Sign in to follow this  
Kordless

M4A4 vs M4A1-S, P2000 vs USP-S

I mean if you know how to handle* the recoil when spraying the m4a4 then why cripple yourself with only a 20 bullet mag, and I don't have a preference on the pistol but i use the usp-s cause it sounds cool when I shoot it. 

Edited by Destin

You can't really say which ones are better as each of them have their pros and cons. M4A1 is a great gun with better accuracy than the M4A4, is cheaper and has a silencer (prevents being seen on radar) but offcourse suffers in the ammo department which isn't really a problem for people with a supportive role in their team (thats who usually use it). On the other side however, because of the A4's large ammo clip it is great for holding the "prefire" positions and the places where you get swarmed. I perfer the silenced m4 bevause of its accuracy as I have a high HS percentage. Same goes for USP-S, I just feel the p2000 is a papergun just as the glock was in CSS

Hope this helped :)

m4a4 because those 10 extra rounds might save your life.

p2000 for the extra mag cap of 52 which I doubt you will ever use all of it in comp but its still there incase that situation ever arrives.

You can't really say which ones are better as each of them have their pros and cons. M4A1 is a great gun with better accuracy than the M4A4, is cheaper and has a silencer (prevents being seen on radar) but offcourse suffers in the ammo department which isn't really a problem for people with a supportive role in their team (thats who usually use it). On the other side however, because of the A4's large ammo clip it is great for holding the "prefire" positions and the places where you get swarmed. I perfer the silenced m4 bevause of its accuracy as I have a high HS percentage. Same goes for USP-S, I just feel the p2000 is a papergun just as the glock was in CSS

Hope this helped  :)

Yeah they have their pros and cons, but kordless is asking which one you prefer.
Edited by Groov

"was"

No no no, it's a paper gun again.

Honestly I've been on a p2k kick for a while. USP is nice but I don't like the feedback with its silencer. Also I got a 5k ace/clutch as CT on an eco round with it so its my baby.

If you're not playing in an extremely coordinated team you shouldn't use the M4A1-S. It's just not worth not having the extra rounds at all, in my opinion. The accuracy gain is very marginal and doesn't really help you unless you're playing designated a support role which likely won't even exist in a pug setting.

The USP is a little more accurate and only sacrifices one shot, and since you're only going for headshots on pistol I think it's overall the better gun.

M4A4 and USP is the way to go.

Edited by Dyscivist

I find that end up running out of USP ammo almost every pistol/eco round. So I prefer the p2k (gotten many a 4k on nuke from people rushing upper with it.)

I like the a1-s over the a1 simply because of the accuracy being a lot better. The ammo will normally last you a round unless you spray with it a lot. If you like pre-firing a lot, definitely grab the a1 as the extra ammo makes use of itself in that way.

I find the p2000. I'd rather have high recoil instead of a wide spread. 

M4A4 over M4A1-S. On defuse mission you have more rounds to hold a rush. (Also you can spray more :P)

Why are you mongoloids citing your kills as a reason to use a pistol? I've aced pistol rounds multiple times with the USP but that's not a reason to use it over the 2k.

Also, how the hell are you running out of rounds on pistol with the USP? Are you trying to spray people down in the chest long range or something?

sound has nothing to do with being seen on radar.

I use the m4a4 and usp. However the m4a1s is definitely extremely useful in a lot of situations, especially when flanking. You can take out all of them before they even realize where they were killed from.

Personally, I use the M4A4. What Illogical said is completely wrong, there can be situations where the M4A1-S will win you a round over the M4A4. First off, there are no tracers with the M4A1-S, which means the enemy cannot see your incoming bullets (useful for shooting through smoke). True, the M4A1-S does suffer from a smaller magazine, but it also has a more accurate spray pattern.

The M4A4 is useful if you like to shoot more bullets, say shoot randomly through smoke, pre-fire, etc. That's why I prefer the M4A4 over the M4A1-S, though I have picked up an M4A1-S during a round and it has saved my life more than once.

As for the USP over the P2000, do not use the P2000 if you can aim. Absolutely no reason. Headshots will get you kills on pistol round or if you've weakened your enemy with your primary already. 

Lastly, if you do choose to use the M4A1-S and USP over their unsilenced counterparts, NEVER REMOVE THE SILENCER. EVER.

Attribute         / P2000 /  USP.S    / USP     / Who is better?-------------------------------------------------------------------spread            /  2   /    1.5     /   2.5   / USP.S > P2 > USPinaccuracy_fire   / 50.0 /   71.00    /  52.00  / P2 > USP.S > USPinaccuracy_move   / 13.0 /   13.87    /  13.87  / P2 > USP.S = USPrecoil_magnitude  /  26  /    23      /   29    / USP.S > P2 > USPtracer_frequency  /  1   /     0      /    1    / USP.S > P2 > USPprimary_clip_size /  13  /    12      /   12    / P2> USP.S = USP
Attribute             /  A4   / A1.S  /  A1  /  Who is better?-----------------------------------------------------------------in_game_price         / 3100  / 2900  / 2900 / A1.S = A1 > A4primary_clip_size     / 30    /  20   /  20  / A4 > A1.S = A1tracer_frequency      / 1     /   0   /   1  / A1.S > A1 = A4range_modifier        / 0.97  / 0.99  / 0.99 / A1.S = A1 > A4spread                / 0.60  / 0.45  / 0.60 / A1.S > A1 = A4innacuracy_fire       / 7.00  / 7.00  / 12.0 / A4 = A1.S > A1innacuracy_jump       / 0.64  / 0.65  / 0.65 / A4 > A1.S = A1innacuracy_land       / 0.192 / 0.197 / 0.197/ A4 > A1.S = A1innacuracy_move       / 92.88 /	92.87 / 92.87/ A1.S = A1 > A4recoil_angle_variance /  70   /  65   /  65  / A1.S = A1 > A4recoil_magnitude      /  23   /  21   /  25  / A1.S > A4 > A1recoil_magnitude_var  /  0    /   0   /   3  / A1.S > A4 > A1

if you prefire a lot, m4. if you dont use a lot of ammo, m4-s.

p2k if you use ammo a lot, usp if you don't use more than the 3 clips.

p250 past round 1 for pistols

Is there a way to get the silenced USP to sound like the unsilenced USP client-side? Because if there was I would totally use that shit, but as it is the silencer sound fucks with my brain.

Is there a way to get the silenced USP to sound like the unsilenced USP client-side? Because if there was I would totally use that shit, but as it is the silencer sound fucks with my brain.

Well you could decompile the game code and switch the unsilenced sound with the silenced sound.

EDIT: I wish I was at home right now so I could look at the CS:GO resources folder. I think you might be able to switch the two sounds without doing any difficult work, I have no idea.

Edited by BoondockBrutha

Well you could decompile the game code and switch the unsilenced sound with the silenced sound.

EDIT: I wish I was at home right now so I could look at the CS:GO resources folder. I think you might be able to switch the two sounds without doing any difficult work, I have no idea.

If you did that, would other players' guns switch sounds for you as well? It would be an unfair advantage if you could hear the other team's silenced weps in comp.

probably. that's what skin sounds are for. if there's a will, there's a way

If you did that, would other players' guns switch sounds for you as well? It would be an unfair advantage if you could hear the other team's silenced weps in comp.

i'm not sure if skins with custom sounds use the custom sound when it isn't in your hands (or you are spectating someone), but i could be wrong. i haven't used a skin since using a chucky knife skin in like 06 in source when i thought skins were s0k3wl

but if they did switch when you switched them out, that's exactly the reason skins are banned from competitive play, and why almost every respectable server has sv_pure set to 2/1. also to combat materials, so there's that. i know a couple of our members used to use materials back in source for JB

Edited by Sketchmaticx

Actually yeah, I didn't think about that at all. If you were just switching the sounds nothing else would change, you still wouldn't see tracers.

Yeah I was afraid there would be unfair advantage issues. Also I guess something like that wouldn't get past sv_pure anyway so there's really no point. Guess I just need to fix my brain