Sign in to follow this  
yeet

My new bike

First time owning a motorcycle, any advice is welcome. Help a noobie out :P ( I already have all my gear btw)

Just a 08 Ninja 250 with 9k miles and super clean, I know it's not as powerful as a lot of bikes out there but this is my first 

XNc6iUx.jpg KKjD75X.jpg

Welcome to the league! I'd recommend putting some frame sliders on it to start. It probably wont save it from an actual crash, but I dropped my first bike like 6+ times in the parking lot, and frame sliders will definitely help that kinda stuff. Most of those drops were from accidentally leaving it in gear when trying to kickstart it, but that wont be a problem for you with electric start. Love the blue color scheme, and never underestimate a 250. People can talk shit all day, but I still love 250's for their lightness, and fun factor. 

Ride that shit till the wheels fall off.

P.S. to prolong the wheels falling off, I'd recommend looking up what regular maintenance for motorcycles/your motorcycle is if you've never had one before. Certain things have to be serviced that don't apply to cars, so you probably wont think of them. EX: Keeping the chain well oiled and the tension correct on it.

Welcome to the league! I'd recommend putting some frame sliders on it to start. It probably wont save it from an actual crash, but I dropped my first bike like 6+ times in the parking lot, and frame sliders will definitely help that kinda stuff. Most of those drops were from accidentally leaving it in gear when trying to kickstart it, but that wont be a problem for you with electric start. Love the blue color scheme, and never underestimate a 250. People can talk shit all day, but I still love 250's for their lightness, and fun factor. 

Ride that shit till the wheels fall off.

P.S. to prolong the wheels falling off, I'd recommend looking up what regular maintenance for motorcycles/your motorcycle is if you've never had one before. Certain things have to be serviced that don't apply to cars, so you probably wont think of them. EX: Keeping the chain well oiled and the tension correct on it.

t-clocs

look it up!

I meticulously maintain my bike. It runs better than new.

youll get tired of it after a month or 2. and a high possibility that you would want a 600.

Yeah I hear that a lot, I'm eventually going to sell it for around 2300 and save up for one after awhile

Fuckin squid

"youll get tired of it after a month or 2"...... I still ride my damn gopeds I bought/made in highschool and have a blast doing it. Sounds like user error to me.

"youll get tired of it after a month or 2"...... I still ride my damn gopeds I bought/made in highschool and have a blast doing it. Sounds like user error to me.

I ride my new 250 more than the sv. Heh.