Sign in to follow this  
cookie eater

Why no more "No Balls" Rule???

The concept of the "no balls" rule was being overly enforced and being very unreasonable at times.

The fact that people were instantly ct'ing people with even a slight bit of squeak to their voice was becoming a major problem. The no-balls rule was put in place to account for little kids that were being very annoying, not for kids that are legitimately trying to learn to warden by being warden and getting instantly ct'd.

You may try to argue that the little kids don't know the rules, but you are ignoring the fact that they aren't even being given a chance to show that they can be competent ct's if they are instantly getting ct'd. If their mic is terrible or if they are being idiotic in the orders they are giving, you don't need to ct them for no balls at that point, rather just ct them for being complete dumb asses and have them go read the motd. The no-balls rule was just a "get out of trouble" card for paid admins who didn't want to try to justify a reason behind ct'ing someone.

All in all, I do support this rule removal, since there are numerous other reasons you can ct someone for to the point that the no-balls rule was just being overly-enforced.

My take on this: If they know the rules and are trying to be good ct's and are trying to learn the ropes of being on ct, don't jump the gun at ct'ing them unless they do something completely stupid, and if so slay & explain to them what they did wrong. I'd rather have kids learning the ropes of being on ct and come back and play more than them getting mad at what seems like an unjust ct, then leaving and not coming back.

Every single post I've seen Spell make recently has been some multi-paragraph essay that I'm never going to read.

When you were their age, wasn't it shitty when people got on you for your voice being the same? Some kids are legit. Then you get alot, (Mostly I have seen in ZE), that will start blasting the mic like it's Call of Shitty.

If they are legit trying to have fun with them game, then let them stay.

My wife was also CT'd for no balls, think about those womens rights!

It's not about kids being young and breaking the rules. It's about their high voices being so fucking obnoxious it drives other people to angrily break the rules.

I removed the rule. By no means should you instantly mute someone with a high pitch voice. Most of you were muting people who just had raspy voices that were probably 17 or 18 years old. If they start spamming, constantly being annoying, or in jailbreaks case have no idea what they are doing then restrict and mute them. If they are talking to themselves or being overly loud, warn them first then mute if they continue.

When did we change our name to =eGo=?

Every single post I've seen Spell make recently has been some multi-paragraph essay that I'm never going to read.

To be fair, most of my posts have always been rather long when it is even a somewhat "serious" topic. It's just most of those posts got lost in one of our roll backs, so quite a few of these "multi-paragraph posts" got lost. I'm sorry that I put a small bit of thought into each of my posts, rather than being overly minimalistic.

It's not about kids being young and breaking the rules. It's about their high voices being so fucking obnoxious it drives other people to angrily break the rules.

If their voices are such an issue that majority of the server is in total objection-- and not just trolling-- then feel free to ask them to either quiet down or mute them. Obviously if they are wardening on jb, and know the rules don't do this. I honestly have more of an issue with people who can't tolerate a bit of no balls that they'd "angrily break the rules." There is some play within the current rules to be up to admin discretion but the old "insta ct for no balls" was way too much.

I mean, it is rather hard to specify in regards to what you are referring to without having some decent examples. Granted, all of the examples that come to my mind are from JB, where the no-balls kids generally don't want to play on ct due to the ridicule that they will receive. For ZE/MG/Surf/wcs, if they keep spamming like they normally do, then feel free to mute them. Most of them quiet down after a mute and warning.

I am all for muting obnoxious people. If they have a high pitched voice and choose to scream into the mic then I approve of them being muting. If they begin narrating their life then I also approve of a mute, but both of these conditions are universal for any pitch voice. My point is there are many people who have high pitch voices rather it be people with raspy voices, girls, or even younger teenagers who are polite and understand the rules and are muted instantly by admins. If someone's voice is really high it should not bother you unless your volume is too high or they are literally screaming. 

This isn't eGo. If a high pitch screaming kid is oblivious to any sort of comprehensible speech and or the server rules please feel free to mute them.

Edited by Shadow

It's pretty important to consider that no one wants to take orders from someone who sounds like they haven't hit puberty, because that's when the T's start analysing what they're doing with their lives. It just sounds like total shit.

Sure, sometimes the rule got a bit spastic, like when there was a girl around, and people would bend "when balls haven't dropped" to "if you don't possess a pair of balls no mic lol" but I was pretty glad for it nonetheless. To me, it was pretty effective at summing up the differences between sG and eGO. I'm still gonna mute a screaming squeaker.

MMK :)

Muting de annoying ones,

I wasnt muting everyone with a high pitched voice, ROFL is fucking amazing.

Edited by cookie eater

/>

MMK :)

Muting de annoying ones,

I wasnt muting everyone with a high pitched voice, ROFL is fucking amazing.

You kidding me? There was no way in hell ROFL could have joined the ct team he was immediately called out and ctd just cause everyone wanted to fuck with him.