Sign in to follow this  
Rayne

Mermaid Footage

I've tried to find as many clips as I can on this, none of the videos I have come across look real in the slightest except for this one.

I'm not going on a whim and saying "Holy shit mermaids exist" but I think this is pretty interesting. Was wondering whether anybody else has come across any information or decent videos on this sort of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iP0Ckx0sMbE

Get's interesting around 35 minutes and after. 

Edited by Rayne

Probably part of the hoax Discovery made. They made two about mermaids and one about the megalodon, later in the day of the release they admitted it was fake. They occasionally make documentaries like that to make people angry and/or laugh.

Edited by Count

It's not real.

If I wanted to read bandwagon opinions I would of stuck to reading the childish comments on YouTube. I'm asking if anybody else has found any information on this, I'm not interested in your inability to comprehend something unknown and disputed by millions. 

^Don't mean to sound rude, for that I apologize, but this is something I am taking an interest in, I'm not interested in whether or not you perceive it to be real. 

EDIT: I also understand a lot of the second video is fake and the scientists were replaced with actors, who have said themselves that a lot of this video wasn't real. I'm talking about the concept, the historical evidence and the constant odd videos, such as the lifeguard sighting, the oil drill video and the submarine video. 

Edited by Rayne

Unfortunately, Rayne, these are nothing but made up.

There had been two special events on Animal Planet about Mermaids. Both episodes were about 2 hours in length, and were acted out like documentaries of a man who discovered mermaids and was trying to reveal it all. The shows were quite amazing, and they do make you think a little, but unfortunately they are false and these videos were created for "evidence" in the shows.

The shows were called Mermaids: The Body Found and Mermaids: The New Evidence.

When the two shows aired, they caused a lot of controversy because people initially thought they were real.

BUT, I would love to believe they exist. =) There is honestly so much unexplored waters and depths we cannot reach to.

Edited by BeauutifulChaos

There had been two special events on Animal Planet about Mermaids. Both episodes were about 2 hours in length, and were acted out like documentaries of a man who discovered mermaids and was trying to reveal it all. The shows were quite amazing, and they do make you think a little, but unfortunately they are false and these videos were created for "evidence" in the shows.

When the two shows aired, they caused a lot of controversy because people initially thought they were real.

BUT, I would love to believe they exist. =) There is honestly so much unexplored waters and depths we cannot reach to.

I understand this and have watched both videos, also doing research on both. I am aware the two in question are completely fake, I am also aware a lot of the other mermaid sighting videos are fake.

Compared to the first video I posted, these are two completely different videos, different people and different testimonials. The image of whatever you comprehend it to be, are the same...they look identical. I've even attempted to slow the videos down to find evidence of possible shoops and I cant. (I understand my abilities to determine a fake is null compared to professionals). The lighting projection is perfect, the glimmer in the eyes which would of reflected the light from the sub is perfect... if it's fake it's a damn good fake. 

That added to the idea's said regarding sightings through out our existence, in different cultures whom had no contact with one another. Has made me believe that something COULD (not is) be there...there are millions of miles of space un explored in the ocean where we can't touch. 

One last part in this, the recordings found weren't faked, that is one of the few parts of the video that wasn't. An experts testimonial on it was below;

When decreasing the speed to one-third the original, Dr. Webster was able to distinguish six different voiceprints and thousands of signifiers, or as we call them, words. The creatures were using language.

Not that hard to believe that we could of evolved in a part of the world that is larger than land... 

EDIT: Something else I just read up on as well;

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration of the United States Department of Commerce wants you to know that mermaids are not real.

Why would they go so far out of their way to flat out deny the existence of something unless they are trying to hide it. Like the concept of continuously denying/bringing up something you are lying about. 

Something is very fishy here and I hope I can find more stuff out past the reaches of google and youtube. 

Edited by Rayne

Oh damn, it IS Animal Planet, my bad. Anyway, some part of me wanted it to be true after watching them.

Oh damn, it IS Animal Planet, my bad. Anyway, some part of me wanted it to be true after watching them.

Animal Planet did make the fake video, but they included a lot of truth's in there which I don't know whether they meant to or not.

For example the Dolphins which help human's catch fish off of the coast of Brazil...they heard the fish into the nets, whilst getting caught themselves. Once the fish are pulled in, the dolphins are released and given a share of the fish by us... These are wild dolphins, we didn't teach them anything, so what did? 

New research has found that just one local group of about 20 dolphins works with the fishermen, while the other local dolphins don't cooperate, finding other sources of food. The researchers aren't sure what separates these groups.
Edited by Rayne

Probably part of the hoax Discovery made. They made two about mermaids and one about the megalodon, later in the day of the release they admitted it was fake. They occasionally make documentaries like that to make people angry and/or laugh.

Never thought that the discovery channel would ever turn into a drama network, but they trolled the hell out of a lot of people with those 'documentaries'.

^

I don't see what makes people want to watch shows like finding bigfoot.

Because every fucking sound that comes out of the forest is apparently made by bigfoot, yet no solid evidence is ever found.

^

I don't see what makes people want to watch shows like finding bigfoot.

Because every fucking sound that comes out of the forest is apparently made by bigfoot, yet no solid evidence is ever found.

Please stop de-railing the thread, I'm asking for more information, I'm not asking about big foot. 

Animal Planet did make the fake video, but they included a lot of truth's in there which I don't know whether they meant to or not.

For example the Dolphins which help human's catch fish off of the coast of Brazil...they heard the fish into the nets, whilst getting caught themselves. Once the fish are pulled in, the dolphins are released and given a share of the fish by us... These are wild dolphins, we didn't teach them anything, so what did? 

Yeah, I know there was some actual research that went on before they were aired, but the information they were looking for wasn't there. Yet, they still discovered things. The excuse Animal Planet and Discovery had was they did the research and didn't find anything worth following, but the seas and oceans are wide, unknown and we've only explored a tiny part of them. Everything is possible!

On 2/19/2014 at 3:30 PM, Count said:

Yeah, I know there was some actual research that went on before they were aired, but the information they were looking for wasn't there. Yet, they still discovered things. The excuse Animal Planet and Discovery had was they did the research and didn't find anything worth following, but the seas and oceans are wide, unknown and we've only explored a tiny part of them. Everything is possible!

I'd started researching them before I'd seen the two videos in question, there has been evidence and ideas and general talk about such things.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that there are no evidence to support a lot of things, yet people blindly believe them...Greek gods for example. In the same time period's people were witnessing and describing Mermaids. For thousands of years people have claimed sightings of Mermaids...sailors even in more present times still claim to see them.

With everything on the table...the fact that the government is down right denying anything is another reason I add to the pile.

Like I said in my original post, I'd like some more information, if anybody has it, to help with my research into this. 

Edited by Rayne

If I wanted to read bandwagon opinions I would of stuck to reading the childish comments on YouTube. I'm asking if anybody else has found any information on this, I'm not interested in your inability to comprehend something unknown and disputed by millions. 

^Don't mean to sound rude, for that I apologize, but this is something I am taking an interest in, I'm not interested in whether or not you perceive it to be real. 

EDIT: I also understand a lot of the second video is fake and the scientists were replaced with actors, who have said themselves that a lot of this video wasn't real. I'm talking about the concept, the historical evidence and the constant odd videos, such as the lifeguard sighting, the oil drill video and the submarine video. 

You're contradicting yourself. If you read this entire post again you'll see how absolutely stupid you sound. If you understand this is fake there would be no reason to disagree with me at all. Sure it may be interesting, but fake, regardless. Therefore you're wasting your time investing interest in something you already know isn't real.

If you provide ACTUAL EVIDENCE maybe then I would see your point in creating this thread. But this is just absolutely retarded.

You're contradicting yourself. If you read this entire post again you'll see how absolutely stupid you sound. If you understand this is fake there would be no reason to disagree with me at all. Sure it may be interesting, but fake, regardless. Therefore you're wasting your time investing interest in something you already know isn't real.

If you provide ACTUAL EVIDENCE maybe then I would see your point in creating this thread. But this is just absolutely retarded.

I said and stated the video was fake, and that I didn't post this thread to hear people said it's fake.

I'm not basing my point on this video, if you had read my posts you dumb ass. By saying all of this without reading half of what I've written, you are proving your own stupidity not mine.

ALSO, I'm asking for information from people for myself, I'm not creating this thread trying to justify mermaids existence, you absolute dumb ass. 

You're presence in this thread, as always, is pointless. 

Goldentongue you are a retard, nothing and nobody can change that. Go find a stick thin size 6 to satisfy your lusts...oh wait you're an average guy who looks like a troll. Enjoy a fatty!

Not had a good rage in a while, that was fun. Back to mermaids? 

EDIT: Golden see PM please. 

Edited by Rayne

PM:

EDIT: Golden see PM please.

PM:

Can you kindly stop jumping into my threads because you took my joke in that 'fatty' thread seriously.

I don't need somebody down repping my threads for no reason and hijacking them because you have a dislike for me based on a joke.

I have nothing against you and I'd prefer to keep it that way, I'm not here to make enemies and to cause fights. Kindly accept the truce and let's not turn every situation into a troll war.

No. Your choice to make your life shitty with your chubby white trash gf and your tribal arm tattoos is your choice, but when you spread idiotic misinformation like this I'm going to call you out on it along with everyone else who thinks you're a dumbass.

PM:

No. Your choice to make your life shitty with your chubby white trash gf and your tribal arm tattoos is your choice, but when you spread idiotic misinformation like this I'm going to call you out on it along with everyone else who thinks you're a dumbass.

Thank you for proving my point once again. Now everybody can see you are a prick in every way shape and form. I offer an olive branch to stop pointless trolling, and you continue to troll.

Again, spreading misinformation... I'm trying to gather information for my own use, you absolute mug. 

Bannana I've not said anybodies opinion is stupid, I said I didn't want to hear people telling me things are fake. I'm attempting to gather information and as always, this community doesn't read, jumps to conclusions and destroys a perfectly good discussion thread.

Hats off to all of you, again. 

Edited by Rayne

The whole reason behind this thread is the same for why space-based Science Fiction is so popular: The ocean is vast, deep, mysterious, and fucking marvelous. It's nice to imagine all of the history that has grown in the waters. There is so much that is unknown, and so much that we're hoping truly does exist.

Yeh, the videos are fake, but who gives a shit? They made it, whatever. In the end, it's just a part of the wonder that is our Earth. People can believe what they want. If they choose to live their life believing that mermaids exist, then who are we to give a damn? Just look at Christianity.

Although, this whole thing raises the idea that, if the concept of humanoid mer-creatures exists, then the design must have been influenced by nature, so far back then. Just take a look at all Germanic folklore. What if these concepts aren't just designs from the minds of those before us? What if they are the telling of history? I mean, history in and of itself is all about trust in the documents which are left over from times passed. There is always the aspect of, "Was this written to exonerate X? Was this written to glorify Y? What if this little, rock statue is just meant to scare the people back then? Are these toys?"

The times don't ever change when it comes to this stuff, and they may always be influenced by the discoveries of their era. In the end it all boils down to what you want to believe, what you want to pursue, and what you will discover. People are going to believe this mermaid stuff for their own reasons: They may well be very hopeful; They may just be absorbing whatever the media are showing; They may well just be ignorant. In any case, all it means is the fascination still exists and won't disappear until we've finally learned all we can, and kaijus sprout from the ocean floor.

"What is a scientist after all? It is a curious man looking through a keyhole, the keyhole of nature, trying to know what’s going on."

— Jacques Cousteau, 1971