Sign in to follow this  
Dyscivist

tfw you learn that everyone you play competitive with uses walls

I was wondering why they all went from being pretty much on my level to or maybe a bit worse than me to being insanely good. Also, sketch, how do I be good?

Edited by Dyscivist

the quick way? dl walls

the long way? play often, try new things instead of just repeating what you've been doing. dl demos from esea and watch the top player for that match (open or intermediate, MAYBE MAIN, but not invite-level matches as you won't be playing their setups or anything even close to it in a matchmaking game). learn how to control bursting (ak is a 2 shot/3 shot burst gun, m4 is 3ish shot).

map awareness, radar awareness. if your teammate dies or your teammate kills someone and they didn't call it, you better look at your radar and count dots/question marks/x's. if you hear someone coming to where you're playing, call it, better safe than sorry.

use headset (or headphones since you dont like headsets) and learn what material sounds like what (like dust2 ct spawn, sort of sounds like cat, you have to know where you actually hear them. lower on nuke sounds like metal grates, etc etc) and learn the depth of sounds (i guess, bad wording. but learn how far/close they are just from hearing). learn the sounds of the game in general.

learn how to peek corners, what corners you have the advantage, what corners the peeker has the advantage, and learn what you can spray through. learn when to prefire.

when you see a flash, you better have some muscle memory of turning around (GO flashes are awful in a good way, they can last up to like 5 seconds of pure white, 7 if you include the aftermath where you can barely see/hear).

learn how to control sprays and when you should/shouldn't spray. spraying can be an awful habit. don't move when you're shooting. crouching can help, but only crouch when you aren't having to strafe. learn how to strafe in-between bursting.

learn how to navigate maps the easiest (like practically be able to call anything at any time (i.e. you rush long and hear no one mid? call a b rush. if you get lurked on, tell your teammates how many are lurking and if they should rotate or not), recall a map blindfolded (not really blindfolded, but you know what i mean), just shit like that), and think like your opponent.

don't re-peek everything, as it is the easiest way to die without ever getting a frag (re-peeking is a shitty habit and you're a scrub if you do it against people that are substantially better than you). if you are confident in getting the frag, go for it, but don't trust yourself every single time. it's only necessary sometimes.

just things that came to my mind. obviously there's more, but that's all i can really think of off of the top of my head. also, just the dot crosshair might not be the best thing, but i guess it's because i've never used/tried it. i do strongly recommend dling demos from matches.

Edited by Sketchmaticx

I know quite a lot of people who wall. I used to but then I learned it's fucking pointless wrecking each game and it takes the fun out of it, and you're just being a complete douche. The only reason I use them now is if I encounter other hackers. Using speed hacks against other speed hackers can turn out quite fun. inb4 hated on

just the dot crosshair might not be the best thing

I don't understand why.

it just seems small to me, but if it's working for you, i can't argue. i've never actually tried it. a quick problem is that it doesn't seem to be that translucent. if someone is hiding behind like box at b (behind car), you probably wouldn't be able to see his head if your crosshair was over that spot. a quick glance and you may just mistake it as your crosshair. obviously you'd have to see his head before you ever put your crosshair there, and it would probably only happen like once every say 10 matches, but i would still recommend a regular crosshair with a small dot in the middle.

also, fixed this thread so people can see it. only staff/SO could see it before. i guess posts were meant to be in the server forums, but oh well, who cares.

Edited by Sketchmaticx

I don't understand why.

Dynamic feedback is much better than a static crosshair, in my opinion. Let's you know when your accuracy is closest to 100%, and you recoil is more stabilized.

I don't understand why.

Dynamic feedback is much better than a static crosshair, in my opinion. Let's you know when your accuracy is closest to 100%, and you recoil is more stabilized.

or you can just use static and learn when recoil is stabilized by yourself. i haven't used dynamic since like 08. i dont even think they had static in source for a long time, but i just used cl_crosshairscale 10000 and didn't worry about that shit going everywhere and bothering the fuck outta me.

learning the recoil is probably one of the easier things. it's just timing.

I feel like you will always run into hackers in cs:go matchmaking unless you get ESEA. I'd get it but i'm not nearly good enough to spend the money for it.

I feel like you will always run into hackers in cs:go matchmaking unless you get ESEA. I'd get it but i'm not nearly good enough to spend the money for it.

pls tell that to the people with like 6 RWS that i get every pug. RWS is what ranks a player on ESEA. http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=support&d=faq&id=212

the top players have about 16-18 RWS, the average player probably has about 10. these kids that have 5-6 RWS on average should be ranked like one-two stars in matchmaking. it's absolutely ridiculous.

pls tell that to the people with like 6 RWS that i get every pug. RWS is what ranks a player on ESEA. http://play.esea.net...rt&d=faq&id=212

the top players have about 16-18 RWS, the average player probably has about 10. these kids that have 5-6 RWS on average should be ranked like one-two stars in matchmaking. it's absolutely ridiculous.

pls tell that to the people with like 6 RWS that i get every pug. RWS is what ranks a player on ESEA. http://play.esea.net...rt&d=faq&id=212

I don't know what a RWS is.

Your numbers don't make sense. If there's 5 people on a team, and 100 points are handed out, the good players should have more than 20.

Your numbers don't make sense. If there's 5 people on a team, and 100 points are handed out, the good players should have more than 20.

You only get RWS when you win a round. You don't 16-0 every single pug with over 120 ADR every single round, assuming the bomb is planted a few times and not by you.

Unless, you know, you wall... but then you aren't really a professional, just a bitch.

You only get RWS when you win a round. You don't 16-0 every single pug with over 120 ADR every single round, assuming the bomb is planted a few times and not by you.

Unless, you know, you wall... but then you aren't really a professional, just a bitch.

Oh ok, you mean 16-18 RWS average across every round.