Sign in to follow this  
Swed

[Suggestion] List of Expertises

This has probably been suggested before, but would it be possible to add a list of expertises either to the forums in a sticky post or as an option in the war3menu? The general thing about expertises is that there is no central source for all of them, what level they require, what they do. I was wondering about the difficulty of just going through all the races now and copying all the expertises down into a post on this forum or as part of raceinfo or a completely different section of war3menu. 

EDIT: http://www.joinsg.net/topic/46877-list-of-expertise/?hl=%2Blist+%2Bexpertises#entry622804

I found this thread from two years ago, and the reasons it presented were because you were supposed to discover them on your own. Is there anything beyond that? Because if so I find it kind of silly. Rather than being hit or miss, it should be another set of goals for dedicated war3 players who have maxed most to everything out, or a goal for those who have a few favorite races.

Edited by Ellie Goulding

the fun thing about expertises are the discovery of them upon playing a race you enjoy playing. expertises are already spread like wild fire through word of mouth on the server. I am in complete disagreement with a list of expertises displayed on the forums. 

is there any rule that prevents me from posting the expertises i know here? because honestly, we could just do that. i dont see whats wrong with it - if the community wants to do it, then they can (assuming i wont be banned/get post deleted)

the fun thing about expertises are the discovery of them upon playing a race you enjoy playing. expertises are already spread like wild fire through word of mouth on the server. I am in complete disagreement with a list of expertises displayed on the forums. 

i dont think listing specific abilities or levels is needed, but a list of races that have expertises would be useful.

I guess I'll quote it again because clearly you didn't read the point

i think that it would be more fun to have a list and that way people know which class they can put their tomes into if they want to go for an expertise. it encourages playing after maxing 100%

The whole point of expertises, at least as I see it, is a reward for leveling up a race for a long time. Something you get for appreciating a race you play. When you make expertises public, you take away that from them, and essentially just add another skill to the race. Now you may say, people already know about most expertises by word of mouth, so we might as well make a list. The way I see it, the discoverers have the right to either keep the expertise to them self or share it with other people.

ok, and i would ask, would it be wrong as someone who discovered them to share my knowledge?

my point is as follows: if expertise gets known about eventually by someone who plays enough to care about expertise, what's the harm in making a list of races that have expertise? that allows players who might not normally play as much to go for one on their favorite race.

in other words, someone that plays enough to discover an expertise is not going to care about a list - they already have heard about them from word of mouth. on the other hand, someone who might not play enough to get an expertise, but likes a specific race enough to play more if they knew about the expertise, might be inclined to stay on more often if had a list  that showed them that.

so i dont see the harm in a list, honestly. those of us that are regulars for long enough know the more widely-known expertises. the ones that arent revealed in-game are the ones that wont show up on a list, because its up to the discoverer to out it. all a list would do is document the ones that are already spoken about regularly on the server.

lol that's fucking stupid