Sign in to follow this  
Mimic

WCS #1 Updated Rules and Guidelines

After the mishap with our data and our recent rollback, our MOTD page was lost. Luckily, I've kept a backup of the "updated" WCS #1 MOTD page, and have restored the page. As before, if you find an issue with grammar, punctuation, spelling, or general sentence structure, please post in this thread so it can be resolved. If you have any issues with the current rule set, feel free to post your opinion in this thread.

Just read through it, something I noticed wasn't mentioned there at all : Wards. Specifically, objective/hostage warding and its restrictions/limitations.

And one more thing about crackhouse that should probably be added, when being the last one alive on your team, if you've fallen outside of the map's boundaries (whether by falling off a roof or accidentally hopping one of those fences) then you must slay yourself (unless you can get out with fly or teleport).

Edited by XIII

Wards aren't in the new rules because they are not spammable anymore, making them useful at objectives, but not overpowered.

also, I agree the person should slay themselves, however usually an admin is on to take care of it anyway, so i don't really see a reason to put it in the MOTD. if someone doesn't slay themselves, the server should be bitching this person out by then.

Edited by skitt

Just read through it, something I noticed wasn't mentioned there at all : Wards. Specifically, objective/hostage warding and its restrictions/limitations.

And one more thing about crackhouse that should probably be added, when being the last one alive on your team, if you've fallen outside of the map's boundaries (whether by falling off a roof or accidentally hopping one of those fences) then you must slay yourself (unless you can get out with fly or teleport).

Leaving the map is against the rules already -- there's no need to add that last portion. If somebody has left the map and no longer can enter the map, it's an admin's duty (or the player's duty) to either slay themselves, or teleport themselves inside of the map.

Warding objectives is legal on WCS1 because:

1. There's not many warding races.
  2. Wards don't generally last the entire round. If they do, they can't be placed near each other, or on/near objectives (SEE: Trickster Assassin, Goblin Alchemist race rules)

While at one point there was no differentiation between the rules of WCS #1 and #2, due to the path each server has taken with it's respective race pool, each server has a different rule set.

Sounds good to me then if it's clear with most people, just wanted to be sure since I haven't played much as of late.

Race Specific Rules:

The race Goblin Alchemist may not place traps directly on top of each other.

I suggest changing this to state any race that has a similar ability/ultimate should follow these rules as well. There is another race that can do traps and doing this will add some future proofing when and if new races are added.

Hostage Rules:

What type of punishment should be given if it ever goes out of control?

The already existing deterrent in that destroys cash, a good percentage of experience, -15 rank points per hostage killed is great. Should it make mention to this in the MOTD? This does well to stop highly leveled races and sometimes highly ranked players from even considering it. Sometimes it feels sort of idiotic to have a terrorist purposely go full auto on the hostages when they are being extracted to win the round.

Race Specific Rules:

The race Goblin Alchemist may not place traps directly on top of each other.

I suggest changing this to state any race that has a similar ability/ultimate should follow these rules as well. There is another race that can do traps and doing this will add some future proofing when and if new races are added.

Hostage Rules:

What type of punishment should be given if it ever goes out of control?

The already existing deterrent in that destroys cash, a good percentage of experience, -15 rank points per hostage killed is great. Should it make mention to this in the MOTD? This does well to stop highly leveled races and sometimes highly ranked players from even considering it. Sometimes it feels sort of idiotic to have a terrorist purposely go full auto on the hostages when they are being extracted to win the round.

It was added to the rule set before the reduction in experience existed. It's worth mentioning in case Ghoul or some other player who has no care for experience, rank, or money wants to ruin rounds for a team.

Maybe, There should be a map specific rule for crackhouse, where you can't stand above the house and spray with hyrule adventurer, as your heal goes down 5hp for eery bullet shot.

That's a stupid rule. Hyrule is a stupid race. Just nerf the shit out of Hyrule.

Changed the whoring rule to say you can't change back to a race you've already used while whoring, updated it to say 2 rounds instead of 4 rounds.

You might want to fix the wording in the MOTD then, also it currently states that you whore with 2:1 ratio and a cooldown period to a 3:1 ratio. HUEHUEHUE...

Changed the whoring rule to say you can't change back to a race you've already used while whoring, updated it to say 2 rounds instead of 4 rounds.

You might want to fix the wording in the MOTD then, also it currently states that you whore with 2:1 ratio and a cooldown period to a 3:1 ratio. HUEHUEHUE...

Don't worry, fuckup on my part :(

Mimic was like da fuk u fuckin stupid tard fag?

Don't worry, fuckup on my part :(

Mimic was like da fuk u fuckin stupid tard fag?

Change reverted... it was already covered by the "no loopholing" rule.

I reworded the whoring rule from "different NON MAXED RACE" to "RANDOM NON MAXED RACE" to clarify.

Sign in to follow this