Sign in to follow this  
MrCoolness

The Gnat, should it stay or should it go?

Race: The Gnat  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Keep it or remove it?

• Keep it
    • Remove it

Just wanted to know what you guys think of this race. If you haven't played it or don't know what it does I'll list the skills below here so you can decide for yourself

Race: The Gnat

[Knife Only]

***Does only 1 damage per hit***

Siwftness: Move at 125-225% regular movement speed

Durability: Grants 25-100 bonus health

Flight: Grants 20-50% lower gravity

Annoy: 15-55% chance to disarm the enemy

Evade: 15-55% evasion

Invis: Become 20-80% invisible

Hyper: attack 1.2-1.8 times faster

Personally I don't like the idea of a race that's simply there to annoy the enemy team. I can clearly see it's usefulness with its fast speed, high health and evasion and disarm, but I don't think it belongs.

Share your thoughts with a post as to why you think it should stay or should not stay.

E.g. "I voted it should stay because it's not a game-breaking race, and comes in useful when you coordinate with a teammate"

or

E.g. "I voted it should go because it always makes me lose my weapon every single round and *%@#(*&@()*#&&(%&@& (%()*&@$*&!@($&^%) &)(#&%)(#%&)(!_*%_)*"

imagine 200 health human lawnmower with 55% evasion invisibility and disarm. Its fucking retardedly op

it does 1 damage....

nothing like human lawnmover

It's easily counter-able, and anyone with good aim can take it down with relative ease. It's a matter of planning for it.

I say it should stay. It adds a new level of gameplay to the server that is really enjoyable, and frankly it doesn't hamper the general tactics.

As is, there are just so many options to take out a knife class such that Gnat doesn't pose much of a threat at all when planned for.

What makes it fun is when they aren't planning for it.

That being said, I think the minimum level for Gnat should be >2000. It's a strong support race in the right hands, and I don't think we need to see Gnats being played 24/7 as they are now due to the level 50 requirement.

Also I think the evasion could be nerfed to somewhere in 60-75%. 80% is unnecessarily high, imo. Highest race currently is Wisp with 40%.

Edited by Vexium

It's a support class. It should be used to get behind the enemy and disarm a few for your teammates to take out. It's just annoying on its own. Plus there is a limit on the number of people who can play it. 10/10 would keep

It's easily counter-able, and anyone with good aim can take it down with relative ease. It's a matter of planning for it.

I say it should stay. It adds a new level of gameplay to the server that is really enjoyable, and frankly it doesn't hamper the general tactics.

As is, there are just so many options to take out a knife class such that Gnat doesn't pose much of a threat at all when planned for.

What makes it fun is when they aren't planning for it.

That being said, I think the minimum level for Gnat should be >2000. It's a strong support race in the right hands, and I don't think we need to see Gnats being played 24/7 as they are now due to the level 50 requirement.

Also I think the evasion could be nerfed to somewhere in 60-75%. 80% is unnecessarily high, imo. Highest race currently is Wisp with 40%.

it does 1 damage per hit.

No keep it because there isn't a really a fun race that people want to play and this looks fun. Just give it something that increase exp such as every fgetive hits get exp or something because you'll obviously not get many kills.

Edited by Coldfuse

its to distract the enemy.. if you roll in teams (as would be smart) while it annoys one, the other "easily" kills it. this sounds like a great support race to me and I think it should stay. it will also encourage some team play and strategy ... the suggestion to decrease evasion slightly is warranted.

It's a novelty race. A lot of people commenting here don't truly understand what coolness is saying about the race. With the addition of this and the decoy race, it doesn't even feel like wcs anymore. It feels more like a "Hey, let's cram on these annoying races onto the server this week" type of thing. I understand that the engineers want to inject as much fun as possible but this isn't the way to do it. The execution of these types of races, currently, are terrible. 

A general rule for wcs it is that EVERY RACE SHOULD BE ABLE TO KILL AN ENEMY. Nobody is going to stay on this race because it isn't viable in a 1v1, or when you have to stop the diffuser from diffusing the bomb that you, a gnat, planted. For fucks sake, give it claws of attack or 5% to do 100 damage, really anything will do. Seeing a gnat go 0-24 will make you question whether this race is actually doing your team good or worse. Think about that last statement. 

The whole of idea of making a race solely to annoy others is retarded. Yes I'm not blinded by it's usefulness in some situtations, but let's not kid ourselves here. Wcs isn't comp. There is no strategic planning of annoying and then killing, if you want to do that, play infected, it does a hell of a better job than gnat. Please give it some type of killing power, if not, I don't see this race becoming anything more than a "max-it-and-move-on" race

EDIT: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE U DOING 2 R SERVER CENTRAN?

Edited by HornyCat

i actually have no issue with this race as is. it could use some nerfs on hp / atk speed, but the overall theme is very unique and adds some fun tactics to the game. its just a question of tailoring it so it isnt impossible to shoot at.

as is, it dies fairly easily when it tries to charge groups, but it is still too strong given the 55% disarm (which should stay, since it is the primary theme of the class). instead reduce hp and atk speed slightly and it should be fine

edit: most importantly min level req should be raised to >1500, as it is a strong support race that should not be for new players

Edited by Vexium

i actually have no issue with this race as is. it could use some nerfs on hp / atk speed, but the overall theme is very unique and adds some fun tactics to the game. its just a question of tailoring it so it isnt impossible to shoot at.

as is, it dies fairly easily when it tries to charge groups, but it is still too strong given the 55% disarm (which should stay, since it is the primary theme of the class). instead reduce hp and atk speed slightly and it should be fine

"Yo guys, let's nerf a race that currently can't get kills for the worse"

Edited by HornyCat