Sign in to follow this  
Master Chadron

Server reduced to 64 tick out of nowhere

There's this weird bug where the model of an enemy player will appear on your screen for half a second to a second, then disappear. Within a second of that happening, that enemy player will turn the corner or pop into view from somewhere. I haven't encountered it until recently, this change may have introduced it. Also, I keep hearing more cases of enemies suddenly appearing on players' screens, without them seeing the enemy walk to that position. Lots of "Where the fuck did you come from?". Coolness himself said it when I killed him once and I figured this happened to him when he described it. I hadn't heard of this happening before the change, but I've encountered this glitch at least once since the change, whereas it had never happened before to me.

Not saying the change was a bad thing but it just seems like we killed one problem while introducing another problem.

Can confirm this happens almost every single round for me since the change.

Barely happened (once every few maps) until recently.

I wasn't implying one person or "responsible parties" pay for the upgrade. You guys have tons of options to make money off your WCS community. Buying levels/skins/races/admin/Reserved slots. You guys could even do a monthly donor system with perks. I hate that shit personally but hey it puts money into the server.

Yeah by upgrading the CPU on the box, we upgrade it for all of our game servers we have running on it. But we will look into our options with our host soon and see what we can do.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Come back after being gone for a little while and now its a 64 tick server!?!? Not cool. If I wanted to play a no skill fps I would play Call of Duty Ghosts. Please bring back higher tick server!

i mean the choke made it unplayable. as long as the choke is gone its a huge improvement. that being said, 128 would be good. (100 was the problem)

Edited by Vexium

Can confirm this happens almost every single round for me since the change.

Barely happened (once every few maps) until recently.

It happened all the time for me, still does. Nothing new.

I honestly would chip in $50 for a new cpu and probably others as well if it meant getting a boss cpu for our servers.

EDIT: Throw money at this Coolness http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116938

They'd need a server-level processor. This sounds like a job for Ivy Bridge-EP! :D

EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116925

Edited by Moflstomp.mp3

Well, here is a single thread performance using one particular benchmark at least.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Looks like we would really need to move to socket 1150 for a performance increase unless we would be dropping money on a $1,000+ CPU for a pretty minimal performance increase.

Edited by B-cock

Last estimate I heard was approx. an extra $200/mo, but that would have been in combination with the HDD we added.

Also, guys, it's important to note that Source servers ARE NOT ABLE TO RUN ON MULTIPLE CORES. Upgrades to the CPU would be based only on the clock speed of the core the server is on (and various other things possibly such as cache..etc.). Thus, adding more cores (taking the AMD approach) would be useless.

Well according to the link I posted and for an additional $10/month we could bump it up to the 1270 V3. I'm just not sure of the additional costs associated with it or maybe I'm reading it wrong. But if possible, it would increase the performance a nice bit as it would be going to haswell structure. Which I'm not sure about haswell gen that much but the gens usually bump core performance by about 5-10%.