Sign in to follow this  
cookie eater

Why no more "No Balls" Rule???

From my experience, most of the no-balls I seen are rude or don't know the rules and end free-killing a lot of people.

Besides, who will follow a warden that has no balls? It makes it less fun. I don't really like it when admins quickly switch their teams when they hear the person's voice.

There's some good CT's that has no-balls out there. Just don't be so strict.

From my experience, most of the no-balls I seen are rude or don't know the rules and end free-killing a lot of people.

Besides, who will follow a warden that has no balls? It makes it less fun. I don't really like it when admins quickly switch their teams when they hear the person's voice.

It is honestly impossible to figure out what argument you're trying to make here.

The concept of the "no balls" rule was being overly enforced and being very unreasonable at times.

The fact that people were instantly ct'ing people with even a slight bit of squeak to their voice was becoming a major problem. The no-balls rule was put in place to account for little kids that were being very annoying, not for kids that are legitimately trying to learn to warden by being warden and getting instantly ct'd.

You may try to argue that the little kids don't know the rules, but you are ignoring the fact that they aren't even being given a chance to show that they can be competent ct's if they are instantly getting ct'd. If their mic is terrible or if they are being idiotic in the orders they are giving, you don't need to ct them for no balls at that point, rather just ct them for being complete dumb asses and have them go read the motd. The no-balls rule was just a "get out of trouble" card for paid admins who didn't want to try to justify a reason behind ct'ing someone.

All in all, I do support this rule removal, since there are numerous other reasons you can ct someone for to the point that the no-balls rule was just being overly-enforced.

My take on this: If they know the rules and are trying to be good ct's and are trying to learn the ropes of being on ct, don't jump the gun at ct'ing them unless they do something completely stupid, and if so slay & explain to them what they did wrong. I'd rather have kids learning the ropes of being on ct and come back and play more than them getting mad at what seems like an unjust ct, then leaving and not coming back.

Edited by Spell
Left a complete sentence out.

I honestly don't mind the rule removal considering I've always had my fun with the little kids on there instead of clenching my but cheeks and going all high ho hitler on their ass by CTing them when there is not really a valid excuse.

All-in-all if you don't like the way they sound or they're just being obnoxious (because they're kids) just mute them until they give a valid reason to be CTed, although I have seen a slight increase in freekills, it's still fun though

/>

What are you even arguing? You start off by saying no balls are bad and should be ctd, then you say they shouldn't be ctd.

I was on once with this no balls kid, I forgot his name, but he was actually TRYING to play the game and he knew the rules (was a cutie patooti). IMO, if they're actually trying to give orders and not being annoying and shit, they should be given a chance. Most admins are assholes and jump the gun. "NO BALLS? RESTRICTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!" It's like starting kids young when it comes to sports. They may be noob, but they will learn. 

I was on once with this no balls kid, I forgot his name, but he was actually TRYING to play the game and he knew the rules (was a cutie patooti). IMO, if they're actually trying to give orders and not being annoying and shit, they should be given a chance. Most admins are assholes and jump the gun. "NO BALLS? RESTRICTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!" It's like starting kids young when it comes to sports. They may be noob, but they will learn. 

This.

Admins who keep pestering people in JB who they know have no balls to talk just so they can CT them are stupid. Albeit a good 75% of the time the fact younger players don't know the rules, there are a few who actually TRY to warden and understand the rules. We have a lot of people on CT who, even though they are capable, they don't bother even trying to warden.

I removed the rule. By no means should you instantly mute someone with a high pitch voice. Most of you were muting people who just had raspy voices that were probably 17 or 18 years old. If they start spamming, constantly being annoying, or in jailbreaks case have no idea what they are doing then restrict and mute them. If they are talking to themselves or being overly loud, warn them first then mute if they continue.

Edited by Shadow