Sign in to follow this  
n2fwa

Auto-team balance

In a pick and choose environment, you choose the person who shows the best premise, there is no reason to choose someone lesser when there is a better, more capable option right in front of you, as I have proven times and times again in the time I was SO. As I have already suggested, I could put up the tag whenever I play on the server if you people wish so, but I don't think it's necessary to have it 24/7. I'm actually flabbergasted that it's an unwritten requirement.

Server Officer Guidelines

(adapted from VA Guidelines)

• All Server Officers must abide and enforce the sG global rules, and the rules appropriate towards their server. Any conflicts between SOs must be brought up to an Advisor or JCS.
  • All Server Officers may only use their authority in their respective servers, they may use their authority on other servers IF there isn't another SO on that server and they know the rules.
  • Any legitimate admin abuse complaints in game is grounds for your Server Officer status to be removed/put on probation up to an indefinite amount of time.
  • All Server Officers are required to wear the [sO] tag at the end of their name (sort of how sG members are required to have their sG tags on). This is only exempt if you are going undercover, but don't abuse this excuse.
  • All Server Officers are encouraged to continue their admin subscription/support subscription with sG. Any financial contribution from you guys is greatly appreciated.
  • Remember, the SOs are an extension of staff. You are our representatives to the community. Please be on your best behavior and represent sG when you use your authority in our servers.
  • The sG Staff reserves the right to remove and promote SOs at any time for any reason. We take community input, but remember we have the final say on everyone who is on and off the team.
  • These rules are subject to change at any time for any reason as the sG staff deem reasonable.
  • All SOs are to conduct themselves across ALL mediums in an appropriate manner. Any SO who becomes globally banned, will be grounds for dismissal from their respective SO position.
  • As a server officer, you are considered to be a staff member by the community. As so, people will watch you and follow you. In-game, you may only have sG tags, no other clan tags are allowed. The only exceptions are for clans which are affiliated with sG. If you are unsure of this, please see any Joint Chief of Staff for a final say
  • Please refrain from banning based on complaint department ban requests and appeals.

rules number 4 and 10 imply it. if you don't want to wear sG tags on sG servers, then you aren't going to become an SO. it's that simple. i'm pretty sure every single staff member would agree with me on this. 

I didn't, I was told to apply for SO and I did, I had no plans of getting it before I joined

Uhm yeah?

Forums got boring

You think SO is a privilege?

Let me tell you boy, it isn't. You have to constantly evaluate the players, what race they are on and how they perform usually, which in turn requires you to be a regular to use your powers to please the biggest amount of players, if you want the correct balance to take effect. The current script is flawed in the sense that it's random, which is basically why the critical thinking of SOs is essential and is in demand right now, applications being discussed as we speak. If using "cash" for my personal benefit is what you are hinting at, there are enough paidmins and other community members of various ranks who give them out regularly and there are at least 1 or 2 on at all times during peak hours.

So why are you applying, you're asking? That's because I'm passionate about the mod and the efforts people have put into to make it worthwhile, the sg wcs/war3 servers being arguably the best in the counter-strike scene. I honestly think the whole tag shit required to be able to become SO is downright retarded but if it's loyalty marked by insignificant tags you're looking for then I want nothing to do with that.

That being said, please, PLEASE, if you do the mistake of not choosing me, do NOT give it to this guy right here, I beg you from the very bottom of my soul

I dunno, you kind of contradict yourself. You say that the tags are insignificant, that they don't matter, and to an extent I agree - Is only game - but at the same time, if they don't matter, why not wear them? If you really think sG's servers are the best (Like I do, it's why I'm here) then why not show your support of sG? It isn't hard to put two letters in front of your name.

I dunno, you kind of contradict yourself. You say that the tags are insignificant, that they don't matter, and to an extent I agree - Is only game - but at the same time, if they don't matter, why not wear them? If you really think sG's servers are the best (Like I do, it's why I'm here) then why not show your support of sG? It isn't hard to put two letters in front of your name.

Name like I said earlier he only applied to sG for free admin when he was basically guaranteed SO after he joined and now that he can't get SO to WAR3 and refuses to wear tags or even participate in the forum or pretty much any sG server he is throwing a bitch fit wont get SO again and is basically implying Sketch is sabotaging WAR3 with refusing to give him SO.

Name like I said earlier he only applied to sG for free admin

Shut the fuck up.

I dunno, you kind of contradict yourself. You say that the tags are insignificant, that they don't matter, and to an extent I agree - Is only game - but at the same time, if they don't matter, why not wear them?

The WHOLE point I'm trying to convey here is that I shouldn't be disallowed to become SO when I have omitted to wear the tags on multiple occasions. It's absolutely ridiculous. I already was before, I did my job flawlessly, there's absolutely no reason for not to to get it again when you have seen the extent of my impartiality. I have already given tons of reasons as to why I want and as to why you should give me SO. If you want things done right do them yourself, they say

basically implying Sketch is sabotaging WAR3 with refusing to give him SO.

It basically is, yeah

he is throwing a bitch fit

you have never fought for what you believe in, you make me sick to my stomach

guys server officers

it's not about the prestige it's about the message

As a server officer, you are considered to be a staff member by the community.

So...where are they on the "staff" section of the forums?  :^)

Edited by Lemon Chan

basically implying Sketch is sabotaging WAR3 with refusing to give him SO.

It basically is, yeah

PS REMOVE THIS DOUBLE POST

Edited by Lemon Chan

This definitely changed topic very fast. I don't think this topic is supposed to talk about SO..

Team balance is related to SOs, they hold the powers to change someone from a team to another, they were required back in wcs as well to ensure someone wasn't changing teams to mess up the balance or left after the 24:4 race whoring limit only to come back again on the same race. We already discussed why the script was flawed, you haven't read the thread.

Edited by Lemon Chan

Team balance is related to SOs, they hold the powers to change someone from a team to another, they were required back in wcs as well to ensure someone wasn't changing teams to mess up the balance or left after the 24:4 race whoring limit only to come back again on the same race. We already discussed why the script was flawed, you haven't read the thread.

I read some of the thread, I just didn't read the argument between you and Evilhunter etc because I actually couldn't be bothered reading it all other than some bits. I understand that SOs are related to team balance and I know that the script doesn't work properly.

I read some of the thread, I just didn't read the argument between you and Evilhunter etc because I actually couldn't be bothered reading it all other than some bits. I understand that SOs are related to team balance and I know that the script doesn't work properly.

It changed topics once he gave sketch that 3 days bullshit about 3 days left in July to make me SO and is basically implying WAR3 is being sabotaged by sketch by not giving him SO.

It changed topics

We are still discussing the importance of choosing your SOs correctly and how it affects the balance, and by extension, the fun people have in the server, since after we remove this god awful script, we're gonna have to balance them manually

The job of an SO is more than just balancing teams, as that is only a minor part of the job. Yes, it is in the best interest of an SO to do so but not necessarily should be their main concern.

We are still discussing the importance of choosing your SOs correctly and how it affects the balance, and by extension, the fun people have in the server, since after we remove this god awful script, we're gonna have to balance them manually

I think you think too highly of yourself...

I'm pretty positive WAR3 will go on without you bud.

Back on topic, is there a scrambler that takes score into account? (even # of points on each team, preferably with a normal distribution).

The job of an SO is more than just balancing teams, as that is only a minor part of the job. Yes, it is in the best interest of an SO to do so but not necessarily should be their main concern.

I agree with you on that but this isn't the topic of this thread

Let it be known though that I already know all about SO's duties

I think you think too highly of yourself...

I'm just realistic, I have experience to back it up, I don't get how you would sense this from me just from this thread

I'm pretty positive WAR3 will go on without you bud.

It will, I'm just reaching out, once again, to the war3 sG community and allowing them to take that opportunity, would they want their servers to have a dedicated SO that knows what he is doing and has experience

whether they take that opportunity or not is up to them

Edited by Lemon Chan

Within a week, the SOs for Wc3 hopefully will be selected if not already and notified of their duties. For the most part, some of us are just waiting for the news of becoming an SO to come around.

it's not about the prestige it's about the message

Yeah I understand that, I'm apparently the herpes that this community needs.

ONTOPIC:

Every time the teams need balanced the script kinda just takes top players and switches them, and some of the lower players. Admins(hopefully) will be able to further balance the teams and people will quit complaining.

I personally been tuned away from the server because of the auto balance. Lately, I'm been in the middle scorer and seems to be always stuck on the losing team. Generally, my patience is good but even I will have to walk away from it.

when it comes time for Sketch and IAF to pick the SO's for the servers, The server will have multiple dedicated SO's for it. Sooo many people want the position, and most of those people wear the tags without receiving admin, unlike you where you're only willing to wear them if you get admin. I understand you have "experience" but so do many others that wear the tags all the time.

when it comes time for Sketch and IAF to pick the SO's for the servers, The server will have multiple dedicated SO's for it. Sooo many people want the position, and most of those people wear the tags without receiving admin, unlike you where you're only willing to wear them if you get admin.

If having worn the tag during the time I was on war3 is such a big issue, which I think it is not, then it can't be helped

You can look up the gameme link of my account when I was on wcs, I had SO on and off yet it was never brought up anytime, anywhere

http://sg.gameme.com/playerinfo/259539

I understand you have "experience" but so do many others that wear the tags all the time.

I wouldn't be worried about it, and thus, wouldn't apply if I trusted them, I'm a regular so I would know, after all

the current SOs of the different servers haven't made any efforts to balance the teams, but they can be excused because of the current script messing up the concept entirely even if they were do it something

Edited by Lemon Chan

/>

Back on topic, is there a scrambler that takes score into account? (even # of points on each team, preferably with a normal distribution).

Ive personally noticed a lot of times that the best indicator of a player's strength at the moment on the server is their total points. If there was a way to start from the top for all the players and randomly assign a 1 or 2 to each player and just make sure there are the same number of 1s and 2s I think that would work.