Sign in to follow this  
Groov

Any Protein Powder Recommendations?

My local walmart stopped stocking the whey brand that I normally buy and I dont like their other shit. Does anyone use any protein powder that they would recommend? All suggestions would be appreciated.

My local walmart stopped stocking the whey brand that I normally buy and I dont like their other shit. Does anyone use any protein powder that they would recommend? All suggestions would be appreciated.

just drink the blood of your fallen foes, that will give you all the protein you need.

I had PhD Protien and that shit was delicious and pretty good in general. Now I have stuff from bulk powders which is cheaper and probably just as good but idk if you have it in murica

whey protein

I generally don't purchase from that site, but it is pretty solid for reviews and as a general protein catalog to sift through. If you're looking for cost efficient whey iso, optimum gold standard is the way to go. If you have a costco membership, they sell 5lb tubs of the stuff for the cheapest you can find. Honestly, as Pebbz said, protein is protein. The only real factors you should look at are cost and taste. That being said, chicken breasts are fucking king. 

After trying many different blends and what not, I've sorta settled on Nu-tek Pro 5 orange 50-50 flavor. It tastes quite good, it blends and dissolves well, it's not pumped full of sugar/carbs *cough* muscle milk *cough*, and has a very good amino profile. Downside is you can't buy it online easily; it's only carried through Nutrishop I believe. Nutrishop is a chain though, so you might have one close to you, dunno. It's also more expensive than some other protein powders, but not ridiculously priced.

Here's a link that shows the Nu-Tek lineup and what the branding/packaging looks like.

http://www.nutrishopwarrington.com/nutek.html

Optimum Nutrition Chocolate

Dissolves great, tastes like chocolate milk (for protein lol), not grainy, decent price, good protein

Edit: Had to neg Muscle Milk sorry Centran lol

Edited by Freekiller #3

Depends if you want to bulk or cut. stick to whey use mass gainers to bulk, lean powders to cut, common sense tbh

isopure if youre rich, muscletech if youre middle class, target brand if your poor. whatever u get just make sure on the amino acid list theres a lot of long words you cant pronounce

Thanks for all of the suggestions, this is the one I usually buy but my local walmart stopped selling it.

44320.png

Looking at Optimum since its a similar price and a lot of people in this thread is suggesting it.

All protein is not created equally for building muscle. Stick with whey because it is cheap and very effective.

Also, shop online you will save money. 

Optimum is a brand you can't go wrong with. Everyone uses their whey protein. If you're looking for a protein power that helps gain weight go for their Serious Mass.

I take musclepharm currently since it taste so good. I just bought 2 5lbs tubs of optimum whey on their recent sale to give it a shot. 

As Shadow said there are different types of protein, just depends what you are using it for.