Sign in to follow this  
ChosenOne2000

Staff Leaks

[12/24/2012 10:14:44 PM] *** Ctark removed Stefan from this conversation. ***

lel

Most likely because of this:

I think the main issue to giving the access to that out is it's under the system > hooks.

So you could fuck with ALOT of critical settings. And I believe it's all or nothing when it comes to that particular access.

But what kind of person would mess with something that they're not supposed to after we trusted them with that kind of access...

^^^^ Jason upvoted this

g there is some kind of other meaning to this statement, but im just not getting it.

ctark essentially had full access to a bunch of shit as the MC engineer and gave himself a bunch of permissions he didn't need. He explained that he was testing if it was possible to Jason. He didn't tell us beforehand though, and Jason discovered it.

^^^^ Jason upvoted this

Just so we can be clear, what happened was I found a security vulnerability with IPB, when Mitch promoted me to ADV to begin with. (long story short I had more access than JCS) I investigated it, determined what steps you would have to take to reproduce the issue, verified that I could promoted say a test account to have full JCS / administrator privileges on the forums, and then sent a PM to both Mitch AND Jason, outlining the steps I took, and what they needed to do to prevent it. I also made a post in the ADV forum on what NOT to do when fucking with another staff members account.

The second time was after the rollback, when ADV's and ENG's had more access than JCS due to a permissions error, and we had a few ADV/ENG users who we had removed from staff, have access again. I couldn't edit them directly due to permissions, so I promoted myself, fixed the access issue, so only JCS had access (until mitch/jason could sort out permissions issues) and then informed both Mitch and Jason about what I had done, and why.

Both cases were for the good of the community, and I didn't try to hide either of them, infact I informed both of the main forum administrators of what I did as soon as I did them, not my fault they didn't read the skype PM's.

FYI it seems you guys still haven't learned / listened to my advice since when mitch changed my rank from ADV to ENG he (once again) gave me full access. (don't worry it's back to what it should be)

You guys need to be more careful about ACP permissions. IPB will set the person's you are editing permissions to whatever level you have, this prevents you from setting someone else higher than you have permission to do so. It doesn't really work and just ends up giving people access they shouldn't have.

Now can we get off my ass for something that happened ages ago.

inb4 staph leak ban

Edited by The Junzou

lel

I think the main issue to giving the access to that out is it's under the system > hooks.

So you could fuck with ALOT of critical settings. And I believe it's all or nothing when it comes to that particular access.

But what kind of person would mess with something that they're not supposed to after we trusted them with that kind of access...

^^^^ Jason upvoted this

g there is some kind of other meaning to this statement, but im just not getting it.

ctark essentially had full access to a bunch of shit as the MC engineer and gave himself a bunch of permissions he didn't need. He explained that he was testing if it was possible to Jason. He didn't tell us beforehand though, and Jason discovered it.

^^^^ Jason upvoted this

Just so we can be clear, what happened was I found a security vulnerability with IPB, when Mitch promoted me to ADV to begin with. (long story short I had more access than JCS) I investigated it, determined what steps you would have to take to reproduce the issue, verified that I could promoted say a test account to have full JCS / administrator privileges on the forums, and then sent a PM to both Mitch AND Jason, outlining the steps I took, and what they needed to do to prevent it. I also made a post in the ADV forum on what NOT to do when fucking with another staff members account.

The second time was after the rollback, when ADV's and ENG's had more access than JCS due to a permissions error, and we had a few ADV/ENG users who we had removed from staff, have access again. I couldn't edit them directly due to permissions, so I promoted myself, fixed the access issue, so only JCS had access (until mitch/jason could sort out permissions issues) and then informed both Mitch and Jason about what I had done, and why.

Both cases were for the good of the community, and I didn't try to hide either of them, infact I informed both of the main forum administrators of what I did as soon as I did them, not my fault they didn't read the skype PM's.

FYI it seems you guys still haven't learned / listened to my advice since when mitch changed my rank from ADV to ENG he (once again) gave me full access. (don't worry it's back to what it should be)

You guys need to be more careful about ACP permissions. IPB will set the person's you are editing permissions to whatever level you have, this prevents you from setting someone else higher than you have permission to do so. It doesn't really work and just ends up giving people access they shouldn't have.

QFT

lel

^^^^ Jason upvoted this

^^^^ Jason upvoted this

inb4 staph leak ban

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

[8:15:02 PM] Jacob/Mimic: toxy would put his dick in sweetrock

[8:15:06 PM] Toxy: no, no i would not

[8:15:10 PM] Jacob/Mimic: yeah you would

[8:15:15 PM] Toxy: no, i wouldn't

[8:15:16 PM] Toxy: you have misjudged me.

[8:15:21 PM] Jacob/Mimic: no you would

[8:15:30 PM] Toxy: the lowest tier of anything in sG i would put my dick in is probably amber

[8:16:30 PM] fatb0y: lol

[8:16:40 PM] fatb0y:

[8:16:40 PM] Toxy: or mayo

[8:16:42 PM] Toxy: mayo pretty cute

Edited by fatb0y

[8:15:02 PM] Jacob/Mimic: toxy would put his dick in sweetrock

[8:15:06 PM] Toxy: no, no i would not

[8:15:10 PM] Jacob/Mimic: yeah you would

[8:15:15 PM] Toxy: no, i wouldn't

[8:15:16 PM] Toxy: you have misjudged me.

[8:15:21 PM] Jacob/Mimic: no you would

[8:15:30 PM] Toxy: the lowest tier of anything in sG i would put my dick in is probably amber

[8:16:30 PM] fatb0y: lol

[8:16:40 PM] fatb0y: http://www.joinsg.ne...s/page__st__100

[8:16:40 PM] Toxy: or mayo

[8:16:42 PM] Toxy: mayo pretty cute

bwahahaahahaha... this is golden

please keep posting more staff shit

[11:31:44 PM] c12k: let michael touch your penis. Get 2 mil settlement

[11:32:08 PM] Jacob/Mimic: let michael touch your penis

[11:32:11 PM] Jacob/Mimic: somehow he doesn't get criminal charges

[11:32:14 PM] Jacob/Mimic: but he gets civil ones

[11:32:17 PM] Jacob/Mimic: ??? makes sense

[11:32:30 PM] c12k: i'd bend over and say "who's bad"

[1:41:49 AM] klark: guys i uhh

[1:41:54 AM] klark: deleted teamspeak

[1:41:57 AM] klark: on accident

[1:42:23 AM] (herd): did

[1:42:23 AM] (herd): you

[1:42:26 AM] Mimic: KLARK DELETED TEAMSPEAK

[1:42:27 AM] Mimic: G.G.

[1:42:33 AM] (herd): accidentily the entire server?

[1:42:39 AM] klark: yes

[1:42:40 AM] klark: :(

[1:42:48 AM] (herd): AND STAFF LEAK THREAD

[1:42:53 AM] klark: well

[1:44:03 AM] Jacob/Mimic: WELL GUYS

[1:44:07 AM] Jacob/Mimic: LOOKS LIKE WE'RE MOVING TO MUMBLE

[1:44:11 AM] Jacob/Mimic: G.G.

[1:44:15 AM] klark: well

[1:44:18 AM] klark: rip s.g.

[1:44:24 AM] mitch: well klark

[6:44:53 PM] Toxy: amber only gets on cam for me anyway

[6:44:53 PM] Toxy: it's ok

[6:44:57 PM] (herd): roflmao

[6:44:58 PM] sketch: i bet

[6:44:59 PM] (herd): its true

[6:45:02 PM] sketch: where does she live anyways

[6:45:04 PM] BC: I believe it.

[6:45:06 PM] (herd): florida

[6:45:06 PM] Toxy: fl

[6:45:09 PM] sketch: ha

[6:45:11 PM] sketch: youre fucked toxy

[6:45:12 PM] sketch: gl

[6:45:17 PM] Toxy: i mean

[6:45:22 PM] Toxy: she's not even my type really

[6:45:25 PM] Toxy: stil lwanna fuck her tho

[6:45:28 PM] sketch: whore

[6:45:49 PM] Toxy: if she dyed her hair black and like looked like a holocaust victim

[6:45:51 PM] Toxy: i'd be more into it

Edited by cowsQT

[2:56:42 PM] Mitch: I'll be

[2:56:45 PM] Mitch: 10000% honest with you guys

[2:56:45 PM] Sketch: youre gay

[2:56:49 PM] Mitch: I'd rather live with sweetrock

[2:56:50 PM] Mitch: for the rest of my life

[2:56:53 PM] Mitch: then have to smoke with illogical once

[2:56:55 PM] Mitch: #endofstory

[2:56:56 PM] drunk uwraa: LOL

[2:56:57 PM] Toxygen: LOL

[2:56:58 PM] drunk uwraa: L:OLOL