Sign in to follow this  
Someone took my name

Hammer World Editor Help

Hello. So there was a cool little easter egg on one of the JB maps and I wanted to find out how it was done. I was going to open the map, ba_ace_jail_v3g in Hammer, but whenever I try it fails and says program not responding. I am using the file for the map located in  Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps. Can anyone help me out with this? Am I using the wrong file? Also tried opening it with the server file (One you download and put into the server map roation). Still nothing.

The source file is a vmf. It is opened and used by hammer. It is then compiled into a bsp, with lighting information calculated and such.

There are ways to decompile a bsp back into a vmf which you can then open in hammer. I believe I or someone else wrote a tutorial on this in our tutorials section

Ok so I opened it up got it all, and started searching for the dragon thingy. I found it and looked for its triggers etc, coming across a trigger that says: Command| say @Release the dragon! which i assumed triggers he spawning of the dragon, the movement, and the negev spawning. When we tried in game nothing happened. We tried ct chat, console, normal chat, death chat, and with admins trying. Any clues?

Ok so I opened it up got it all, and started searching for the dragon thingy. I found it and looked for its triggers etc, coming across a trigger that says: Command| say @Release the dragon! which i assumed triggers he spawning of the dragon, the movement, and the negev spawning. When we tried in game nothing happened. We tried ct chat, console, normal chat, death chat, and with admins trying. Any clues?

That is a trigger that says "Release the dragon!" when it is activated. It is not a trigger that is activated when that is said.

Look for whatever triggers that.

The Dragon is triggered randomly at the start of the round. There isn't a way to trigger it other than that.

This. I found it pretty quickly with the entity report menu and noticed that the Dragon is triggered on a 1/16 chance at the start of the round by a logic_case with a "startforward" input. I don't think it's possible to forcibly activate it ingame through the console since the dragon itself isn't activated through a console command.

If you want to see it for yourself in Hammer, just use the entity report menu to find the logic_relay named loto_rdragon. All the commands relevant to the dragon are right there.