Sign in to follow this  
Master Chadron

Server reduced to 64 tick out of nowhere

Its fucking Warcraft mod. Who cares if it isn't 100 tic. This ain't MLG Pro Yolo swag noscope 420 blaze it. To greatly reduce the lag when over 20 people, I lowered the rate down. It was either that or suffer lag most of the time trying to force 100 tic.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Its fucking Warcraft mod. Who cares if it isn't 100 tic. This ain't MLG Pro Yolo swag noscope 420 blaze it. To greatly reduce the lag when over 20 people, I lowered the rate down. It was either that or suffer lag most of the time trying to force 100 tic.

Too bad the lag isn't "greatly reduced" at all. 23 people on the server right now and this is literally the worst lag I've ever seen. Shit's so bad dead player models are getting frozen in mid air. 

Too bad the lag isn't "greatly reduced" at all. 23 people on the server right now and this is literally the worst lag I've ever seen. Shit's so bad dead player models are getting frozen in mid air.

I've been on a lot when the server has been full since I lowered the tic rate and I haven't experienced any lag as bad as it used to be.

the choke is gone thanks to the tickrate change.

some people are still getting ping lag / packet delay, but that might be on their end, since i havent experienced this since the change.

in any case the main issue with choke is gone, thankfully

After playing several rounds with the server full it seems the lag in terms of tick rate is still atrocious, however my shots do register much more consistently. It's still a pain in the ass when everyone's stuttering around though.

pug will never die cuz that 120 mph fly speed gg trying to hit that lagged hitbox

You joke but it's the truth. Most evident with snipers if you want to try it out. Sniping in 128 tick and 64 tick is a completely different ballgame and it feels extremely stiff on 64 tick with shitty hitboxes. It really is infuriating knowing you hit the person yet it counts as a miss and that what got in your way was server information.

Do I like the trade off? Maybe. I'm still unsure, but this whole "lets reduce server accuracy because it's only wcs and you aren't super pro 420 1337" shit is annoying and completely selfish to those who actually want a good experience with the wcs mod and not a watered down version of it. Besides that, I really like how fluid the server is now.

Would it be possible for the tickrate to be set to 128 when the server has less than or equal to 16 people and 64 tick when the server has greater than 16 people on it in realtime?

Edited by HornyCat

nah tickrate is a pain in the ass to change and basically requires the server to be changed on the provider's end. 100 tickrate is also not 128. we were never really playing at 128 :(

also 64 is really not that bad. people complain about there being a huge difference btwn 128 and 64. yes, there is a difference, but it's not nearly as big as many people make it out to be. you might want to change your clientside rates to adjust to 64. it can help.

idk but usually fee is monthly. at gameservers.com it's $42 for 32 ppl and 128 tickrate, $32 for 64 tickrate. so it is a big price difference. that being said, im guessing u guys are on a different pay schedule given how many servers u have, so it may cost less/be less of a hassle to switch over.

regardless though, usually the issue with -upgrading- tickrate is that you have to change IPs. i think it was easy to switch from 100 to 64 b/c it was a downgrade technically, but an upgrade usually means a switch of IP to a boosted server (Which you may or may not already be on? unsure of how this plays out normally)

Edited by Vexium

idk but usually fee is monthly. at gameservers.com it's $42 for 32 ppl and 128 tickrate, $32 for 64 tickrate. so it is a big price difference. that being said, im guessing u guys are on a different pay schedule given how many servers u have, so it may cost less/be less of a hassle to switch over.

regardless though, usually the issue with -upgrading- tickrate is that you have to change IPs. i think it was easy to switch from 100 to 64 b/c it was a downgrade technically, but an upgrade usually means a switch of IP to a boosted server (Which you may or may not already be on? unsure of how this plays out normally)

We have our own dedicated server box we rent from a provider and just run the gameservers our self. The problem is, the massive amounts of customization and stuff with the war3 mod, it is very CPU intensive. When we get a full server, we tend to hit 100% quite often, which causes a bottleneck and all the lag. We are running an Intel Xenon 3.53GHz Quad-Core Hyperthreading processor on the box. Keep in mind, however, that CSGO linux dedicated server binary does not support multi-threading so we are stuck to 1 thread per server.

Money fix's everything and you didn't really answer the how much question. :)

WUT? Coolness is broker than yiyas

Edited by HornyCat

idk what ppl are complaining about but ive had no lag since the tickrate change. all i hear in here is complaints about 64tickrate, which are way overdone. whatever ping-related lag is likely on their end and not the server's/code of server. so dont worry too much until more ppl confirm ping lag or something

btw merry xmas everyone

idk what ppl are complaining about but ive had no lag since the tickrate change. all i hear in here is complaints about 64tickrate, which are way overdone. whatever ping-related lag is likely on their end and not the server's/code of server. so dont worry too much until more ppl confirm ping lag or something

There's this weird bug where the model of an enemy player will appear on your screen for half a second to a second, then disappear. Within a second of that happening, that enemy player will turn the corner or pop into view from somewhere. I haven't encountered it until recently, this change may have introduced it. Also, I keep hearing more cases of enemies suddenly appearing on players' screens, without them seeing the enemy walk to that position. Lots of "Where the fuck did you come from?". Coolness himself said it when I killed him once and I figured this happened to him when he described it. I hadn't heard of this happening before the change, but I've encountered this glitch at least once since the change, whereas it had never happened before to me.

Not saying the change was a bad thing but it just seems like we killed one problem while introducing another problem.