Jump to content
Sean

Jailbreak is great!

Recommended Posts

First of all, a big shoutout to @Hawk and others for restoring Jailbreak to its former glory, you're doing great, I love the new markers and audio.

 

While playing last night, there was a few discussions going on in admin chat that I wanted to bring up here so we can address it, and maybe others can bring up some concerns as well.

 

1. Lowering or removing CT armor.

 - CTs NEVER had armor, from my understanding this was introduced due to new knife mechanics in CS:GO, but it's very unnecessary. I think the agreed common ground was to lower it to 25-50. (Thanks @Shadow for bringing this up)

 

2. Removing complicated and annoying maps. 

 - This includes new large maps that nobody enjoys playing, have a few secrets that benefit terrorists greatly, overall ridiculous. (Clouds is a great example of this) The old school maps are where it's at, they have enough games and really just need some creativity.

 

Edited by Sean
pressed enter too quickly lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old school maps are where it’s at but that’s all that’s ever in the rotation, we play the exact same maps every time I’m on, everyone knows exactly where everything is at every vent and i think they get tired of playing the same games, bigger maps give the T’s the diversity of playing a whole bunch of map games. So which big maps are u talking about that no one likes playing ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean said:

First of all, a big shoutout to @Hawk and others for restoring Jailbreak to its former glory, you're doing great, I love the new markers and audio.

 

While playing last night, there was a few discussions going on in admin chat that I wanted to bring up here so we can address it, and maybe others can bring up some concerns as well.

 

1. Lowering or removing CT armor.

 - CTs NEVER had armor, from my understanding this was introduced due to new knife mechanics in CS:GO, but it's very unnecessary. I think the agreed common ground was to lower it to 25-50. (Thanks @Shadow for bringing this up)

 

2. Removing complicated and annoying maps. 

 - This includes new large maps that nobody enjoys playing, have a few secrets that benefit terrorists greatly, overall ridiculous. (Clouds is a great example of this) The old school maps are where it's at, they have enough games and really just need some creativity.

 

 

1 hour ago, tazmanianxdude said:

Old school maps are where it’s at but that’s all that’s ever in the rotation, we play the exact same maps every time I’m on, everyone knows exactly where everything is at every vent and i think they get tired of playing the same games, bigger maps give the T’s the diversity of playing a whole bunch of map games. So which big maps are u talking about that no one likes playing ?

 

The one I highlighted with the same color of red I see when JB changes over to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the ct armor being lowered.

 

As much as I hate clouds I think that removing it would do more hurt. Clouds is one of the most popular maps amongst JB servers.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nau said:

I agree with the ct armor being lowered.

 

As much as I hate clouds I think that removing it would do more hurt. Clouds is one of the most popular maps amongst JB servers.

 

 

 

Didn't you die... Ugh. 

 

Glad to see the servers looking popular again, well done guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rayne said:

Didn't you die... Ugh. 

 

Glad to see the servers looking popular again, well done guys. 

Hi Rayne, I didn't unfortunately. I'm glad to see your keen observational skills haven't changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I talked with Shadow about a few things today, mainly these two things that you brought up.

I agree with the first point, I am totally down to lower the armor. The armor was added because the server had low population and rebelling was way too easy with low population, mainly new CT players that tried to learn, which is really hard when Ts dome you every single round, so I had to balance things out. But since the server is getting more pop nowdays I'm down to lower it, thanks for bringing it up @Sean and @Shadow.

 

So the second point you stated I don't agree with as much, I know that some people like the simple maps with only 2 games, cellblock, pool and disco (Or whatever), but some people dislike these kinds of maps, mainly new players. I'm not saying we should go full noobfriendly and completely change the server but if we are gonna get new regulars we have to get new players. I know that "oldfags" want to keep their simple maps, killwhore and complain about new stuff (Because it didn't use to be like that) but since these people play a lot less nowdays we have to care about the new people as well, if that makes sense. Shadow came up with the idea of extending the map rotation timer, which would mean that we have to play more maps, not the same 5, and I think this is an excellent idea, this way everyone gets happy, some old maps and some new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawk said:

I talked with Shadow about a few things today, mainly these two things that you brought up.

I agree with the first point, I am totally down to lower the armor. The armor was added because the server had low population and rebelling was way too easy with low population, mainly new CT players that tried to learn, which is really hard when Ts dome you every single round, so I had to balance things out. But since the server is getting more pop nowdays I'm down to lower it, thanks for bringing it up @Sean and @Shadow.

 

So the second point you stated I don't agree with as much, I know that some people like the simple maps with only 2 games, cellblock, pool and disco (Or whatever), but some people dislike these kinds of maps, mainly new players. I'm not saying we should go full noobfriendly and completely change the server but if we are gonna get new regulars we have to get new players. I know that "oldfags" want to keep their simple maps, killwhore and complain about new stuff (Because it didn't use to be like that) but since these people play a lot less nowdays we have to care about the new people as well, if that makes sense. Shadow came up with the idea of extending the map rotation timer, which would mean that we have to play more maps, not the same 5, and I think this is an excellent idea, this way everyone gets happy, some old maps and some new.

That's chill and all but if you remove blackout I'll find you and kill you  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Beerman said:

That's chill and all but if you remove blackout I'll find you and kill you  

Blackout currently crashes the server on load it needs to be fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thoroughly enjoying Jailbreak lately. It's been reminiscent of how it was 5-6 years ago before CS:GO came out. Thanks to those who have contributed to its success and enjoyment it's provided everyone!

Edited by Mr. Big Shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nau STOP SPREADING FALSE RUMORS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!

ItZwe65.jpg

 

This same shit happened with minecraft, my map, and many others.  IT'S NEVER WHAT YOU GUYS THINK IT IS!  I had some dumbass think that knifing the plane in my map was crashing the server because it was what he was doing at the time it crashed.  It was actually the displacements that were powers of 4 crashing it when a player died on it.  BUT WHO THE FUCK WOULD KNOW THAT?!?!  Its probably not the map and instead the shitty spaghetti code that is the server.  Just because it crashed once loading blackout doesn't make it the problem.  I've had the server crash on many map loads but it was never because of the map.

@Hawk @Beerman Why is Blackout not on the map rotation?  Is it because of this dumbass rumor?  I tried to nominate it when I saw Nau's comment but I found it not there and had we had to force change the map.
/rant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We loaded the map 3 times and it crashed 3 times. A few staff were present when it did. I guess that makes it a dumbass rumor. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It would fail at load.

Edited by Nau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's truly strange how it only happens on certain occasions. We forced changed the map and had no problems when it came to loading up. 

 

 

(675th post btw)

Edited by Bluestreakid15
Don't read rep as post count

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluestreakid15 said:

It's truly strange how it only happens on certain occasions. We forced changed the map and had no problems when it came to loading up. 

 

 

(500th post btw)

you have 675 posts but ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bluestreakid15 said:

You're right. Rep and post count are separate things. I'm pretty blind. 

You get your 500th rep for that retarded but hilarious mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lindsay said:

I can never tell, but in regards to #1, do CT's also have helmets? I don't think they should if they do, but that can still be up for debate I suppose 

 

Yes they do have helmets.  When CT's didn't have helmets they get one dinked after the round starts because of the usps inside of the cells.

 

CS:S Glock did 98 headshot dmg while CS:GO does 118 unarmored (armored both do 55)
Even the Five-Seven did 99 headshot dmg while in CS:GO its 126 (armored is 74 for CS:S and 115 for CS:GO)

I think these figures don't even tell the full story.  Because the damage falloff between CS:GO and CS:S are completely different.  CS:S has huge pistol damage falloff compared to the super buffed pistols of CS:GO.  I'm really surprised Oldfags are the ones complaining that they want it to "be the way it used to be"; but maybe they are referring to 2014/2015 time frame instead of 2008→2012 CS:S days.

 

While I do favor armor for cell pistols and for rebel guns in general, I do dislike it for T knifing and LR's like s4s and knife fight getting affected.  Every time I have to rush to lower CT's armor when the T request s4s for LR.  Tragically I've even seen the T lose s4s because of CT's armor.  T's knifing CT's because they are baiting or the T wants to rebel is a lesser issue IMO but is still annoying.

But this is all fucking stupid because many maps already offer helmet/armor inside or armory.  So your point of CT's never having armor before is bullshit @Sean.  But to be fair it isn't as widespread as I had thought or hoped it to be.  Roughly 10→13 out of 28 maps have armor for CT's.  The maps I checked so far that have armor are:

  • ba_jail_new_uprise_v2
  • ba_jail_soar_beta2
  • ba_jail_spyder_csgo_v1
  • jb_airforce_basic_v0-1b
  • jb_airship_r1-4
  • jb_arcade
  • jb_avalanche_csgo_b6
  • jb_blackout_sg_v1-0
  • jb_tensu_v4-2
  • jb_undertale_v1

Interesting that most of those maps (6/10) are made by 3 sG mappers @Revöker @xmen @thorgot.

 

Lastly, if you want to rebel every round so much just fight the CT's then why aren't you guys just playing comp?  In the conversation in game you guys said "ya like anyone wants to play JB for LR",  I don't understand that.  LR is the core of Jailbreak, and secondly I think the interaction between T's is the other strong core of JB.  Backstabbing your teammates for a 1 up to get LR or just for lul's is just great.  Tossing guns to T's to rebel or just creating ridiculous situations is the fun of JB.  I think people forget that T's can be creative too; it doesn't have to just be CT's that are creative in their games.  This is help by having T's unmuted now after the first 30 seconds.  I think I almost died when Nau was captain and had to pick his teammate but instead did trivia to pick his teammate.  But really it just sounds like you guys just want an easy out to rebel at any time, I mean don't you guys like a challenge?  Having armor doesn't make it impossible to rebel but just slightly harder.  And to the "CT's are just bad and need to get good."  This is fucking JB we are talking about.  Everyone sucks at everything.  Just look at Surf, Bhop, and Kz on JB maps, they all suck compared to servers that host them.  JB players are mediocre in every category.

 

TL:DR- Wall of words that says you're wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So where the fuck is my blackout. My PROXY MAGNUM OPUS @Hawk

5 hours ago, Revöker said:

Lastly, if you want to rebel every round so much just fight the CT's then why aren't you guys just playing comp?  In the conversation in game you guys said "ya like anyone wants to play JB for LR",  I don't understand that.  LR is the core of Jailbreak, and secondly I think the interaction between T's is the other strong core of JB.  Backstabbing your teammates for a 1 up to get LR or just for lul's is just great.  Tossing guns to T's to rebel or just creating ridiculous situations is the fun of JB.  I think people forget that T's can be creative too; it doesn't have to just be CT's that are creative in their games.  This is help by having T's unmuted now after the first 30 seconds.  I think I almost died when Nau was captain and had to pick his teammate but instead did trivia to pick his teammate.  But really it just sounds like you guys just want an easy out to rebel at any time, I mean don't you guys like a challenge?  Having armor doesn't make it impossible to rebel but just slightly harder.  And to the "CT's are just bad and need to get good."  This is fucking JB we are talking about.  Everyone sucks at everything.

These kids just want the cheat codes to be like Wind. 

Edited by Beerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×