Sign in to follow this  
BLiNDBoi

Team NoBlock and Slot Increase Discussion and Poll

48 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Team NoBlock on the server?

2. 2. Do you want to increase number of slots on the server?

I've been on a server where they had a temporary noblock at the beginning of the rounds for 10 seconds. At the end of the ten second noblock period people would "solidify" however instead of getting stuck into one another, you simply were pushed out of one another and unable to enter another teammate. Its a feasible idea, and would get rid of the entire issue with people getting stuck.

I think we should just leave the server as it is, people should just deal with it. Hopefully no asshole team mates block on purpose but why mess with something that is working. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

The server was not crashing due to a lack of spawn positions, it was crashing due to random memory leaks and errors from the huge amount of plugins on the server. As you may or may not know, every race on the server is it's own plugin and a lot of buffs, engine hooks...etc have their own plugins. Due to this, War3 is MUCH slower and eats more resources than WCS. With this issue and with servers like Zombie Escape and Jailbreak eating up a lot of the processing power on half of our cores, means that it's unlikely that we would be able to create a second Warcraft 3 server without either optimizing or upgrading our server (as you suggested earlier). Unfortunately, we were planning on upgrading the CPU our gameserver box uses, but the cost of upgrading it was simply too high at the time (~$80/mo).

The invisible gun glitch is caused by the excessive use of SMLib and SDKHooks. Regular SourceMod plugins do not cause this bug. Unfortunately we simply can't fix this bug on our own.

thanks for explaining; i've only recently started looking into the sourcemod code for races/plugins and it disgusts me (because i hate programming, no valid reasons) but that does explain things better for me. 

All I remember from experience is that server 1 had team noblock off and server 2 had it on. I heard constant complains of people wanting team noblock on in server 1 , but on server 2, I NEVER heard a single player saying to turn off noblock.

I want team noblock on because I know it will do more good than bad based on my experience with both types of Noblocks on wcs.

The slots should remain the same, it reduces the load on the servers and it creates anticipation and population, which is never a bad thing. Plus it makes buying a reserved slot that much better.

Edited by HornyCat

No block has soo many better pros then cons in the general day in and day out of the game. People not getting stuck being the primary issue. Lets the maps with small spawns get flushed sooner and not let 1 afk player completely ruin everyone elses rush. In the evening time the server stays full and is super hard to get into. Increasing it to a 32 slot with 2 reserve I think would help boost the server some and help keep players flowing on and off.

lol kinda sad if you can't get around a guy in wcs :P

This isn't about getting around 1 dude. I don't care how skillful you are, you are not getting out of t spawn on icewerk, or ct spawn on de_dust 2 in 1 or 2 seconds if you start all the way in the back. I'm not going to air strafe around everyone like a maniac to get out of spawn; it's unnecessary and it ruins the flow and the fast paced nature of the warcraft mod.

Another common problem is tight spaces. Once again Icewerk is an example of this, for example, corridor to B bombsite. I see a nade chucked at me and what do I do? I turn left and teleport out of the doorway, oh wait, there is a dude blocking me, so on top of the teammate blocking me being screwed, I'm screwed as well. These are really common situations that frustrate players.

Edited by HornyCat

Please add noblock.... Terrible trying to get out of t spawn on inferno when cts have little to no problems... I'm talking about longjump here...

lol if u can't get out of spawn then maybe you should just quit :P

/>

Please add noblock.... Terrible trying to get out of t spawn on inferno when cts have little to no problems... I'm talking about longjump here...

You have to realize that it's a map intended for 5v5's, not so much 14v14's. Does adding noblock solve this temporary issue? Yes, but at the same time it adds issues with having teammates blocking you from shooting/throwing nades at enemies.

Would you rather be able to get out of spawn a few seconds faster? Or would you rather actually be able to kill enemies without teammates screwing up your crit nades.

You have to realize that it's a map intended for 5v5's, not so much 14v14's. Does adding noblock solve this temporary issue? Yes, but at the same time it adds issues with having teammates blocking you from shooting/throwing nades at enemies.

Would you rather be able to get out of spawn a few seconds faster? Or would you rather actually be able to kill enemies without teammates screwing up your crit nades.

The fuckers find their way into the path of my nades anyway...

So far most of the people who are "fuck noblock" don't really explain their reason why other then no or just "you suck if you need it". nade blocking and teammates taking bullets happens just as much now as it will when noblock exists. Players new or old should not have to fight to get out of their own spawn and not every race has speed/LJ/fly etc to assist in getting out of spawn. I say do the noblock plugin for like a week see how the server still feels about it and then go from there.

The fuckers find their way into the path of my nades anyway...

+1

There goes my one molotov for the round (*gasp* I use them tactically?!)...

Edited by Mr_Oob

NoBlock in CSS I remember if a team mate ran through you, your aim would get messed up or the recoil, causing you to not hit your enemies. I don't know if it'll be the same issue in CS:GO and I already have a hard enough time getting reg/hitting the enemies, I don't need my team mates going through me and making it harder. That's why I voted no for noblock

NoBlock in CSS I remember if a team mate ran through you, your aim would get messed up or the recoil, causing you to not hit your enemies. I don't know if it'll be the same issue in CS:GO and I already have a hard enough time getting reg/hitting the enemies, I don't need my team mates going through me and making it harder. That's why I voted no for noblock

Explaining your vote against does help the discussion :D so thanks.

It is not so much as your aim is getting messed up for being in team mates, but rather that your team mate is shooting and may be hitting you causing your aim to get messed up. Ever had a holy paladin shoot you to heal you and your aim gets all screwy? Perhaps you'll change your vote because it is not noblock that is causing that problem, but rather just team mates hitting you which can happen regardless of noblock being on the server or not ;D.