Sign in to follow this  
thorgot

Warcraft 3 Changelog

Fixed a bug where molotovs could bash on the following races:

• Emperor Trump (reflecting bash from a molotov when the molotov shouldn't bash)
  • Anti Mage (when attacking and mini-bashing a person with their knife out)
  • Damoi Tui (bash aura)
  • Dragon Knight (bash nearby enemy when hit)
  • Chronos
  • New Game +
  • Lina
  • Banshee

Dreadknight now prints a hint when acute senses entangles a knife race.

Ravinick now properly displays how much damage it deals with it's effects in hints and text.

Thardy lifesteal no longer persists through death.

Not live yet but should be live at some point in the next day:

Fixed a bug where in some rare cases skills that deal magic damage (not "additional damage" or "critical damage") could get be critical hits. Thanks to [mention=23021]Hamburglar[/mention] for providing some "/debug" notes which were helpful 

This may or may not negatively affect the following races. If you think one of them was "balanced" and this bug has significantly altered it's damage output negatively, please let me know and I will review it.

• Blademaster
  • Dante
  • Khadgar
  • Soul Stealer
This also fixed a bug where bonus damage to undead (Priest, Yrel) could count on magic damage skills. This includes Priest's Judgment, Yrel's Holy Shield, and Yrel's Judgment.

Human invis was reduced from 65% to 50% to agree to the skillsinfo and what it has always been. Not sure why/when it was increased ...

Edited by Face

Fixed a bug where Air Elemental smokes didn’t explode when they collide with players.

Made it so when Smoke throws smoke grenades near the bomb, the radius in which they no longer do damage to enemies is much larger,

Edited by Face

Haven't posted the last couple weeks, but here's what's been changed:

• Recoded the way auras work since it's always had issues (especially if we reload the race without restarting the server). Currently this isn't live on any races except a developer only race. I will slowly roll it out to other races as I confirm it has no major bugs.
  • 2 Races are currently developer only: Tracer and Dark Templar. Still working out bugs and QoL changes with Tracer, still working on balance with Dark Templar
  • Fixed bugs w/ Banshee slow aura not working consistently, this is what inspired the aura change that isn't live yet
  • Fixed bug with Bulbasaur's Vine Whip hitting the wrong players
  • Infected is now always stronger if the date is October 31, or if the halloween event cvar is set
  • Remilia now takes 100% bonus damage from knives, down from 250% - I know I made changes to the Remilia damage in the past that affected this damage calculation, and and before this new change, it appeared that nearly all knife attacks would deal 120-200 bonus damage.
  • Witch King is back as ROTD only, but has suffered some nerfs
    • 25% dmg reduc (down from 30%)
    • 20% chance to disarm (down from 25%)
    • 27% evade (down from 30%)

Hope you all enjoy the Halloween event! Don't forget to type "goldtop10" to see the top players, or "gold" to see how you compare!

Edited by Face

Multiple bug fixes for the new priestess race that is on tester. Radius of spells has been increased to 600 units (flashheal/mindblast was 400, holy nova was 500). Now restricted to p2k/usps.

Dark Templar is on tester and no longer takes fall damage. It also does not appear on radar during the ult. Ult now lasts 2.5 seconds (up from 1.5 seconds).

BUFFS:

• Bulbasaur
    • now leeches up to 20% (up from 16%)
  • Hammerstorm
    • stun on ability is now 0.6 seconds (up from 0.3 seconds)
    • Dmg reduction is now 30% (up from 25%)
    • Splash damage now caps out at 60 (up from 40), get your awps out boys
  • Infected
    • Now spawns with 1300 bonus hp (up from 900 bonus hp, event was 1350 bonus hp for reference)
    • Now has 17hp/sec (up from 15hp/sec, there was no buff during event to this stat)
    • Now has 20% passive speed (up from 10% passive speed, event was 25% passive speed)
    • Future halloween events will grant it +650 bonus hp and +10% speed
  • Persnickety
    • now gains ult from 30 damage (down from 50)
  • Pyromaniac
    • Chance to engulf in flames on dmg is 80% (up from 50%)
  • SWAT Officer
    • 25% dmg resistance (up from 20%)
  • Shadow Hunter
    • Ward radius is DOUBLED (previously 125, now 250)
  • Trickster Assassin
    • now can spawn 15 barrels (up from 10)
    • Barrel cd is now 2 sec (down from 2.5 sec)
Edited by Face

Fixed bugs:

• Brewmaster evaded hits no longer add to "staggered damage"
  • Slow immunity on Bunnicula no longer prevents it from being slowed by itself for not jumping frequently enough
  • Forest Elf invis now resets if you die to the bomb during ultimate
  • Frodo Baggins no longer sets armor lower than your current armor with it's mithril armor skill
  • Lilith armor regen should now properly resets across lives/rounds/maps
  • Succubus Hunter should no longer have mask of death issues. Succubus Hunter headhunter damage is now magic instead of physical. The text prints for headhunter no longer print to console if it would deal <1 damage.

Bonus xp is now active! Don't forget to wear your [JoinSG] clan tags to get it!

I've also been busy this week and will be for a few more days. I intend to start moving races out of tester to live soon, so if you have any changes you suggest - testers, please let me know.

Bug Fixes:

• Death Bringer: fixed heal blocking potentially carrying over through death (I think... :))
  • Elemental: ult now checks for ult immunity
  • Goliath: big swings hasn't been working for... a while apparently... it now works again (remember, left click only)
  • Pudge: fixed a bug where Pudge's hook was attempting to target allies but was unable to do so. Basically, if an ally was close to an enemy, your hook couldn't hit the enemy because it was trying to hit the ally.
  • Ruthless Mercenary: grenades can now be blocked by goblin alchemist
  • Yrel: fixed description to show the proper speed buff
Edited by Face

Physical damage we deal is no longer affected by armor. Previously, if we dealt physical damage and the victim had armor, the damage was halved.

This is to make it more consistent, easier to balance (40 dmg always equals 40 dmg), and make damage outputs consistent where they previously were not (see: ravinick).

Races that are affected by this change:

• Air Elemental (reduced back stab damage taken was phsyical)
  • Exile (one of the items he finds)
  • Gargoyle (self-damage on failed goomba)
  • Jukebox Hero (fireworks damage)
  • Keeper of the Grove (thorns)
  • Pudge (hook)
  • Ravinick (lightning shield)
  • Ruthless Mercenary (grenades)
  • Second Wave (seeker mine)

Although this is inevitably a buff to many of these races, I tend to take a stand-off approach when I make a big change like this and see how it plays out. I do not intend to nerf any of the above races, however I will consider doing so if it seems necessary over the next weeks.

Edited by Face

Dark Templar is live at 6750

High Priestess is live at 9250

Lady Hederine is live at 14000

Illusionist is live at 15000

Since the last update post:

• Dark Templar
    • Shield CD reduced from 5s to 4s
    • No longer deals bonus damage with fire, nades, etc.
  • High Priestess
    • Dies immediately if it tries to defuse
    • No longer loses the bomb in spirit form
  • Lady Hederine
    • No longer gets glock from ability
    • Whiplash knocks enemies screen up, deals 15 damage, blocks them from walking backwards briefly (to help close the gap for the knife race) - now makes a cool whip noise, also denies LJ, speed, fly, etc.
    • Always knocks enemy's screen around (at random, not a very strong effect) on hit - cooldown of 0.8 seconds on effect
  • Selune no longer "respawns" when using back door, it simply teleports back to spawn
    • This means you can't change races when you use it
    • This fixes an HP bug when you change to certain races
    • This means you don't get your magazine reloaded
      • Honestly Selune has always been pretty strong so I'm not worried about this
  • Changes related to High Priestess getting "farmed" by other races
    • IF NO DAMAGE IS DEALT ON HIT/ABILITY/ETC
      • Abaddon no longer curses
      • Accuri no longer slows or deals deadeye damage
      • Air Elemental no longer reduces gravity
      • Altana no longer recovers HP
      • Anti Mage no longer reduces ammo
      • Brewmaster no longer triggers keg smash
      • Cannibal no longer leeches
      • Corrupt Disciple no longer does it's damage leech effect
      • Dante no longer gets skill points
      • Distortion does not gain Tempest Sword charges
      • Dragon Knight does not deal ult effects
      • Exile items do not trigger
      • Flame Predator does not disarm
      • Forest Elf does not steal cash
      • Hand of God no longer gains combos
      • Human General no longer steals cash
      • Methodical does not gain "on hit" effects
      • Musician does not do it's "on hit" effects
      • Naix does not leech
      • Phyrexian Sieger does not knock back
      • Pyromaniac does not knock back
      • Ravinick does not do storm strike, maelstrom, windfury, or burning blade
      • Rottweil does not leech
      • Scattergunner does not knock back
      • Recon Scout does not disarm
      • Shadow Monkey does not slap or banish
      • Succubus Hunter does not gain skulls
      • Takeno does not disarm
      • Wizard of New Tristram does not steal money
    • Enjoy the inadvertent buff to EVADE

Fixed bugs:

• Mole now checks if you collide with any objects before choosing a spawn point. This should prevent getting stuck in players (rare) or spawning in the middle of the map (why is a spawn there ????)
  • Corpse Bomber should have no more issues with certain primaries (namely M4A1S) not working with ult
  • Cursed Pharaoh "Curse of the Pharaoh" skill no longer procs itself
  • Igna Phoenix no longer slows herself (woops)
  • Ruthless Mercenary grenades now don't hit Goblin Alchemist (2nd times a charm?)
  • Xian ult no longer checks if ability is in cooldown

Nerf:

• Along w/ the phys dmg changes previously, Ruthless Mercenary nades dealt a lot more damage than intended. Lowered "max" dmg of subsequent nades from 150 to 115.

Misc:

• After I get a manual restart in, all CTs and Ts will spawn as the same models (instead of being randomly selected based on map). This prevents some models spawning with 100% invis heads if a player has invisibility. These are the 2 models we used to use ~2+ years ago, for you old-timers.

Lol:

• Added crypto addresses to my signature in case you are bored
Edited by Face

Rocky has been added at lvl 5,300

Black Market Dealer is now a tester race

Some changes from last week I didn't post:

• Trinity Healing Font now heals up to 125 (up from 100)
  • Trinity can no longer heal for negative amounts or store negative amounts in the knife
  • Grinch AOE attack slow aura was reduced in radius and effectiveness
  • Kris Kringle gains less HP

Bug Fixes:

• Default cannot revive while carrying hostage
  • Fixed potential issues with high priestess and tracer spawn pistols not appearing
  • Illusionist can no longer pick up knives, defusers, or the c4
  • Magatha farsight skill description said "ability1" even though it was "ability2"
  • Fixed Magatha farsight not properly targeting the nearest enemy
  • Fixed Rocky reflecting magic damage amounts
  • And a couple other minor things

Thanks - keep reporting them ASAP!

Bug Fixes:

• Another attempt to fix hiding on radar issues?
  • Bounty Hunter cannot put a bounty on ult immune players
  • Elemental's fiery gaze now properly starts/ends which fixes the "turn off/on" problem every round
  • Fixed a bug with Hand of God's evasion calculations
    • Because of the way it was done, it was basically double-checking evade in order to evade a hit
      • e.g. (highest evade chance at max) 90% knife evade was a 90% * 90% = 81% chance
      • e.g. (lowest evade chance at max) 75% shotgun evade was 56.25%
    • As you can see, even though this is a correction it is a nice, needed buff to Hand of God
  • Molecule Damage Reflect on knife attackers is now True Damage. This is to retain the glory that is molecule against pudge, rocky, etc.
  • Paradox can no longer use his ability (teleport/blink) when silenced
  • Tracer can no longer blink or recall if she is Hexed

Added Clutch Chat - disabled by default.

Type /clutch to toggle enable or disabling it. You can also see it on the 2nd page of the /settings menu.

If enabled, when you are last alive you will not hear any voice chat.

If disabled (default), voice chat operates as it normally does.

After THOROUGH questioning of the 20 random players on the server tonight, I have made the following buffs:

• Ravinick can no longer buy boots or belt
  • Battlefield Pro now has 30% bonus speed (up from 20%)
  • Donald Trump now has a 26% (up from 24%) chance to evade magic and physical damage and also has a 220 unit knockback radius (up from 160)
  • Hand of God now deals 35 damage on forward slash (up from 25) and it has a 3 second cooldown (down from 4 seconds). The slash damage radius was increased from 250 units to 350 units. If he is on a 5 hit combo or greater, he gains 1% evade
  • Master of GO ultimate now has a 25% chance of affirmative
    • When affirmative, Master of GO gains 10% speed
  • Master of Three now deals 3 bonus damage per hit (previously it said this was the case, but it was not the case)
  • Master of War now generates ammo slightly faster and takes 12% of damage via armor. His ultimate values were also corrected for some minor bugs.
  • Nature Wisp now begins regenerating after 2.5 seconds (down from 3.5). Ultimate now has a 18 second cooldown (down from 20)
  • Takeno now has 50% bonus speed (up from 40%). His ultimate temporarily makes him 99% invis (up from 95%)
  • Transient Entity now has a 1.3 second bash duration (up from 0.9) and now stores 25% of damage as leeched health (up from 20%)

The players have spoken!

Fixed invis shadow hunter wards (most of the time, it'll prob still break rarely like entangle etc have been...)

Added more thorough crash information so I can figure out problems (e.g. what causes random crashes to desktop for groups)

Reduced screen flash on Lady Hederine slightly

Reduced succubus ward radius from 250 to 200 after I realized how big it was during testing

Edited by Face

Removed overlay counters from all races. They have been replaced with something called HUD text. This not only should reduce lag when playing these races, but also in some cases they may provide more info than before. If you have any idea of other ways to use the HUD text (it is fairly versatile) please let me know. (other information, using different color, etc)

If the text is overly large (typically only a problem on resolutions >1080p) I suggest scaling your HUD down with the hud_scaling command. I believe it should reduce the size of the text with your HUD.

After the next restart (should happen automatically at night) the overlay images will no longer be downloaded when players join the server, reducing the download time.

In order to try and fix a crash problem, we have removed grace time on join and in lieu added a warmup period of 15 seconds. This means if you join a team any time after a round has started, you must wait till the next round to play. The warmup period will allow people to load new maps. Please report any issues to myself or another staff in discord ASAP.

If you experience crashes during the warmup, let me know immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any form of suicide (including changing teams) the first round is now logged. If you attempt to progress the round number in order to get additional cash, spawn with guns faster, etc. you will be banned for abusing the system.

Dark Templar now consistently blocks only 1 bullet with his shield (instead of sometimes blocking 2, dependent on how fast your gun fired) - however he has gained 15% passive speed.

Fixed some Clutch Chat bugs, also I log a lot more stuff that will benefit us in debugging crash problems.

Adjusted Paradox skill descriptions to be more correct.

Just like in AMERICA we now remove 2 regulations for every 1 we add, we must also buff 2 races for every 1 we nerf

• Igna now has a 35% chance to cast firestorm (down from 40%)
  • Lady Hederine whip now slows by up to 16% (down from 26%), the color flash intensity has been slightly reduced, and the duration has been halved to help reduce "overlapping" flashes from building up

IN EXCHANGE FOR THESE NERFS

• Displacer Beast now has a 16 second cooldown on ability and ultimate (down from 20 seconds)
  • Golden-tail has 22% evade (up from 20%)
  • Krillin now runs at 84% speed (up from 80% speed)
  • Wizard of the Everlasting now runs at 85% speed (up from 80% speed)

Some measures were put in place to reduce or eliminate start-of-map abuse (involving suiciding at the start of the game to skip round 1). Let me know if you see any one doing this.

Race changes

• Voodoo Witch Doctor can no longer buy mask - I believe this was simply an oversight in the past
    • In exchange, it now slows up to 30% (up from 20% slow)
  • BF Pro now takes 2 seconds to activate his C4, down from 3 seconds.
  • Terran Ghost now uses 5 energy per second for invisibility (down from 10 per second) and uses 25 energy for his ult (down from 30 energy)

Bug Fixes

• Altana, Night Elf, and Dread Knight will now more properly not entangle players with certain buffs that should stop it (e.g. Magatha's totem that should block it)
  • Bounty Hunter no longer has permanent 100% crit sometimes
  • Bunnicula no longer triggers effects by attacking teammates
  • Dark Templar no longer loses his shield to magic damage or fall damage
  • High Priestess dies on round end if in spirit form to prevent problems
  • Jarmen Kell properly resets FOV when you die zoomed in - this is not an issue on Paradox as it was already accounted for
  • Keeper of the Grove should no longer trigger thorns if you die as another race but changed to Keeper
  • Magatha's Water Totem now ignores players that are at or above their max HP - it also can theoretically heal a player over 500 (basically Infected and Pudge) if they are near the totem. It completely ignores DT and Shadow Lurker in all cases.
  • Magatha's Grounding Totem now properly gives ult immunity and targeting immunity to nearby allies instead of allies that are far away
  • Paradox now removes all movement impairing effects when he uses blink
  • Shopkeepers ring of armor no longer activates if you spawn with higher armor than it gives you
  • Stalker damage print on critical hit now prints properly
  • Reaper now gains 2 "heat" per shot and caps at 100 "heat" - just so the meter seems consistent with Marine while having the same effect - this is no change in actual function
Edited by Face

Again, trying to keep with the 2 buffs for every 1 nerf :)

Buffs:

• Blademaster now has 80% bonus speed (up to 60% speed) during windwalk
  • Bounty Hunter now has a base 10% crit chance, instead of starting at 0%
  • Cannibal now heals 20 HP on hit, up from 15
  • Corpse Bomber now evades 16% (up from 14%)
  • Death Bringer now degenerates enemies HP for 10 seconds (up from 5, see ya infected)
  • Dread Knight now entangles for 3 seconds (up from 2.25)
  • Judge of Dynamis now has 25% damage reduction (up from 20%)
  • Frost Giant now bashes for 2 seconds on hit (up from 1 second)
  • Grim Reaper now has 55% damage resistance (up from 50%)
  • Keeper of the Grove ultimate now slows for up to 6 seconds (up from 4 seconds)
  • Kil'Jaeden's knife is no longer visible to other players
  • Shadespawn now only has to hit an enemy once to swap with them

Nerfs:

• Archimonde now has a 3 second cooldown on longjump at the start of a round
  • Ravinick now reflects 19% of damage (down from 35%) and the damage caps at 35 (same as Rocky)
  • Rocky can now only reflect up to 35 damage in a single hit
  • Hand of God evasion has been reduced by 8% for all weapon types, forward slash damage has been reduced from 35 to 29
  • Infected now starts with 705 HP (down from 1185)  on round 1, 945 on round 2 (down from 1265), and has the full 1425 on round 3. Infected now has a base 15% speed (down from 20%)
  • Lady Hederine now regenerates 46% of enemy HP on kill (down from 66%). Whiplash no longer prevents backpedaling. Whiplash now sets the cooldown for screenflash on weapon hit. Molotovs no longer trigger screenflash/screen shake

Some admin commands that are frequently abused have been restricted.

I'd like to remind everyone, if you see an admin abusing - please report it to us. Although they help, even without a demo, I can check logs.

Fixed some bugs:

• Deadly decoy speed does not carry over between rounds or to other races
  • Elvish Enchanter no longer prints saying it deals bonus damage when it does not
  • Gravitas ult ends when freeze time starts
  • Keldon Warlord can no longer trigger effects on molotov
  • Magnus no longer gets health back if the players race changes when they doppleganger
  • Malfurion ultimate and moonfire no longer carry over to a new round
  • Ranger no longer gets an m4a1s with no skills leveled
  • T Hardy no longer can ult after a round has ended
  • Unholy Paladin Ult now ends when a new round starts
  • Unholy Paladin bonus damage kills should show in the kill feed

Race Changes

• Unholy Paladin can now leech above 100 hp
  • Elvish Enchanter now deals bonus damage through physical damage resistance / evasion
  • Night Elf Elder is now immune to targeting skills during his ultimate
Edited by Face