Sign in to follow this  
Jiyeon

CS:GO Crosshair Preferences

I'm currently just using the default one, but I am curious to see what everyone else uses. I thought about changing em to be more like classic 1.6 or to something else. Anyways, post what you're using if you guys use custom crosshair settings.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=118306955

The way you see my reticle in that screenshot is the way I have it most of the time.

Magic pinks can be seen clearly in the dark and in the light, so it's perfect.

Also, I find I'm much more used to the classic reticle, so I way prefer it.

Edited by camelFun

I tried out the classic + dot w/ dynamic on and I think it's aight. I'm not sure what color I want to use. I have bad eyes and I need something that sticks out but doesn't make my eyes sore at the same time.. the green is alright, kind of wondering if there's something better. I can't see white or yellow on d2.. so that's probably no.

Also, I am gonna try static one of these days, but out of curiosity, for those that use it, what are the advantages? Or is it simply preference?

I tried out the classic + dot w/ dynamic on and I think it's aight. I'm not sure what color I want to use. I have bad eyes and I need something that sticks out but doesn't make my eyes sore at the same time.. the green is alright, kind of wondering if there's something better. I can't see white or yellow on d2.. so that's probably no.

Also, I am gonna try static one of these days, but out of curiosity, for those that use it, what are the advantages? Or is it simply preference?

Dynamic is pointless imo. It doesn't give any sort of accurate indication of where your spread is going to go. IMO you should just use static and learn spray patterns, rather than rely on your crosshair to tell you.

Dynamic is pointless imo. It doesn't give any sort of accurate indication of where your spread is going to go. IMO you should just use static and learn spray patterns, rather than rely on your crosshair to tell you.

Well, that's not really why I use dynamic, as stated before it's a matter of I've been using it for over 10 years since 1.5. Also, I don't watch the dynamic for spray patterns, the most i look at it for is when I'm strafe-bursting to show when I've properly stopped in movement to burst. That may be dumb, but it essentially came about from when I was playing Day of Defeat and strafe-shooting while using a Garand or Kar. Lastly, spray patterns in go are a joke. There's a pattern, sure, but then there is randomness within that pattern. Spraying after like 10 bullets on a rifle is pretty junk imo.

Edited by Jiyeon

What settings did you to do get it to be just the dot? I'd actually like to try that out.

While using the classic crosshair:

cl_crosshairsize 0

cl_crosshairdot 1

Other stuff:

cl_crosshaircolor 5

cl_crosshaircolor_r 255

cl_crosshaircolor_g 0

cl_crosshaircolor_b 255

cl_crosshairalpha 255

cl_crosshairthickness 1 (I can't remember what my thickness is set at)

What settings did you to do get it to be just the dot? I'd actually like to try that out.

While using the classic crosshair:

cl_crosshairsize 0

cl_crosshairdot 1

Other stuff:

cl_crosshaircolor 5

cl_crosshaircolor_r 255

cl_crosshaircolor_g 0

cl_crosshaircolor_b 255

cl_crosshairalpha 255

cl_crosshairthickness 1 (I can't remember what my thickness is set at)

Cool. Thanks for the info; gonna try it out tomorrow.