Sign in to follow this  
splewis

Stutter-step / rubber-band "lag"

Too bad this only works for people playing on wireless.

Weird, when I had a wired connection my game was fine. On a wireless connection right now that causes the lag badly. I thought all of the people with the issue were on wireless!

I've heard it's because of this update last week:

Added a server convar "sv_maxusrcmdprocessticks" to limit maximum number of user commands backlog, defaulting at 3; observed player speed by others will now always be within max movement speed even when user is cheating, experiencing high packet loss or exteremely low fps.

Someone on the server yesterday was saying that cl_cmdrate 128 fixed his rubberbanding, but if your FPS isn't high enough that might not help you.

I've heard it's because of this update last week:

Added a server convar "sv_maxusrcmdprocessticks" to limit maximum number of user commands backlog, defaulting at 3; observed player speed by others will now always be within max movement speed even when user is cheating, experiencing high packet loss or exteremely low fps.

Someone on the server yesterday was saying that cl_cmdrate 128 fixed his rubberbanding, but if your FPS isn't high enough that might not help you.

Yeah that was me, but to be honest that wasn't the only setting I changed. Someone in that reddit topic had posted their net code settings so I had changed some of mine to match his but I'm pretty sure my cl_cmdrate was the issue because for whatever reason it was set at 10 and not the default 64.

Looks like it should be fixed shortly: http://www.reddit.co...nd_explanation/

It wasn't necessarily a wireless issue, but an issue where packets could not be sent quickly enough.

The Wednesday update will fix it for most people whose dropped packets and ping fluctuations don't exceed 125 ms.

Edited by splewis