Sign in to follow this  
centran

Gnat 2.0 - The deadly gnat!

Maybe we can re-look into this without the bash as i think that just pushes the annoyance level of this race over the top. Not sure how to handle it but I like the idea of having less of a chance to disarm a pistol and then less of a chance once they are down to a knife to put them into a "vunerable" state where the gnat deals out more damage then just a couple HP. As to what that vunerable state is IDK.

I guess I could just throw up a message and timer saying so and so is vunerable to a gnat attack but I would rather have something physical happen to the victim if they get fully disarmed. Perhaps a slow? That seems like it might be fairer then a bash.

Edited by centran

This race has no place on the server. I love you Centran but this race is nothing but feeding trolls people go 0 and 38 and just laugh at how much they are just annoying the other team.If that is your idea of a "good race" I am going to have to argue with you.

I can't even write a post in one run without making myself sound super angry anymore lol, but I'll try. You're missing the point of it all. The race does not need to have killing power, despite what a few people say. The race does not need to have any little extras, or the ability to put people in a vulnerable state. The race, as annoying and out of place as it was, was honestly fine in my book. It was annoying and hard to kill, but couldn't do much else outside of disarming frequently. It was never meant to get kills, and I am sure you, as the one who conceived it, also had this in mind. Revert it back and leave it be. It doesn't need anything else. Personally, I'd love to see it removed and never brought back again, but I know that because some people like it and you obviously have some desire to keep your work on the server, it's not going to happen.

you cant make a race that makes everyone happy, as a devoted gnat user, i could talk shit about dreadknight for a long time hoping this race would be removed because it spoils the funs of all knife race users.

i could talk shit about dreadknight

Dreadknight is like the final stand before rage quitting, it is literally the only thing someone who isn't a headshot machine that someone can turn to when a good Sensei is on. It's pretty much the anti-grief race, as IMO the only races that have ever truly caused grief in this server have been knife races (Fyndhorn counts as a knife race).

you cant make a race that makes everyone happy, as a devoted gnat user, i could talk shit about dreadknight for a long time hoping this race would be removed because it spoils the funs of all knife race users.

teach me how to logic

I think it's knife races that are cancer to the server, especially the more recent ones (Savage, Golden-Tail, Gnat) whereas the earlier ones were actually okay (Flame Predator, Human lawnmower, Goliath, etc).

Dreadknight is the only thing I really have to go to to kill someone flying around the map non-stop as a Golden-Tail, and I'm not even having fun on Dreadknight...I'm just making sure my team can actually kill the Golden-Tail.

Edited by Flt. Lt. Space Bugs

Maybe we can re-look into this without the bash as i think that just pushes the annoyance level of this race over the top. Not sure how to handle it but I like the idea of having less of a chance to disarm a pistol and then less of a chance once they are down to a knife to put them into a "vunerable" state where the gnat deals out more damage then just a couple HP. As to what that vunerable state is IDK.

I guess I could just throw up a message and timer saying so and so is vunerable to a gnat attack but I would rather have something physical happen to the victim if they get fully disarmed. Perhaps a slow? That seems like it might be fairer then a bash.

Maybe we can listen to the community and just get the races removed. I think that would work nicely and be easier than constantly tweaking

/>

This race is fucking garbage, I'm sorry I tried to say it had a place on the server. Fuck this race for the love of tyranny remove it.

Hahahahaha

i second jiyeon's thoughts. centran's tone in that post seems to be trolling, and thus far a bunch of his "releases" have basically fucked with game balance ridiculously.

please be more conscious of balance when releasing your content, otherwise, don't release it at all.

Somebody changed their tune!

Another little additional comment, if this race is staying, please remove it's ability to defuse the bomb and capture hostages.

A round over in 30 seconds and no way of killing a bomb defuser is not a fair way to finish or start a round. 

I think it's knife races that are cancer to the server, especially the more recent ones (Savage, Golden-Tail, Gnat) whereas the earlier ones were actually okay (Flame Predator, Human lawnmower, Goliath, etc).

Savage and Golden-Tail are hardly recent knife races compared to Lawnmower and Goliath. I'm well aware that this is beyond the point, but after you changed my team to Terrorist I hate you. 

Edited by Rayne

Please remove this race along with Decoy and the music one, I'm really tired of having to deal with this server bitching about these races, I literally can't play without being told to remove these races.

Also I hate Gnat because fuck that race.

What are the complaints you are getting with the music races?

As for gnat if it is the same two people always bitching then learn to ignore them. Children need to learn that they don't get what they want by being loud and obnoxious.

I will look into limiting the speed while carrying a hostage and putting back in the lesser chance to disarm a pistol.

I will look into limiting the speed while carrying a hostage and putting back in the lesser chance to disarm a pistol.

Coolness already handled the hostage speed.

removing ability to defuse? lolwut? Gnat is like any other race, its standing still and totally vulnerable during defuse like any other race, otherwise Infected should not be allowed to defuse either as it's tougher to kill than gnat and actually more Deadly. as for hostage rescue the running speed has been fixed as mentionned, now if only people would stop bitching....nah nevermind actually i love when people bitch about me using gnat, it's what make this race worthy to play with after all : annoying ppl!

removing ability to defuse? lolwut? Gnat is like any other race, its standing still and totally vulnerable during defuse like any other race, otherwise Infected should not be allowed to defuse either as it's tougher to kill than gnat and actually more Deadly. as for hostage rescue the running speed has been fixed as mentionned, now if only people would stop bitching....nah nevermind actually i love when people bitch about me using gnat, it's what make this race worthy to play with after all : annoying ppl!

This right here is the exact reason it needs to be removed. The only reason this race is used, is to troll the server. Just delete the fucking thing and stop all of the arguments surrounding it. 

Centran it is NOT two people moaning about it, every time I'm on now, and there is a Gnat, everybody is moaning about it. 

Bad race is bad, just remove it. The vote to get rid was positive, as was the in server vote to remove it. REMOVE THE FUCKING THING.

Yeah dont remove this race

Cuz this race lets me bitch at kwijibo xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tumblr_m5zshcEZlF1rxhburo1_500.gif

Edited by Rayne