sweet staff list FeelsBadMan

neat bind tho

Edited by Nodus Tollens

Added "purchases"/"purchased" and war3_purchases/war3_purchased (console). They print information about shop purchases/deaths/respawns during the previous round to your console. Excludes tome/book/scroll/mole

Added "restricted" to print what items are restricted for your race to chat.

Added "canbuy" to print what items you can buy (you don't own them, they aren't restricted, and you have cash for them) to chat.

I'll include more information in the main post above.

Edited by Face

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2014 at 12:20 AM, thorgot said:

war3menu - the main menu that leads you to many of the others if you forget the commands.

race

changerace - brings up the full changerace menu.
changerace # - brings up the full changerace menu at the page number specified.
changerace p/k/g/! - show a race list of all pistol, knife, grenade or special races.
changerace random - changes to a random race.
changerace rotd - changes to your Race of the Day.
changerace unmaxed - show a list of unmaxed races that you can switch to.
changerace leveling/unleveled - changes to a random race, excluding races that are fully leveled.
changerace previous - changes to the last race you were on. (I heard this was broken a while back, haven't tested it recently).

changerace high - orders the race list from your highest race level to your lowest

changerace low - orders the race list from your lowest race level to your highest
levelbank - displays your levelbank levels and allows you to use them on your current race.
resetskills - resets your skills. Works immediately if dead, otherwise waits until death or round end.
spendskills/chooseskills/selectskills - spend skill points

spendskillsmax - spend all available skill points on skills (up to their maximum level)

help

itemsinfo/iteminfo/shopinfo - displays a list of items which you can select to get more information about a specific item
raceinfo - brings up the full raceinfo menu. Select one to get information about it.
raceinfo # - brings up the full raceinfo menu at the page number specified.
raceinfo name - searches for name and displays information about that race if one is found. If multiple races containing name are found, a menu is shown with those races.
rotd - print out your current Race of the Day.
skillsinfo - displays your race's skill descriptions.
war3help/help/wchelp - displays a basic help menu

playerinfo

maxhp - displays your maxhp value
myinfo - show playerinfo for yourself.
myitems - shows the items you currently have.
playerinfo - brings up a list of players. Select one to get information about them.
playerinfo name - searches for that player and brings up their playerinfo.
showxp/xp - show your current level and experience and how much you need to level.
speed - displays your speed, or the speed of the person you're spectating. playerinfo shows this too.

shop

buyprevious/bp - buys the items you had the previous round.
shopmenu - brings up the shop menu to purchase items for cash.
shop name - purchase an item matching "name"
shop tomes# - purchase # tomes. For example, shop tomes3 would attempt to purchases 3 tomes.
shop books# - purchase # books. For example, shop books3 would attempt to purchase 3 books.
shopinfo/iteminfo - show information about an item.

wishon/wishoff - automatically purchase crusaders wish

extenderon/extenderoff - automatically purchase pistol clip extender

restricted/!restricted - shows you items you cannot purchase on a race because they are restricted

canbuy/!canbuy - shows you items you can purchase on a race - items you don't own, that aren't restricted, and you have enough cash to purchase

purchases/purchased - prints to console a listing of items that were purchased in the last round. See spoiler for more details.

Reveal hidden contents

vH16GZf.png

Items before the |S| mean a player owned these items before the round started (they were carried over from last round). |D| indicates a death and |R| indicates a respawn. With a little thinking, this lets you know exactly what items a player owned each life.

ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM LISTING: Tome, Book, Scroll of Respawn, Mole

stats

racestats - show various race statistics, sorted by maxed kdr, kdr, wlr, time, levels, players, or minlevel
racestats maxed/kdr/wlr/time/levels/players/minlevel - jump directly to the race statistics list sorted by the specified value
racestats name - show the race stats for the specified race name.
rank/next/top10 - show various gameme rank information in menu form
kdeath - show your kills/deaths ratio
place - show your game rank in chat
war3rank - show your war3 rank (top level count) in chat
war3top# - shows the top # players in terms of level count. top can be any number from 1 to 100.

racetop10 - show the top players on each race by level

racetop10 name - show the racetop10 for a specified race name

settings
!settings - Display a list of all settings below in a menu with options to easily change them.
!cooldown_chat - Display skill cooldown notices in chat.
!cooldown_hint - Display skill cooldown notices in hint boxes. (default)
!cooldown_none - Do not display any skill cooldown notices.
!respawn_none - whenever you respawn you will instead remain dead.
!respawn_normal - whenever you respawn you will respawn where you died. (default)
!respawn_spawn - whenever you respawn you will respawn at your team's spawn.
!spendskills_always - display spendskills menu frequently if you have any skills available.
!spendskills_never - never display spendskills menu unless you use the spendskills command.
!spendskills_on_level - display spendskills menu automatically only when you level up.

!clutch - toggles clutch chat. When enabled, you cannot hear voice chat when you are last alive.

guns

guns - brings up a menu to purchase M4A1S, M4A4, and AK47. Can only be used in spawn. Cannot be used if the weapon is restricted or if you are holding a primary weapon.
guns m4a1s - buys an m4a1s, "guns ak47" and "guns m4a4" work similarly.

misc

/stuck, /unstuck, !stuck, !unstuck - all attempt to do the same thing, attempt to get you "unstuck" if you are stuck on a player, object, in a wall, etc.

debugging (see this post for details)

/debug

/debug attacker

/debug victim

/debug off

This information should go in the war3help menu, but it's here for now.

If you discover any missed commands or that any of these do not work as intended, please let us know.

Very well put ty very much.