Jump to content
「DG」 cj2tech

So what the hell is up with jb?

Recommended Posts

OK so I used to play jb everyday a while back. But now its hard to even get a pop going on it. And really this can be said about most of the server.

 

I feel like that the rules of the jailbreak server are hugely out dated and need to be nerfed/buffed, Both on t and ct sides. ct have so many rules to follow yet can pretty much get away with free-killing with no recoil. T's can clam so much and bend the rules to get there way.

 

I've also notice alot of staff abuse in this gamemode out of boredom. Which is understandable but they are distracting other player from playing the game in which the came to the server for. Today I played on jb and admins where destroying parts of the map, blocking players in lr room with signs, picking up props while dead, ect. If you are bored please be bored in a remote part of the map or just surf the web or something. I watched the server pop go form 24 to 8 because of this.

 

These are just my thoughts and suggestions and unfinished ones at that.

 

Here are some recommendations on addition and subtractions to the rules bolded items are changes:

Counter-Terrorists (Guards, Police, etc..)

CT’s are allowed to...

  • Use a voice changer as long as orders are clear, and it isn’t annoying.(If asked by anyone they must stop)

 

 

Definitions

 

 

 

Freekilling -A CT killing a T that is not rebelling or is following orders.(Freekilling may result in a ct result in ct ban unless self slay )

 

Follow a warden order within 3 seconds or less (5 is to much an ts' can get away in alot of that time)

 

 

Detour & Delay

Taking a longer path, not moving (given 3 second start delay at the end of a order), or jumping on a move command, unless over an obstacle (eg. fence, rock, typing, trying to complete an order, ect)[I feel 5 is too long and is way to much time for a coherent person to follow orders]

 

Pardon

Warden relieving a Terrorist of punishments for, not following orders, or rebelling.(You can not pardon people out of favoritism and delaying the game intentionally )

 

Camping

A player that stays in a given area for a prolonged amount of time, while showing no intent of leaving (Including both T & CT)

A player that stares at a given area for a prolonged amount of time, while showing no intent of looking elsewhere

Watching vents for a prolong amount of time.(With the intent to kill rebelers )

 

Baiting (Dong any of the following may result in a CT ban or Slay)

A CT is baiting if…

  1. They are standing within knifing distance of a T.
  2. Within the path of a T who is following an order.
  3. Inside a T’s cell while the T is in front of it.

A CT is messaging/verbally baiting if…

  1. They say words similar to another word in a game in order to get T’s killed
  2. eg. saying “nest” instead of “west” or “bo” instead of “go”
  3. They ask or answer trivia question when not warden, or aren’t designated by w

 

 

Hacking/Scripting/Macros

 

The use of any of these are strictly prohibited(Offenders may be kicked, ct banned, or banned from the server)

The following are common used of Hacking/Scripting/Macros:

  1. Aim hacks
  2. Wall Hacks
  3. Rapid fire macros (ex. pressing e at inhuman speeds)
  4. spin bots/scripts/macros/binds

 

Edited by 「DG」 cj2tech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 「DG」 cj2tech said:

OK so I used to play jb everyday a while back. But now its hard to even get a pop going on it. And really this can be said about most of the server.

 

I feel like that the rules of the jailbreak server are hugely out dated and need to be nerfed/buffed, Both on t and ct sides. ct have so many rules to follow yet can pretty much get away with free-killing with no recoil. T's can clam so much and bend the rules to get there way.

 

I've also notice alot of staff abuse in this gamemode out of boredom. Which is understandable but they are distracting other player from playing the game in which the came to the server for. Today I played on jb and admins where destroying parts of the map, blocking players in lr room with signs, picking up props while dead, ect. If you are bored please be bored in a remote part of the map or just surf the web or something. I watched the server pop go form 24 to 8 because of this.

 

Detour & Delay

Taking a longer path, not moving (given 3 second start delay), or jumping on a move command, unless over an obstacle (eg. fence, rock, typing, trying to complete an order, ect)[I feel 5 is too long and is way to much time for a coherent person to follow orders]

 

 

 

Hacking/Scripting/Macros

 

The use of any of these are strictly prohibited(Offenders may be kicked, ct banned, or banned from the server)

The following are common used of Hacking/Scripting/Macros:

  1. Aim hacks
  2. Wall Hacks
  3. Rapid fire macros (ex. pressing e at inhuman speeds)
  4. spin bots/scripts/macros/binds

 

We have just gotten a new Adv for the server and he is working on doing what he can for the Jail Break Server and in my opinion hes doing a hell of a good job.

Regarding the things with it going from 24 to 8 im pretty sure that was due to the map change but take it how you want. 

Detours and Delays- These were taken away due to the fact of people being toxic because they couldn't rebel so they would wait for the warden to make a mistake. This caused knew wardens to get mad they got ctd cause they probably shot the ts and leave.

Hacking- I dont think i have ever seen one of our admin kick a player for hacking 100% of the time its a ban. they know its not allowed they are just trying to ruin others fun.

Other than that, some of your other points are pretty good and i hope Hawk takes them into consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 「DG」 cj2tech said:

I've also notice alot of staff abuse in this gamemode out of boredom. Which is understandable but they are distracting other player from playing the game in which the came to the server for. Today I played on jb and admins where destroying parts of the map, blocking players in lr room with signs, picking up props while dead, ect.

A floating melon? REEEE, MY GAMING EXPERIENCE IS RUINED!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with some things and disagree with some.

A few things with the rules have I already had in mind, like from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.

I will take a closer look and change some stuff this week, but some things I can respond to right away:

 

6 hours ago, 「DG」 cj2tech said:

ct have so many rules to follow yet can pretty much get away with free-killing with no recoil. T's can clam so much and bend the rules to get there way.

 

Cmon now, just because I wasn't paying attention to your situation yesterday doesn't mean it's always like that. And your first complaint in admin chat was "Sick", if you were freekilled make a proper complaint to admins saying who you got killed by and why you think they killed you. Admins can't pay attention to all things and the more you help the better and faster it will go.

 

6 hours ago, 「DG」 cj2tech said:

I've also notice alot of staff abuse in this gamemode out of boredom. Which is understandable but they are distracting other player from playing the game in which the came to the server for. Today I played on jb and admins where destroying parts of the map, blocking players in lr room with signs, picking up props while dead, ect. If you are bored please be bored in a remote part of the map or just surf the web or something. I watched the server pop go form 24 to 8 because of this.

I usually tell the staff to stop if it gets out of hand, however (Like Ice said), it really doesn't hurt the gameplay in anyway if someone is grabbing a small prop sometimes, I have seen so many times when people have actually laughed and enjoyed small things like that with no inpact on the gameplay. But yeah, moving parts from the map and huge signs etc are not something staff should do and I will be more strict with this.

 

6 hours ago, 「DG」 cj2tech said:

Pardon

Warden relieving a Terrorist of punishments for, not following orders, or rebelling.(You can not pardon people out of favoritism and delaying the game intentionally )

Favortism isn't allowed and it is stated in the rules. I have never seen anyone get away with pardoning certain Ts and not pardoning some others.

 

Pardoning will always be up to warden, you can't rebel and expect to be pardoned, that would be ridiculous imo.

 

7 hours ago, 「DG」 cj2tech said:

Camping

Watching vents for a prolong amount of time.(With the intent to kill rebelers )

 

Baiting (Dong any of the following may result in a CT ban or Slay)

A CT is baiting if…

  1. They are standing within knifing distance of a T.
  2. Within the path of a T who is following an order.
  3. Inside a T’s cell while the T is in front of it.

A CT is messaging/verbally baiting if…

  1. They say words similar to another word in a game in order to get T’s killed
  2. eg. saying “nest” instead of “west” or “bo” instead of “go”
  3. They ask or answer trivia question when not warden, or aren’t designated by w

 

 

Hacking/Scripting/Macros

 

The use of any of these are strictly prohibited(Offenders may be kicked, ct banned, or banned from the server)

The following are common used of Hacking/Scripting/Macros:

  1. Aim hacks
  2. Wall Hacks
  3. Rapid fire macros (ex. pressing e at inhuman speeds)
  4. spin bots/scripts/macros/binds

 

Jailbreak rules, IV. Counter-Terrorists

CT’s are not allowed to…

Bait, Gun plant, Free-shoot, or Freekill T’s. (Definitions)

Give special treatment or favoritism to any T.

Camp or stare directly at vent, or armory.

 

Global General Rules

First rule is:

Do not cheat in any way, hack, script, macro, or exploit any feature on the servers.

 

7 hours ago, 「DG」 cj2tech said:

OK so I used to play jb everyday a while back. But now its hard to even get a pop going on it. And really this can be said about most of the server.

Not more than 5% of the reason is because of the rules, the pop has just slowly faded away during the last 2 years and it's hard to get a pop going because people do not wanna be the first players on the server. Every server imo has more clustered/retarded rules than ours and I know a alot of people that have played on other servers that would agree.

 

 

I will take a closer look and change some stuff this week, thanks for your input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ice said:

A floating melon? REEEE, MY GAMING EXPERIENCE IS RUINED!!!

Those were just few examples. It can be distraction and take peoples attention from focusing on the prisoners on orders.

11 hours ago, Hawk said:

Cmon now, just because I wasn't paying attention to your situation yesterday doesn't mean it's always like that. And your first complaint in admin chat was "Sick", if you were freekilled make a proper complaint to admins saying who you got killed by and why you think they killed you. Admins can't pay attention to all things and the more you help the better and faster it will go. 

 

That wasn't my first message and I do understand that.

 

11 hours ago, Hawk said:

I usually tell the staff to stop if it gets out of hand, however (Like Ice said), it really doesn't hurt the gameplay in anyway if someone is grabbing a small prop sometimes, I have seen so many times when people have actually laughed and enjoyed small things like that with no inpact on the gameplay. But yeah, moving parts from the map and huge signs etc are not something staff should do and I will be more strict with this.

 

I'm not trying to be rude just saying if you want to abuse your powers it should be done in a way that it can disrupt or disturbed the game. And i mean like for the whole game. Like Dont just leave props in the way just for the lolz.

 

11 hours ago, Hawk said:

Not more than 5% of the reason is because of the rules, the pop has just slowly faded away during the last 2 years and it's hard to get a pop going because people do not wanna be the first players on the server. Every server imo has more clustered/retarded rules than ours and I know a alot of people that have played on other servers that would agree. 

 

I'm not saying that  the rules are the only reason for the pop drop. I feel like the staff are a little to balm and the vets who bend the rules. Nor am i say everyone is to blame but they problems shouldn't go unnoticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Admin boredom-abuse and non-strict admins are a problem (Although sometimes stricter admins can be a problem).  I have grown annoyed of playing JB with just abuse and also don't enjoy the killjoys that come on and see a pop of 5 ppl and want to play seriously.  JB needs about 8-10 people to play seriously; lower than that and you are just giving the same guy LR every round and he only has LR for 2 seconds (ppl need to use basic LR's more often in low pop server cases).

The rules are structured pretty good imo, what you suggested just makes reading the rules longer

 

Q1) "Reduce delay time from 5 to 3" (Because T's can get away with a lot in 5 seconds)

A1) This isn't a bad suggestion, but what I think most people miss the most is that this is to START AN ORDER.  This doesn't give T's free reign to do what they want in 5 seconds.  If warden say "Shiftwalk to...." and is in the middle of giving his order the T's are not allowed to start shiftwalking just because warden start saying his order.  Wait for the Warden to complete his order before you begin the order (Wait at least one mic press moment, if he just completely drops off then idc, just be reasonable)

Q2) "Dong any of the following may result in a CT ban or Slay"
A2) This is really dumb and unnecessary.  It is already clarified that as a CT you cannot camp/bait why does it matter what the punishment is?  THEY SHOULDN"T DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.  If you really want to warn them about the punishment I would do it above the CT aren't allowed to section

 

Q3) "Hacking/Scripting/Macros"
A3) Are you joking.  We have to tell people not to hack?  Is that how we stop them?

Q4) 3.Rapid fire macros (ex. pressing e at inhuman speeds) 4.spin bots/scripts/macros/binds

A4) First off these aren't all the same and you cannot ban them (apart from spin botting).  Saying you cannot bind the "use" command to the scroll wheel is ridiculous.  Scripts and macros aren't really as scary as most people make them out to be.  You can macro and script from inside of CSGO by using Alias and cfg files in CSGO dir.

P.S. I wanted to quote but it was fucking up as always.

Edited by Revöker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Revöker said:

If warden say "Shiftwalk to...." and is in the middle of giving his order the T's are not allowed to start shiftwalking just because warden start saying his order.  Wait for the Warden to complete his order before you begin the order 

When the fuck did this become a thing? It's always been start shift walking instantly. When a warden fumbles over his words then we just shift walk aimlessly. If you don't want the T's to move the second you say "Shift walk to..." then use Type Go. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerman said:

When the fuck did this become a thing? It's always been start shift walking instantly. When a warden fumbles over his words then we just shift walk aimlessly. If you don't want the T's to move the second you say "Shift walk to..." then use Type Go. 
 

Agree. You can also think of it as not following orders if you don't actually start shift walking. If the warden says "All T's shift walk...." Then starts stumbling on words, he did tell all T's to shift walk, so waiting for the warden to say anything else before shift walking could count as delaying since you were told to shift walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are all right and wrong, if the warden says "all ts shift walk to..." you can not start shift walking since he clearly has not finished his order and since the "to" is in there. However if the warden says "all ts shift walk..." you would be following the orders if you started shift walking.

 

It's a bit complicated but I think you understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hawk said:

You are all right and wrong, if the warden says "all ts shift walk to..." you can not start shift walking since he clearly has not finished his order and since the "to" is in there. However if the warden says "all ts shift walk..." you would be following the orders if you started shift walking.

 

It's a bit complicated but I think you understand.

Makes perfect sense to me. What about though if as soon as the warden says "All T's shift walk", and before he says "to", someone takes a step or two. Would that be considered not following orders, or are people allowed to take a step or two before he says "to"?

I'm assuming its just dependent on how long it takes him to say "to"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Makes perfect sense to me. What about though if as soon as the warden says "All T's shift walk", and before he says "to", someone takes a step or two. Would that be considered not following orders, or are people allowed to take a step or two before he says "to"?

I'm assuming its just dependent on how long it takes him to say "to"?

Yeah, pretty much dependent on how long it takes him to say "to" and how much of a dick the cts are. I would say it's a super rare occurrence that a t would actually be killed by that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol I think it should be the original way Beerman thought of it.

 

Technically the warden is saying shiftwalk, which means you should be shiftwalking at the time he said to shiftwalk.

 

If I say very quickly "All tees shiftwalk to......*pause*...............*pause some more*...................................*pause even longer*", you're saying you expect the T's to wait and if they don't they are to be killed?

 

LUL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hawk said:

Yeah, pretty much dependent on how long it takes him to say "to" and how much of a dick the cts are. I would say it's a super rare occurrence that a t would actually be killed by that.

 

3 hours ago, Ironic said:

Makes perfect sense to me. What about though if as soon as the warden says "All T's shift walk", and before he says "to", someone takes a step or two. Would that be considered not following orders, or are people allowed to take a step or two before he says "to"?

I'm assuming its just dependent on how long it takes him to say "to"?

 

3 hours ago, Hawk said:

You are all right and wrong, if the warden says "all ts shift walk to..." you can not start shift walking since he clearly has not finished his order and since the "to" is in there. However if the warden says "all ts shift walk..." you would be following the orders if you started shift walking.

 

It's a bit complicated but I think you understand.

 

4 hours ago, Ironic said:

Agree. You can also think of it as not following orders if you don't actually start shift walking. If the warden says "All T's shift walk...." Then starts stumbling on words, he did tell all T's to shift walk, so waiting for the warden to say anything else before shift walking could count as delaying since you were told to shift walk.

 

6 hours ago, Beerman said:

When the fuck did this become a thing? It's always been start shift walking instantly. When a warden fumbles over his words then we just shift walk aimlessly. If you don't want the T's to move the second you say "Shift walk to..." then use Type Go. 
 

 

And this is proof that there needs to be some clarity

22 hours ago, Revöker said:

Q1) "Reduce delay time from 5 to 3" (Because T's can get away with a lot in 5 seconds)

A1) This isn't a bad suggestion, but what I think most people miss the most is that this is to START AN ORDER.  This doesn't give T's free reign to do what they want in 5 seconds.  If warden say "Shiftwalk to...." and is in the middle of giving his order the T's are not allowed to start shiftwalking just because warden start saying his order.  Wait for the Warden to complete his order before you begin the order (Wait at least one mic press moment, if he just completely drops off then idc, just be reasonable)

No but the general rule is they need 5 seconds to compile or be kos. And no one really and as you see above it could be argued if that "timer" starts at the begin or the end of the command

 

22 hours ago, Revöker said:

Q2) "Dong any of the following may result in a CT ban or Slay"

A2) This is really dumb and unnecessary.  It is already clarified that as a CT you cannot camp/bait why does it matter what the punishment is?  THEY SHOULDN"T DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.  If you really want to warn them about the punishment I would do it above the CT aren't allowed to section

This I just a general rule that used to be followed by staff and not on the official rules. But I feel like it should be on the rules as a mean to deter people from doing so.

 

22 hours ago, Revöker said:

Q3) "Hacking/Scripting/Macros"

A3) Are you joking.  We have to tell people not to hack?  Is that how we stop them?

It's not just the hacks that are the issue. There are bind going around that make yous and stop really fast that change your hitbox really quickly to lessen the chance of people hitting you. I saw it used a couple of times on the server. Plus its stated in the global rules already if you ever read them.

22 hours ago, Revöker said:

Q4) 3.Rapid fire macros (ex. pressing e at inhuman speeds) 4.spin bots/scripts/macros/binds

A4) First off these aren't all the same and you cannot ban them (apart from spin botting).  Saying you cannot bind the "use" command to the scroll wheel is ridiculous.  Scripts and macros aren't really as scary as most people make them out to be.  You can macro and script from inside of CSGO by using Alias and cfg files in CSGO dir.

But doing that gives you a unfair advantage to the people would don't do it. Plus kinda goes hand in hand with my response of the previous question. Think about using binds/macros in cookie clicker how op that would be.

Edited by 「DG」 cj2tech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 「DG」 cj2tech said:

And this is proof that there needs to be some clarity

I knew something like this was gonna be said. Adding things like that to the rules would not create clarity lmao, it would create confusion, the motd should be clean and easy to read. Like I said in the post you quoted, it happends on super rare occasions and when it actually does happen it will be up to admins discretion.

 

But that's just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of this argument over something I would just say "use common sense" over if it was a freekill report. If they are clearly going to tell you to shift walk to a game, out of MCA, etc. and you shift walk right at a guard to kill them for "baiting" or go to a vent before they finish their order/while they stumble over their words for half a second, expect to be shot.  If the warden says shift walk and then proceeds to not say other shit because he/she is a moron, shift walk anywhere you want. If a guard is kill hungry enough to kill you for shift walking to a destination a tenth of a second before the order is finished, they were going to kill whore you over something else later on anyways, and it isn't due to the "lack of clarity" that got you killed there.

Edited by Ice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 10:00 PM, Hawk said:

I knew something like this was gonna be said. Adding things like that to the rules would not create clarity lmao, it would create confusion, the motd should be clean and easy to read. Like I said in the post you quoted, it happends on super rare occasions and when it actually does happen it will be up to admins discretion.

 

But that's just my opinion.

I don't believe that adding about 105 words will complicate the rules more. And I'm not saying use my suggestions word for word they are just ideal edits. And this is not a rare occasion, you can go on the jb server any time it is active see at start a order, as soon as you say "All Ts' walk/crouch walk" you will see t move regardless if the command is complete. Just look for it next time you'll see what I mean.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:05 PM, Ice said:

All of this argument over something I would just say "use common sense" over if it was a freekill report. If they are clearly going to tell you to shift walk to a game, out of MCA, etc. and you shift walk right at a guard to kill them for "baiting" or go to a vent before they finish their order/while they stumble over their words for half a second, expect to be shot.  If the warden says shift walk and then proceeds to not say other shit because he/she is a moron, shift walk anywhere you want. If a guard is kill hungry enough to kill you for shift walking to a destination a tenth of a second before the order is finished, they were going to kill whore you over something else later on anyways, and it isn't due to the "lack of clarity" that got you killed there.

I'm not arguing I'm just making suggestions and voicing my opinion while having a calm cool discussion.  I couldn't care less if they act upon my words. But the issue is that the person doing the free-killing thinks they are doing right and no one is correcting them. That's what I'm getting at. But I see what your talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×