Sign in to follow this  
bink

Title System

And when you add more stuff to a server that is already lagging as it is?

Don't talk to me as if I don't enjoy mods, I ran a modded cs:a clan for a while and I fully support and love modded cs:s. Like I said before, sometimes it comes a time when it's too much.

No need to get your panties in a twist sweetie.

Don't talk to me as if I don't enjoy mods, I ran a modded cs:a clan for a while and I fully support and love modded cs:s. Like I said before, sometimes it comes a time when it's too much.

Donation for a better cpu is on the top right. if you feel so strongly about the server's wellbeing, you should contribute. The server is not going to back down and it will always keep evolving and maybe months from today we will have +100 races.

Rayne, you don't even play on the warcraft server. I do. I play a fuckton of wcs. Understand that adding the title system is a positive. Yes we do have lag, we are not oblivious to it, we know the server is a laggy piece of shit and that is why we are trying to improve the situation.

Please direct your ad hominem elsewhere.

Hornycat, I've played on the Warcraft servers since this clan originally had it, so shut up trying to act all high and mighty. I'm entitled to posting my opinion of thought which is I think it's too much. Don't have a bitch fit just because I'm not feeding you your sweeties.

Edited by Rayne

If something like this were going to introduce any lag at all it wouldn't be added.

i think the point is to add an additional layer of achievement, especially so that new players can feel they're doing something while suffering through some of the tougher leveling stages.

its been said already that the added bonuses would be minimal, and set to one at a time.

at the same time, it gives end-game players an opportunity to spend time on something after maxing all races (something im already at)

all in all it's a great idea, so long as it doesnt detract from the main game - and as long as the bonuses are small and varied, it shouldnt

I dont like the idea of bonus abilities for titles IMO. Just causes inbalance for a race that is already balanced. I do like the aesthetic part of it, however. Kind of like with WoW and earning titles through achievements. You don't get any bonus but you can show off your e-peen.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I dont like the idea of bonus abilities for titles IMO. Just causes inbalance for a race that is already balanced. I do like the aesthetic part of it, however. Kind of like with WoW and earning titles through achievements. You don't get any bonus but you can show off your e-peen.

Exactly.

If this or something like it is implemented, it would be cool if the persons current title is shown in chat as well when they talk (similar to the titles in the credit system on JB and ZE)

I was waiting for someone to say this. I approve of this.

This is where we have to draw the line though. The titles should give buffs not abilities, and I'm beginning to wonder that if this were ever implemented on the server, would some races have some titles restricted?

For example, the one where you crusader wish a negev seems fine to me, but giving zombie something like bash or roots on hit would just completely cause mayhem and complaints everywhere. Sticking to buffs only and not extra skills is the key to doing this title system thing right.

Edited by HornyCat

This would be good, I would support this, but not the bonuses. 

this essentially just sounds like expertise with a title, I'd rather just see titles added to the expertise of each race rather than add a whole new "buffing" system to the server, just seems like things will get real stupid real fast.

I agree, no harm can come from player titles as rewards for the above ideas, but the second you start adding bonuses on, you're going to upset the system. As previously stated, it could potentially ruin the balance in the server as well.

Is it actually possible to code it to coincide with your name in chat? I've not seen a function like that in CS:S before, would be a brilliant concept if it can be pulled off. 

Edited by Rayne

Most of these seem pretty easy to attain for any player with a kd higher than 2. I like Eddys idea but I would also like if that happened to be able to see what races attain expertise and at what level. That'll probably never happen though. I could see a lot of people trying to buy titles or some shit though. Also what's stopping someone on my team from respawning to end my 1v5? I'd be pissed if that happened to me. Lots of trivial things with a title system but if it can be coded I don't see why not try it out.

I doubt there would be such a thing, skill or what not to prevent the other team from respawning. Adding to the expertise is nice however how much can you really add to it? You'll get a few here and there but that's about it. Unlike WoW for the achievements we're lacking idk an npc boss to take down like dnd mod. However, if it really were to do nothing but look "nice" or "cool" it will last maybe a week before the novelty of it wears off. Who would want to do something for an achievement that gives you no benefits or merits!? That is just fucking nuts. If you did want it to just look cool then just scrap the idea and go with what Yiyas did. 0-49% completion gives you the title Hero, 50-98% completion rate, I've forgotten the title but I believe it's something like Crimson Knight? People that had 99-100% completion were given the title King. The only time it would show was when the player was connecting & joined a team. The whole idea of the title system was to give players more of an edge, a bit of an rpg-ish feel where they would get stronger as they go. This could get more players to come take a look and possibly stay rather than seeing it do absolutely nothing and a complete waste of time.

You can do a lot with expertise, it's just like an extra skill or passive bonus. AKA everything suggested. With the title system, you have to add in exceptions and shit (which obviously as a whole would take less time than coding every race with an expertise). Titles won't really make someone stay longer than if there was no titles or if titles did nothing. Sure, they might stay a little longer, but if they just end up leaving anyways, then there's really no point. They probably weren't interested that much in the mod and were going to leave regardless of titles or races maxed or what not.

Regardless, I'm not arguing against the idea. I'm just bringing up certain things. If it can be done, why not? If it can't, then oh well. It really won't change the server much, if at all.

My input: I don't particularly like the idea of giving bonuses such as HP or speed. I'd really only like something that doesn't exactly directly affect the player, such as money, spawning with equipment/armor, or bonus experience. It limits the title system a shit ton, so it probably won't happen, but I really don't want to see everyone and their mother using the same +10 HP title or +10% speed title because money/exp/equipment is nothing compared to bonus speed or HP (assuming the HP is bonus max HP and not just a flat +10 on spawn).

Well the same gear/equipment is actually our fault, the population will always have their input on what a person should and should not wear. You're damned if you and you're damned if you don't. If you do wear it then you're like every other person, a robot in a way, if you don't however you get shit on. People will either be telling you that you're gimped or that you're shit because you don't have the "correct" gear. Naturally, we are free to our own choices in stats and gears or in this case races, expertise, and possibly titles but we'd still be in the company with people that will say what you should or shouldn't use/play. You are right in saying that it might not change however like races and or expertise it might help in prolonging a player/regulars stay.

I do realize that you're not trying to argue against the idea however Thorgot would never allow something so bullshit and OP on the server. However, in the case that he did, he would probably nerf it after getting a few reports.

equipment = nades, armor, weapons. i dont think ive seen anyone get called shit for using nades except maybe flashes and i use those to piss off the first second teleporters on maps like westwood. weapon choices are going to be the same as it is in every other CS. i think you misunderstood me there

When I said equipment I meant in other games, which could be related to races, expertise, titles, and or how to play a race.

IMO the bonuses should be REALLY minor so the point is to use them as titles, not as bonuses. Things like 2% speed, 2% lifesteal, 5 extra reserve ammo, 2.5% extra exp, 50 extra cash, 5% lowgrav, 5% extra time on bash, really minor.

Koopa Bump. Is this still under discussion or did you guys forget about this thread.

I still like this idea and I still want it implemented.