Sign in to follow this  
Vexium

[Poll] Maps Suggestions/Ideas

Does War3 need more maps?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should more maps be implemented?

• Yes - please start by adding more Bravo/Payback maps
    • Yes - but get rid of the less popular ones currently on the list
    • Yes - add custom maps that work well with War3 (high skybox, diverse layout, etc.)
    • No - the current roster is fine
    • No - but the current roster could be narrowed/revised
    • No - but a longer period of cooldown for played maps would be good for less-played maps

Hi there. I don't usually come on the forums to talk, mostly because I'm either busy playing on the server or with the rest of life.

Anywho, every time I get on, someone at some point mentions something related to maps. Usually it's good - but every so often there's a complaint raised about XYZ map or "Oh no not that map", etc. so forth.

So to sort of consolidate opinion on this issue, I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks about this. I'd also like you to post any map suggestions you may have in this topic. This is so that the staff can be aware of how members feel about the current roster.

Personally, I feel that some of the Bravo/Payback maps are worth adding to the roster, since they are already default to CS:GO and you don't need to download them. I'm thinking of the following specifically: cs_thunder, de_seaside, cs_agency, de_ali, and cs_siege.

As for revision, I don't think cs_museum is a good map for war3, but I just don't like the map in the first place.

As for custom map additions, I would like to propose these two in particular:

de_rats_1337 - http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/170274 - Remake of CS 1.6 de_rats with a bunch more passageways and vents, very diverse and suited to all races in war3

de_aurelia - http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/169505 - Really good defuse map originally from CSS. Definitely worth looking into.

----

So yea, if you could provide your input it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Vexium

seaside is way too small/open, siege is going to be camping all fuckin day. terrible maps. I really like agency and don't know the others well enough to have an opinion.

I asked one of the engies (don't remember if it was thorgot or klark lol) to increase the "maps played" limit from 7 to 10. They told me to check back with them in a bit to see how people on the server thought about it. Frankly I haven't noticed a lick of difference in the maps we play. I originally proposed a limit of 15, so we could get some more custom map play in, and I stick to that recommendation.

seaside is way too small/open, siege is going to be camping all fuckin day. terrible maps. I really like agency and don't know the others well enough to have an opinion.

I asked one of the engies (don't remember if it was thorgot or klark lol) to increase the "maps played" limit from 7 to 10. They told me to check back with them in a bit to see how people on the server thought about it. Frankly I haven't noticed a lick of difference in the maps we play. I originally proposed a limit of 15, so we could get some more custom map play in, and I stick to that recommendation.

Are you talking about how many maps need to cycle through before a map can be played again?

If so, then I think 15 might be too long.

Are you talking about how many maps need to cycle through before a map can be played again?

If so, then I think 15 might be too long.

I support the change, we constantly see the same few maps and I will gladly sacrifice my dolls playtime to play less Office + Italy + Nuke