Sign in to follow this  
MOFLSTOMP

Wheel suggestions

Hokay, so I need to pick up a second set of tires + wheels once I get the car. The tires are probably going to be Michelin XI3 snow tires, but I'm not sure what I want to do for wheels. I'm eying the Enkei GW8 and will likely repaint the red accent blue to match the car, but I feel like it might look rice-y. Any suggestions on wheels that won't make my wallet want to kill itself? Looking for black with a blue accent, but black will also do. Chrome can piss off. *coughSKOTTIcough*

enkei_gw8_large.png

Post a pic of the car, so we have a template. Also, do you really need snow tires in the summer?

edit: I just remembered you're getting a BRZ, those rims are ricey.. the stock ones are forged aluminum which is good

Edited by Freekiller #3

those wheels are ugly as shit imo i would never put something like that on a subaru let alone brz

edit ; you could go for a nice set of Konigs ;) they are usually nice and not too expensive id imagine

Edited by Seabagz

Post a pic of the car, so we have a template. Also, do you really need snow tires in the summer?

edit: I just remembered you're getting a BRZ, those rims are ricey.. the stock ones are forged aluminum which is good

Dealership is throwing in summer tires with the stock rims, and they're letting me order a set of aftermarket wheels and snow tires as a tack-on for the total invoice, that way I'm ready for when the weather gets hairy.

^ i would not put that on a brz no way 

SS8ab1I.jpg

come on you know you want that gold bbs life tho

either that or u could get like a 6 star 

7DbV2Vt.jpg

volk racing te37s 

dip that in blue or white and youre set

^ i would not put that on a brz no way 

SS8ab1I.jpg

come on you know you want that gold bbs life tho

either that or u could get like a 6 star 

7DbV2Vt.jpg

volk racing te37s 

dip that in blue or white and youre set

those BBS look too old for a modern BRZ

The other one would be better for a 350Z / Skyline.

those wheels are ugly as shit imo i would never put something like that on a subaru let alone brz

edit ; you could go for a nice set of Konigs ;) they are usually nice and not too expensive id imagine

Posting on my phone, but I'm probably going to grab a set of Koenig Illusion 17's with the blue trim on the spokes. Can't post a pic, but me likely.

If it was me I would use the stock wheels for winter and aftermarkets for summer.

In titan matt http://www.bbs.com/index.php?id=sv

and did you get manual?

or these, http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Enkei+Racing&wheelModel=RS05RR&wheelFinish=Matte+Dark+Gunmetallic&tab=wheels

Edited by HurFFiNatEr010

If it was me I would use the stock wheels for winter and aftermarkets for summer.

In titan matt http://www.bbs.com/index.php?id=sv

and did you get manual?

or these, http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Enkei+Racing&wheelModel=RS05RR&wheelFinish=Matte+Dark+Gunmetallic&tab=wheels

Automatic, love those paddle shifters too much. And I might see if somebody can shop the enkei GW8 and the Konig Illusions onto a BRZ to see what I'd like more. Thank you seabagz for the recommendation

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, makes a fun car boring 

You are seventeen. You cannot afford a fun car or drive during the fun times of the night. Please come back when you are older and try again.

your right you got me good, this isn't fun to drive at all. And sure as hell wouldn't whoop your brz. Continue to be a women and drive automatic sports cars.

ifQysww.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

your right you got me good, this isn't fun to drive at all. And sure as hell wouldnt whoop your brz. Continue to be a women and drive automatic sports cars.

*pic snip*

Because I like the feel of paddle shifters, I'm a woman? I have no problem with manual, I would just rather use paddles

Spending the extra money on a "sports car" just to have an automatic transmission just seems stupid to me. Women tend to drive automatic sports cars, hence the women comment.

Somebody translate this into English please. All I can comprehend is "I'm Hurff and I'm a narrow-minded faggot"

Spending the extra money on a "sports car" just to have an automatic transmission just seems stupid to me. Women tend to drive automatic sports cars, hence the women comment.

You could claim a manual is faster, though most automatics will outshift any manual these days, you get a few more mph on the verrrrrry top end, who cares. You could say you get better MPG, but anybody with a sports car in manual can't keep their foot off the peddle long enough for that to ever become true. Modern automatics need less servicing, and don't burn through clutches. You still get a sports car feel with paddle shifters when you want, but retains it's daily drivability over a manual car. You never have to worry about loaning your car to your girlfriend to drive and having her destroy your clutch.

All that being said i have a manual truck and two motorcycles, soooooo.... But I think the truck would honestly be nicer in automatic.

EDIT: AS FOR THE RIMS

Stock it up, the stock rims are well made and don't look half bad. Save the money and get actual performance oriented mods. Say a new 3' exhaust so you can begin to start tuning it.

Edited by DrKhanMD

Here I am! 

Don't spend money on nice wheels for winter. Either get some snow tires for your current wheels, or buy a steel set and put some snow tires on there.

Nothing sucks more than spending $1200 on wheels and tires and you slide into a curb snapping them in half. 

That's my 2 cents.

Tirerack.com has always treated me nice and if you buy wheels and tires, they will mount them. 

PS: I recommend Pirelli all seasons. Flippin amazing.

You're kidding right? Nearly all supercars now a days are automatic. They mostly all use twin clutch transmissions. It cuts out human error and shifts a lot faster. I've got the DSG transmission in my GTI and love it. Shifting snaps into place, reducing turbo lag and removing human error from the process. i.e. shifting into 2nd at 80MPH and causing engine to 'splode.

Don't get me wrong though, manuals are fun.