Sign in to follow this  
Piero

Since ZE got deleted

Now that ZE is not an sG server anymore  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of server would you like

The population didn't die purely because of DDOS, it's the fact that we can't play all of our fun maps that are larger than the DL bracket and the constant crashes.

This. I really missed playing all those maps over 150mb.

Also, what is RPG SK? Is it basically warcraft with only 2 weapons?

The only way we'll be able to properly repopulate ze is if we go in and re optimize the +150mb maps. The only problem with this is that for some maps, we'll have to take out something (As much as I hate to say it, for Mako, we may want to move to see if removing the zm mode will fix it, besides zm mode was never played that much anyway.)

The amount of times I've tried, literally hounding EVERYONE (you included) to join the server...nobody joins and nobody cares.

The population didn't die purely because of DDOS, it's the fact that we can't play all of our fun maps that are larger than the DL bracket and the constant crashes. We need something to be done about all of the maps that are no longer available to play and figure out why the server keeps crashing.

I can't for the life of me understand why the server hasn't been taken apart and fixed from scratch with a bit of care, I understand people are busy and there are other things to do...but that server has gone from top 10 to almost 2000 in 9 months and nobody who can do anything about it seems to give a shit.

No one ever mentioned crashing to me or trucka. How are suppose to fix something when no one gives us the information to fix the problem. We need the circumstances around each crash, so we can attempt to fix the issue. When I was trying to get it back populated it didn't crash once. One day I tested the server for hours and never experienced one crash. Sometime maps over 150mb were left on and caused a crash. 

ZE still has ton of maps on the server and every time someone bitches about the bigger map being gone I want to slap them across the face. If you want those maps back then go reduce their file size by removing textures and brushes. If you see another ZE server with the maps being played go grab their version and upload the map to an upload site and PM someone on staff, so we can readd it. There is no fix for the 150mb map file size at least there wasn't when I was still working on CSGO about two weeks ago. 

This. I really missed playing all those maps over 150mb.

Also, what is RPG SK? Is it basically warcraft with only 2 weapons?

Like the RPG surf has, but instead of surf it is scoutzknives.

The only way we'll be able to properly repopulate ze is if we go in and re optimize the +150mb maps. The only problem with this is that for some maps, we'll have to take out something (As much as I hate to say it, for Mako, we may want to move to see if removing the zm mode will fix it, besides zm mode was never played that much anyway.)

The problem is everyone says they will try to reduce the file size, but no one ever does and then they complain that those maps are missing....

.I can't for the life of me understand why the server hasn't been taken apart and fixed from scratch with a bit of care, I understand people are busy and there are other things to do...but that server has gone from top 10 to almost 2000 in 9 months and nobody who can do anything about it seems to give a shit.

The server was taken apart and was completely rebuilt, but from what I was told the live server just magically stopped crashing, so for some reason they didn't bother putting the rebuilt server up.

The server was taken apart and was completely rebuilt, but from what I was told the live server just magically stopped crashing, so for some reason they didn't bother putting the rebuilt server up.

Erm...okay so that makes no sense, can you please put the rebuilt one up then?

Shadow I don't know the specifics as I'm not on as mush as I used to be now, but every time we were on the server previously (talking 2-3 weeks ago) we'd get random crashes on map change, sometimes we couldn't even join the server in the first place either (Something Jay mentioned to me).

For the sake of the map sizes, you don't need to get so salty when we mention them, we aren't pointing the finger at anybody in particular it's just the main factor as to why the server flopped. We appreciate the work all of you put into it, but as engineers isn't it your job to be making these fixes towards our servers when stuff like this happens, and for the maps isn't it the 'mapping squad' (Which I thought was still a thing) to sort this out.

If I had the time and the know how I'd be more than happy to go and fix all of this stuff...fact of the matter is, I personally don't. There are plenty of people in this community who are able to do the required things to fix and repopulate the server but for some reason nothing has been done to pull these people together to sort it.

I honestly think staff need to step up and pull everybody who can help together to do something, that server was by far the best one we had and it's gone to shit completely. Do something about it before we try and add some new bullshit mod that'll be popular for a fortnight and then die along with the rest of them. 

Shadow I don't know the specifics as I'm not on as mush as I used to be now, but every time we were on the server previously (talking 2-3 weeks ago) we'd get random crashes on map change, sometimes we couldn't even join the server in the first place either (Something Jay mentioned to me).

For the sake of the map sizes, you don't need to get so salty when we mention them, we aren't pointing the finger at anybody in particular it's just the main factor as to why the server flopped. We appreciate the work all of you put into it, but as engineers isn't it your job to be making these fixes towards our servers when stuff like this happens, and for the maps isn't it the 'mapping squad' (Which I thought was still a thing) to sort this out.

If I had the time and the know how I'd be more than happy to go and fix all of this stuff...fact of the matter is, I personally don't. There are plenty of people in this community who are able to do the required things to fix and repopulate the server but for some reason nothing has been done to pull these people together to sort it.

I honestly think staff need to step up and pull everybody who can help together to do something, that server was by far the best one we had and it's gone to shit completely. Do something about it before we try and add some new bullshit mod that'll be popular for a fortnight and then die along with the rest of them. 

The map size thing is not an easy fix. I previously asked every mapper to assist, but it is a very long project that no one was willing to do. This is not the reason the server flopped otherwise every ZE server would of flopped and they didn't. I do not know what fix you want. There is no fix. Valve added a hard download limit. The only way to fix the issue is to reduce the map size. I brought up two or three different ways this could of been done, but each way required a lot of time on a mapper/s part. I was unwilling to learn how to do it myself as I was already engaged in other projects. If other servers are playing these maps as I said then someone can grab them and give them to us to put on the server, but as far as I know no other server is hosting the big ZE maps anymore.

The problem was the lack of support of active players on ZE. No was committing time to actively populate the server. Sure about twice-three times a week one or two SOs would jump on for two hours and the server would do well for a few hours. What needed to be done was to have people constantly going in the server spamming invites to the ZE group and friends every time the server pop started to die.  That is all I did previously to get the server in the top 3. I went into ZE spammed invited my friends until there were about five of us. Next, I spammed the ZE steam group and encouraged every random to invite their steam friends. Anytime the server hit around 10 people I would jump back in there and do it again.

If you are referring to a few months ago when the server was broken and constantly crashing that was before I came back on staff. They were having a technical issues with conflicting plugins. The crashes you are talking about I never was able to replicate making it impossible for me or anyone else to attempt to fix it.

This is the problem with any new server.  It needs people 7 days a week to populate a server for a few weeks before it can sustain itself on new players.

As far as I know ZE is no longer crashing, so uploading the rebuilt server wont bring back any population because it won't fix what the real problem with ZE is.

Zombie Escape is dead because the server couldn't catch a break, first it was the constant DDOS attacks, then the conflicting plugins that caused the server to crash and then valve added a max download limit and no one removed the maps that were to large causing the server to die every time it switched to a map that was larger than 150mb.

After all that, the majority of the population found somewhere else to play, only leaving SO's and a handful of dedicated regulars that were interested in playing on our server. The majority of the SO's stepped down or stopped playing because they didn't have any desire to put in all the work and time it would take to get the server populated again, trucka also left staff because he lacked the desire and the time to repopulate the server again.

After all that the server is left with two SO's , no dedicated staff member  and no player base. There hasn't been a single person that has stepped up to the plate and started populating the server again and I can't think of a single competent person that we could promote to ZE adviser and would actually get the server populated again. 

As far as I know ZE is no longer crashing, so uploading the rebuilt server wont bring back any population because it won't fix what the real problem with ZE is.

Zombie Escape is dead because the server couldn't catch a break, first it was the constant DDOS attacks, then the conflicting plugins that caused the server to crash and then valve added a max download limit and no one removed the maps that were to large causing the server to die every time it switched to a map that was larger than 150mb.

After all that, the majority of the population found somewhere else to play, only leaving SO's and a handful of dedicated regulars that were interested in playing on our server. The majority of the SO's stepped down or stopped playing because they didn't have any desire to put in all the work and time it would take to get the server populated again, trucka also left staff because he lacked the desire and the time to repopulate the server again.

After all that the server is left with two SO's , no dedicated staff member  and no player base. There hasn't been a single person that has stepped up to the plate and started populating the server again and I can't think of a single competent person that we could promote to ZE adviser and would actually get the server populated again. 

While I see the point you are trying to make, it's not correct in saying the server no long crashes because this isn't the case, as I've stated. The server does still crash at will for no reason (that I know of) and I'm talking in the last few weeks not months ago. There are players, like myself again who do try and populate the server. You can see why people don't really care about the server anymore when even our own staff ignore my pm's or brush off my pm's on steam when asking people to join the server...you included Eddy (hate to name and shame).

If this is the case and the community doesn't really care about the server, which is a massive shame, I feel there should be a public forum wide vote as to whether or not we should keep ZE (not a stupid poll like this) something that the entire community can be a part of, and discuss PROPERLY other alternatives.

I love the server but if it is dead in the water we do need to consider changing, because those of us who don't play JB or WC3 or surf (especially fucking unturned) haven't got anywhere to play anymore.

ZM! There is only one popular zm server for cs:go and its Russian. We would probably be able to take their entire English speaking population and even people who still play css zm might want to try it out. On top of that, there are so many great zm maps already made on gamebanana that we could use. I know knockback is the main issue for zm in csgo, but I have tried out the Russian server a few times, and I haven't had a problem.

I'd be up for ZM, I don't really like ZE...

While I see the point you are trying to make, it's not correct in saying the server no long crashes because this isn't the case, as I've stated. The server does still crash at will for no reason (that I know of) and I'm talking in the last few weeks not months ago. There are players, like myself again who do try and populate the server. You can see why people don't really care about the server anymore when even our own staff ignore my pm's or brush off my pm's on steam when asking people to join the server...you included Eddy (hate to name and shame).

If this is the case and the community doesn't really care about the server, which is a massive shame, I feel there should be a public forum wide vote as to whether or not we should keep ZE (not a stupid poll like this) something that the entire community can be a part of, and discuss PROPERLY other alternatives.

I love the server but if it is dead in the water we do need to consider changing, because those of us who don't play JB or WC3 or surf (especially fucking unturned) haven't got anywhere to play anymore.

I don't remember you ever pm'ing about anything related to ZE, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

As far as the server crashing, we can't do much unless people report it to us, I'm not saying you didn't tell someone, but the best way to report a server crash is by making a thread in the complaint department or PM's to staff, this assures that multiple staff members can see that the server has a technical problem. As soon as I regain access to the servers I'll try to go through the logs and see if I can find this crash you are speaking of.

In the past 3 months you have connected to ZE 3 times, I'm not quite sure how much populating you can do in those 3 connections, but this is generally the problem with most of the sG members that "populate" any server, they connect very few times and when few people join they throw their hands up and say "well I did my part", if the community truly wants this server to succeed and have a large population, the community needs to put in more of an effort into making that happen.

Now I'm not saying staff aren't to blame for the server dying, we let the server continue to have technical issues when multiple people were reporting these issues to us, but right now the server needs more than just a staff member, it needs a community willing to play and populate it.

I don't remember you ever pm'ing about anything related to ZE, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

As far as the server crashing, we can't do much unless people report it to us, I'm not saying you didn't tell someone, but the best way to report a server crash is by making a thread in the complaint department or PM's to staff, this assures that multiple staff members can see that the server has a technical problem. As soon as I regain access to the servers I'll try to go through the logs and see if I can find this crash you are speaking of.

In the past 3 months you have connected to ZE 3 times, I'm not quite sure how much populating you can do in those 3 connections, but this is generally the problem with most of the sG members that "populate" any server, they connect very few times and when few people join they throw their hands up and say "well I did my part", if the community truly wants this server to succeed and have a large population, the community needs to put in more of an effort into making that happen.

Now I'm not saying staff aren't to blame for the server dying, we let the server continue to have technical issues when multiple people were reporting these issues to us, but right now the server needs more than just a staff member, it needs a community willing to play and populate it.

I've pm'd you and every staff member I have on my friends list plenty of times asking you to 'populate ze go' when I'm on. As for bringing out how many connections I've had to the server is irrelevant (and actually pretty fucking insulting that you just went to do that for the case of an argument) considering the main reason I stepped down as SO is because I didn't have time to be on the servers any more... the only times I'm on CSGO are when I'm on the ZE server, you can sympathize I'm sure with the fact that if my pleas for population are completely ignored by except maybe 2 people, I'm going to be a tad reluctant to continue trying...I'm not a fan of banging my head against a brick wall.

Can you please address the part of my last response that was moving in a direction as to changing the server as there is nothing being done with this one.

I agree the community as a whole needs to do something, but funnily enough there a select few of us (staff) who can inspire any of us to do anything as a community...As you've said, there is no dedicated staff for ze nor is there anybody willing to pick up the slack. If this is truly the case, let the community as a whole decide on where to go and then you guys, as our staff push us to get the server populate as opposed to sitting back and saying every now and then "if people don't continuously join then it's not going to work is it" 

I'm not complaining that you aren't doing your jobs correctly, that's the last thing I'm saying, I just feel like when it comes to our csgo servers (except JB, gay) not a lot is really done to make the community rally together like we used to.

I was speaking to Shadow on steam earlier, who was correct in saying, this is pretty much a JB community now...there are so many of us that find that mod beyond unplayable that I think it's a bit of a shame we haven't been able to have a proper discussion about a mod that could potentially bring another side to the community...as opposed to being flooded by JB faggots all day every day. 

Edited by Rayne

Can you please address the part of my last response that was moving in a direction as to changing the server as there is nothing being done with this one.

I agree the community as a whole needs to do something, but funnily enough there a select few of us (staff) who can inspire any of us to do anything as a community...As you've said, there is no dedicated staff for ze nor is there anybody willing to pick up the slack. If this is truly the case, let the community as a whole decide on where to go and then you guys, as our staff push us to get the server populate as opposed to sitting back and saying every now and then "if people don't continuously join then it's not going to work is it" 

I'm not complaining that you aren't doing your jobs correctly, that's the last thing I'm saying, I just feel like when it comes to our csgo servers (except JB, gay) not a lot is really done to make the community rally together like we used to.

I was speaking to Shadow on steam earlier, who was correct in saying, this is pretty much a JB community now...there are so many of us that find that mod beyond unplayable that I think it's a bit of a shame we haven't been able to have a proper discussion about a mod that could potentially bring another side to the community...as opposed to being flooded by JB faggots all day every day. 

I mean as it stands ZE won't be deleted any time soon, there is no benefit to deleting the server and the only reason we would ever delete a server is if deleting it would provide us some sort of benefit.

As far as any future servers are concerned, I can't really speak too much about any of that, not because we have something in the making and we're keeping it a secret, but because any new server we set up depends on whether or not someone on staff is willing to invest his time into setting up that server. I wouldn't mind setting up an actual thread where the community can vote and voice their opinion on any new servers we set up, but that server would need someone willing to maintain the technical side of things and I don't see anyone on staff that is willing to invest that amount of time.

I mean as it stands ZE won't be deleted any time soon, there is no benefit to deleting the server and the only reason we would ever delete a server is if deleting it would provide us some sort of benefit.

As far as any future servers are concerned, I can't really speak too much about any of that, not because we have something in the making and we're keeping it a secret, but because any new server we set up depends on whether or not someone on staff is willing to invest his time into setting up that server. I wouldn't mind setting up an actual thread where the community can vote and voice their opinion on any new servers we set up, but that server would need someone willing to maintain the technical side of things and I don't see anyone on staff that is willing to invest that amount of time.

poosy

We have 0 SO's for the server, so if you guys are truly going to start putting an effort into populating the server, let me see some playtime and some operation "populate ZE GO!" and I'll shoot you guys an SO position. (this goes for pretty much everyone)

I'll also add you as an officer to the ZE group, so you can start sending out invites to everyone in the group.

Daily got Mako back on the server, he went and joined another ZE server and waited for the server to switch to Mako, then he gave me the map file. If you guys want any other maps I would suggest you do the same, if you have a map that you would like added to the server shoot me a pm and I'll add it ASAP.

I would love to see ZE over populated and beating JB in pop. Honestly, spam the fuck out your friends list, get as many sG in and have everyone invite friends. That's what randy and fire fighter did and it worked. I'll PPP on every now and then to help, let's bring it back!

Eddy. i am still here.

you say this SO's stepped down or stopped playing because they didn't have any desire to put in all the work and time it would take to get the server populated again, trucka also left staff because he lacked the desire and the time to repopulate the server again.

yea i step down, the reason was i can not do all the work alone, i try all, but was alone. sometimes i was online for 2 hours whit 0 players, just try to get pp in to our servers, that was my reason to leave my SO spot, sorry

Edited by Firefighter_DK