Sign in to follow this  
MrCoolness

The Gnat, should it stay or should it go?

Race: The Gnat  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Keep it or remove it?

• Keep it
    • Remove it

Are you the vex that when ranger of the woods was released (pre nerf) said that it was an "ok" race at best? If so Your voice is pretty god damn worthless.

Love this response ^

Also, just to add one last point. Yiyas was the race coder for the older WCS server, he stepped into the server what, once a fortnight, if that. Yet he knew what races worked, how to balance them, and how 'reading' peoples opinion helped him balance the server better.

You DO NOT need to play the server to understand the mod and what does and doesn't work.

EDIT: You probably have no idea who Yiyas is because you've been playing for a whole 6 months, jesus I envy your opinion in a mod I know so well. 

Edited by Rayne

to wintergreen:

i dont remember saying that, but when i initially played ranger, it was a very strong class. it still is. so im not sure where ur coming from on that.

THERE"S SOME STUPID MOTHER FUCKER SOMEWHERE WITH VEX IN HIS NAME.

THERE"S SOME STUPID MOTHER FUCKER SOMEWHERE WITH VEX IN HIS NAME.

There is Vexer as well, but this guy is pretty damn stupid also so it wouldn't surprise me. 

wintergreen, i might have said that ranger is an "ok" race in the sense that it isnt very different. its a hybrid race with abilities from other races, fmpov. its still a little op, too.

rayne, i don't really care who your past coders for war3 are and what they could/couldn't do. im sure even your Yiyas would join his dev server to play a race if it needed careful analysis on balancing. not doing so is limiting your firsthand knowledge of what the race can do. it's basic science.

no you don't need to play the mod to understand it, assuming you know it well enough. but it helps, and for a critical discussion on a race's theme, id say it is necessary. if your Yiyas decided not to bother, id look down upon him for it, because it means he doesnt have the whole conception of the issue at hand, such as yourself currently.

that being said, let me add that ive played cs since beta, and ive probably got more experience playing wcs/war3/superhero mod than the vast majority of players in sG or on CSGO in general. but keep touting your past experience, it clearly supports your veteran argument so well.

Edited by Vexium

wintergreen, i might have said that ranger is an "ok" race in the sense that it isnt very different. its a hybrid race with abilities from other races, fmpov. its still a little op, too.

Nonono, whoever it was we were arguing over how strong the race was. It was on dolls. I remember Bink and I making fun of whoever it was because good lord Ranger was/is a best of a race.

i am vex on the server, but i dont remember talking about ranger being weak, unless it was in comparison to wizard. i do remember saying i didnt really like playing the race and thought it was just ok. never thought it was bad, though. you might have misunderstood me, or i was yelling random things. my opinion has changed on ranger, though. its fun in the right situations. still not one of my favorites, though.

Edited by Vexium

OK, stop bitching at each other and contiune to bitch about the race!

What do you guys think of the compromises I listed? I personaly am liking the chance to bash to players with a knife out and then increased damage to bashed players but worry about it being too OP. The disarming percent would of course be lowered and to disarm a pistol will be even lower. This will return the idea of the race disarming and the opponent going "oh sit, my gun" then scrambling to find it. Right now It has turned into the gnat disarming, the opponent saying, "fuck it!" and pulling out the knife so they don't get disarmed, then the gnat running away. I want a reason for the gnat to stick around. If they can get an opponent down to a knife and get the player bashed then they should be able to do some damage. This will also give the gnat a chance to kill which seems to be a major complaint about the gnat.

Lmao rayne getting upset :D

I just cant help myself, people need telling sometimes. 

OK, stop bitching at each other and contiune to bitch about the race!

What do you guys think of the compromises I listed? I personaly am liking the chance to bash to players with a knife out and then increased damage to bashed players but worry about it being too OP. The disarming percent would of course be lowered and to disarm a pistol will be even lower. This will return the idea of the race disarming and the opponent going "oh sit, my gun" then scrambling to find it. Right now It has turned into the gnat disarming, the opponent saying, "fuck it!" and pulling out the knife so they don't get disarmed, then the gnat running away. I want a reason for the gnat to stick around. If they can get an opponent down to a knife and get the player bashed then they should be able to do some damage. This will also give the gnat a chance to kill which seems to be a major complaint about the gnat.

Sounds good. 

Love this response ^

Also, just to add one last point. Yiyas was the race coder for the older WCS server, he stepped into the server what, once a fortnight, if that. Yet he knew what races worked, how to balance them, and how 'reading' peoples opinion helped him balance the server better.

You DO NOT need to play the server to understand the mod and what does and doesn't work.

EDIT: You probably have no idea who Yiyas is because you've been playing for a whole 6 months, jesus I envy your opinion in a mod I know so well. 

Yiyas was actually really active both before he was ENG and at the beginning of his ENG tenure. Then he kind of peaced Polis/Kai-style.

rayne you don't even play on sg servers

Well...I do, so that was a good statement, also way to pick up on the most invalid point of the thread!

Centran I liked the final idea you came up with? Test and see reactions? 

point point point point point point point point point point point point point point point point point point point point point point point 

seems like you have a thing for points

rayne omg you don't even play servers pls

looks like a lot of ppl likes to shit on gnat, well you guys says that discussion here reveals that ppl hates gnat, yet all i see are the same 3-4 guys spamming the thread , the votes are roughly 50/50, so if youre saying that it means that quite a lot of people hates it, a lot of people likes it too (thats 50/50 for fuck's sake, learn2maths!)

i love gnat, gnat is awesome, if buffing or nerfing it annoys people (annoying is the gnat, job after all, if it annoys you that much, it means that it filled it's role properly), we should fix the matter in an expertise. Gnat will be Meh untill someone actually invest enough time to make it good (expertise such as increased dmg expertise according on lvl (+1 dmg every 3 lvls until a cap of XX damage (to be debated because we dont want expertised gnat to be overkill either)

looks like a lot of ppl likes to shit on gnat, well you guys says that discussion here reveals that ppl hates gnat, yet all i see are the same 3-4 guys spamming the thread , the votes are roughly 50/50, so if youre saying that it means that quite a lot of people hates it, a lot of people likes it too (thats 50/50 for fuck's sake, learn2maths!)

i love gnat, gnat is awesome, if buffing or nerfing it annoys people (annoying is the gnat, job after all, if it annoys you that much, it means that it filled it's role properly), we should fix the matter in an expertise. Gnat will be Meh untill someone actually invest enough time to make it good (expertise such as increased dmg expertise according on lvl (+1 dmg every 3 lvls until a cap of XX damage (to be debated because we dont want expertised gnat to be overkill either)

50/50 is a LOT of negativity for a race. For reference, put up any other racevote on the forums and I doubt you'd get more than 25% voting to remove on a race unless it was trolling.

I'm going to code a race called rayne, but you can't play it, it requires you to never log in. <br /><br />Just kidding :P

I'm going to code a race called rayne, but you can't play it, it requires you to never log in. <br /><br />Just kidding :P

You shit! I've logged almost 8 hours in the past two days now haha...I'm back bitch! 

To Kwijibo: The fact that it is 50/50 is awful, you can't have 50% of people not wanting the race on the server, it just means the race is more of a hindrance than a help. I don't even understand why people would want to play it, the amount of times I've now seen a Gnat 1v1 with a bomb defuser, they can't do anything? 

I personally do not see the point in the race unless the only goal was to piss off a lot of people, not in a good way. I enjoy a rage more than anybody, but fuck me if I lose my gun when I'm struggling for money again, Imma kick off.