Sign in to follow this  
Eek

Warcraft Source, getting started!

Warcraft Source Guide

This is just a quick guide that will help you learn quick tips and some useful information that you can use towards your game play on Warcraft Source.

How to enable console of Nordic keyboards:

Hide
Close Counter Strike

Open Steam Library

Right Click the Counter Strike game

Go into Properties, then "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."

Add this in the bar and click OK

-console

You will now have console launched up at start of the game, you can bind the console to a key by putting this into console

bind o toggleconsole

Or whatever key you want instead of O

Some abnormal keys, for instance "|" (on Nordic keyboard) or the numpad keys, will not be a valid binding

This is because the when you press the key, it doesn't register the keypressed, but css translates the keys to something else

So to bind these keys you would need to find out what the keyinput actually is

This is rather easy, just press options ->keyboard. and try to bind the key you want to an empty field, on the field it will show the keyinput, and not the necessary the key pressed (remember to click clear key)

The keyinput is what you want to use, I for instance has my | (keyinput is \) to purchase armor and kit.

That would be

bind \ "buy defuser; buy vesthelm"

But I am pressing the "|" button.

This tutorial also works for all keyboards, but its the easiest way for a Nordic keyboard user.

Let's start with the Warcraft Source menu, "wcsmenu"

This is a menu that you can use or make binds from, to buy such shopmenu items, level your race and check information on races etc.

fxs7bl.png

To select a race, you must type "Changerace" or use the WCS Menu, when done this menu will appear.

2nl748i.png

Now that you've done that, you're probably thinking "Which race will I play?" and "What race does what?".

To know what skills, ultimate's and abilitys your race of choice has, type for example, "Raceinfo Savage".

Now select a number and the Information about the skill will appear.

20zbo02.png

Binds, now you're going to need atleast a two binds, Ultimate & Ability. Decide what keys you want to use for what and open up your console and enter

Hide

Bind <key> "Ultimate"

Bind <key> "Ability"

Another useful bind people regulary tend to do is bind there Mouse Wheel Scroll to jump, which is handy for long jumping and bunny hopping.

To enter this bind you would open your console and type in the following.

Hide

"Bind mwheeldown +jump"

"Bind mwheelup +jump"

Now, shown below these are commands you can either find in the WCS Menu, type in chat or bind to certain keys. To bind something like this you would enter the following into console Bind <Key> "Say spendskills" for example I'd enter, Bind K "Say Spendskills"

Hide

Changerace

Showxp

Playerinfo

Spendskills

Resetskills

Showskills

WcsMenu

Raceinfo

Shopmenu

Shopinfo

- - -

WCS Supporter Races

sG Warcraft Source offers a package of Subscriber Races, also referred to as "Private Races". These private races can be accessed by subscribing for as little as $5 each month (€4/£3) using PayPal following this

Link (click me).

Once you've setup your subscription your private races will be activated within the next 24 hours.

Once active, to access these races and information on these races ingame you must type or bind the following

Hide

changeprivaterace

privateraceinfo

You'll have access to the following races.

Lilith

Nova Terra

Ogre Stonethrower

Swindler

Rogue

Akasha, Mother of Blood

Antlion

Blink Demon

Hyrule Adventurer

Harlute

Marlute

If you decide that you only want to pay for 1 month for Private Races, you will keep the Total Levels you recieve leveling them.

If anyone thinks anything should be added/removed, please post below.

Edited by Lindseth

subscription races

Done.

Link this in the Motd.

Look into code instead of spoilers

[code]  

Code doesn't Center and I'm sure people won't miss the buttons :P

Edited by Eek

wait, there is a race other than human alliance?

Human General?

If I pay 5 bucks for the private races, level em up, and never pay 5 bucks again, will I get to keep the levels after I lose access to the races?

If I pay 5 bucks for the private races, level em up, and never pay 5 bucks again, will I get to keep the levels after I lose access to the races?

Yes...

Sign in to follow this