Sign in to follow this  
Swed

If you had to vote for one server to be removed, which one would you pick?

76 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a server

• Jailbreak
    • Zombie Escape
    • Minigames
    • Warcraft 3
    • Surf
    • The Dev Server

This is quite the stupid poll. Removing a server doesn't benefit us at all. We are already paying the same amount for the same dedicated server. We can run as many or as little game servers as we want on it. Shutting one down doesn't lower our monthly payment at all. If anything, it stops any possibility of gaining any new members from the demographic that plays on said server that we shut down. At our current state, I believe we have adequate servers spread across most areas of CS:GO. We could run 16 CS:GO servers if we wanted, but we don't. We believe what we have is enough to both: a) maintain a regular population; and b) not overwhelm server resources. 

TLDR; silly poll, not necessary, doesn't matter :) we will always have servers :)

If TTT went down, I'd have to find people to hang with irl

I still hate you for what you did in that bathroom that day... But i got my revenge in the office.. THE HALL OF THE DEAD i wish i had that saved...

People voting for the dev server are mean and want Mimic to naix races directly on war3.

None of these servers should be removed right now. The only valid reason to remove a server is if nobody ever plays in it.

I'm not 100% sure on why SHM made this thread, but I am pretty damn sure and that was in regards to a conversation we were having in team speak Monday I believe about possibility of having a dayz server and them wanting us to shut down other servers to make up for it. As explained there, the fact is all of our more unpopular servers do not consume enough resources to warrant shutting down and replacing with a dayz server. Fact is that all of our css/csgo servers take up a small portion of resource usage (except ZE and it's shit ton of stuff and the fact that it just eats bandwidth like no other). If I remember correctly, our minecraft server takes up the most resources simply due to it being minecraft...
 Then you look at the fact that a dayz server is hard to warrant the extra cost and in-order for sG to expand to it, it must (from what I have understood from this convo, when Mamac was busy playing dota2 at same time) at minimum be self-sufficient, ie the server must be able to pay for itself, and if it generates revenue, then great. The only possible way I could see of even having a dayz server is if we had a private hive, and let people pay for reserved slots on it, but then we would more than likely need a dedicated box for it, since we currently do not have the extra resources to my knowledge to be able to run a full Arma 2 dayz Server, simply due to the Arma 2 Engine being a resource hog.

I made this thread to see the community's view on each of the CS:GO servers in general, which one was liked the least by the general population.

Not in some pursuit to free up gamebox space.