Sign in to follow this  
n2fwa

Auto-team balance

Ive personally noticed a lot of times that the best indicator of a player's strength at the moment on the server is their total points. If there was a way to start from the top for all the players and randomly assign a 1 or 2 to each player and just make sure there are the same number of 1s and 2s I think that would work.

The current scrambler works based on score from what I read a while ago.

Hm, if thats true it doesn't work all the time. I've seen the total score on one team adding up to 200 with the other team total score around 75 after scramble.

It's not total score it scrambles based on how many wins Ts and Cts have and once it hits +/- 4 it kicks on and starts scrambling to make it so the scoreboard tries to end with 10-10 score at the end of the map

That's absolutely not true, because yesterday we were on westwood and the teams scrambled to put the five top killers on the server on one team. Our team had maybe 2.5x more kills than the other team. It was slaughter. I'm like 80% sure it scrambles randomly right now, can a coder check in for us here?

Is it not possible to find the old team balance command code?

The old code didn't really work too great either, worked a little bit better, after a couple tries lol.

As a server officer, you are considered to be a staff member by the community.

So...where are they on the "staff" section of the forums?  :^)

3WWHgyJ.jpg

We are still discussing the importance of choosing your SOs correctly and how it affects the balance, and by extension, the fun people have in the server, since after we remove this god awful script, we're gonna have to balance them manually

you aren't getting SO unless you wear tags every time you're on the server

when it comes time for Sketch and IAF to pick the SO's for the servers, The server will have multiple dedicated SO's for it. Sooo many people want the position, and most of those people wear the tags without receiving admin, unlike you where you're only willing to wear them if you get admin. I understand you have "experience" but so do many others that wear the tags all the time.

this. they will be notified within ~3 days, and it's people that actually want to represent sG on our servers.

as for the rest of the thread so far: the scrambler is random. that is a fact. it isn't based on score, and it isn't out to get you. it is completely random. when SOs are chosen, i'll see about getting the plugin removed and having people manually balance the teams, but until SOs are chosen (soon), no. it isn't a guarantee that the plugin will be removed either since it isn't even my server or my duty to say what plugins stay and go, but i will suggest it. 

The current plugin the server uses is this one https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1685854. It says right in the description of the plugin

Tired of unbalanced teams during the whole map? You want people to be able to play with different teamates on the same map (also works with jailbreak-like)? That is how this plugin become useful. It is all about team scrambling (NOT balancing). This means fun situation can happen, but it can also be used to break "imba" teams. 

The "can be used to break "imba" teams" seems to not work when its a WC3 server. The reason I suggested another plugin https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1720530 which does pretty much the same thing is that the other plugin might use a different system of scrambling cause the current one only seems to move the top players from 1 team to the other team which is not really a scramble in my eyes. I don't see it hurting to try the other plugin as the current one is pretty crappy so this new one will either be just as crappy or might be better but we'll never know until we try it.

This plugin seems to be the only one I can find that says it will balance on team score and player K/D ratio so this one might also be worth a try 

H-Balance (Team balancer) https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1869075

Feature list:

* automatic teambalance on round end (round based mode) / player death (continous mode)
* adjusts team sizes on imbalance and swaps players on team strengh difference
* team balance is calculated based on team score and players kill/death ratio 
* designed NOT to anoy single players by repeatedly swapping them around
* supports CS:GO
* NEW: supports games with respawning like TF2 or DOD

Edited by Fetterolf

3WWHgyJ.jpg

That was obviously not what I was referring to, look at the section named "Staff" next to "Bans" on the top right

...see any SOs yet?  :^)

At least go all the way if you're going to acknowledge them! You know, back when I was SO, everyone was listed in that section!

There would be no point to put on the tag to represent the community if the community itself doesn't want to represent you...

you aren't getting SO unless you wear tags every time you're on the server

So if I start wearing it as of today, will I be eligible for SO? Please respond asap, I have to prepare myself mentally

Edited by Lemon Chan

That was obviously not what I was referring to, look at the section named "Staff" next to "Bans" on the top right

...see any SOs yet?  :^)

At least go all the way if you're going to acknowledge them! You know, back when I was SO, everyone was listed in that section!

i don't manage that page, or else they would be. take it up with my supervisor pls.

if you wear tags you might get it in the future, but not within 3 days. less shit talk about sG more tag wearing

i don't manage that page, or else they would be. take it up with my supervisor pls.

Right, I'll contact the server officer manager, you'll be hearing news of me soon