Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
o4Leafo

WAR3 SO Situation *Please Read*

Recommended Posts

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

 

Recently as a war3 community we are all noticing a large amount of SOs getting promoted for our server (which is an amazing thing). We believe that the individuals being selected for SO are not an ideal fit for the community. In our opinions an SO should be an active member of the server and not a show up once or twice a week for 5 min to 1 match. We understand that an SO position usually requires an applicants request, but this has not been providing positive results. We rarely see the majority of the current SO WAR3 members in the server and we would like to request that the SOs are re-evaluated based on what they will provide in the leadership position. It is understood that it may be the case of not enough members putting in an application for the role. A suggestion is that the current, active SOs for the war3 server, are able to provide a recommendation of the most adequate current SG members of the server for the position without having to submit a request. By viewing all potential nominations the current SOs can debate among themselves on which they believe will fit into the role of SO the best. After selecting a few nominations that they believe are capable they can contact these specific members and ask if they would take the position without having to jump through the hoops of the current application process. As a community we believe it is fairly obvious which members should be revoked SO, and we believe that there is no need to point them out individually on this thread. 

 

*I am not sure if it would be a good idea for the server population to have a voice as well, because we are the individuals that have the greatest understanding of who would be an ideal fit. Also an SO should never be given a postion by having "hook-ups" or people that have it given because of their relationship with certain individuals*

 

The most appreciated current SO:

Man-Bear-Pig

 

Server populations suggested SO:

sG | ۩۞۩ Serif The Sheriff

 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and understanding the current situation!

 

Respectfully,

The WAR3 Playerbase

 

*This is not directly my opinion (everything that is written I made sure were the beliefs of the general populations). I was told many times to post these server wide views on the forums to get the word out, but many don't have faith that it will even change anything. I am always asking what players opinions are on how the server is being run and this was one of the biggest responses. I just wanted to do my part and get the word out. If anyone has any questions or statements I will most likely not reply because this was the opinion of the vast majority of the playerbase and I am not willing to speak for them on matters I have not addressed. If you are curious about the subject just join the server and ask everyone and you will receive responses from the direct population on this issue. Thank You*

 

 

Edited by o4Leafo
Clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, o4Leafo said:

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

 

Also an SO should never be given a postion by having "hook-ups" or people that have it given because of their relationship with certain individuals*

Are you saying somebody sent nudes for SO? Can I quote you on that? 

 

Can I get clarification of who is "we" and "us" 

Edited by Beerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see where you are coming from a little bit some of us can’t get on just in the spur of the moment some of us have IRL things to do like the past 2 weeks I had finals and a very sick dog and couldn’t get on. I think it’s fair to say get your playtime up but some of us our busy but also some SO’s are on different hours of the day and don’t see you. This isn’t meant to be rude but you are going out on a limb against SO’s when you have no idea what could be happening in their life. I think the managers of the SO’s are doing what they think is right. I wouldn’t doubt if they contact people if they need more playtime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ✪ The Ben said:

Sheriff should definitely be an SO, he is one of the most active war3 players on the server. 

That’s only he applies for it. If @Serif The Sheriff wants to be an SO for War3 he can, if he doesn’t he won’t apply for it. I met people who were active on the sG servers but didn’t want to be an SO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about we wait to see how much SO's play this much compared to other players?  No offense but I think all of the War3 SO's me included care enough about the server and want to see it grow even if we cant get on every day. Just because people like one SO more than the other or want a player to be a SO doesn't mean the ones we have are not dedicated and good? Also, we have an Adviser and Manager looking at playtime to make sure we play enough if they needed us to play more then they would let us know. 

 

 

Edited by -Sharp-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Beerman said:

Are you saying somebody sent nudes for SO? Can I quote you on that? 

 

Can I get clarification of who is "we" and "us" 

I am pretty sure he means the war3 player-base thats just what i am assuming 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This issue is one that has a endless cycle. Favoritism happens and the only way to deal with it if it bothers you is get S.S.'s and demo's because everything will become here-say. I haven't been playing a lot lately myself because I am waiting on a few things to change about the server myself and I am tired of a few people as well but that is life, things will change in time they always do. Just so you know your "opinion" on who is good for an SO and appreciated does not align with everyone else so don't speak for the server. I haven't applied for SO personally because I know I have a temper and can be a rule nazi. Availability I don't believe should be the primary selection tool for the SO position or how popular they are among the players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rock said:

I am pretty sure he means the war3 player-base thats just what i am assuming 

No shit rock he signed it that. One person can't speak for the whole group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6g7F8Bc.gif 

Lets get some @ names dropped so more negativity can occur. N1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your concern, but I'm just going to say we won't be going forward with your suggestion. Although I get what you're trying to get at, it seems kind of silly to nominate and promote someone who potentially has no desire for the role. If they are good, active members, they can apply. There's no real hoops to jump through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Banana Joe said:

That’s only he applies for it. If @Serif The Sheriff wants to be an SO for War3 he can, if he doesn’t he won’t apply for it. I met people who were active on the sG servers but didn’t want to be an SO.

I did apply for SO XD but it wasn't until after I did that I found out there were already like 7 of them (not sure if there is any sort of cap). I can't keep track of who is SO for what since we get a lot of SO's for other servers on War3 here and there lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Serif The Sheriff said:

I did apply for SO XD but it wasn't until after I did that I found out there were already like 7 of them (not sure if there is any sort of cap). I can't keep track of who is SO for what since we get a lot of SO's for other servers on War3 here and there lol.

Well I had no idea you already did. But I feel you should stil go for it since it’s like literally the only sG server I see you play on and have a lot of knowledge for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Banana Joe said:

Well I had no idea you already did. But I feel you should stil go for it since it’s like literally the only sG server I see you play on and have a lot of knowledge for it

Yea he applied like a week ago he told me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Banana Joe said:

Well I had no idea you already did. But I feel you should stil go for it since it’s like literally the only sG server I see you play on and have a lot of knowledge for it

I'll keep applying until I get it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Banana Joe said:

Or just PM @Bulldog

Pretty sure that defeats the purpose of the SO Process, I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in my day, cash rounds were strong and monies was everywhere. But with the nerf to s t a f f cash (especially that @Bulldog cash BabyRage), we have to be extra diligent and efficient with our $$. If Serif was SO, we can further bolster our cash dispensing efficiency to maximize throughput. I guess he can kick and ban and stuff, but lets be real—literally no one gets banned in war3.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zebra said:

Back in my day, cash rounds were strong and monies was everywhere. But with the nerf to s t a f f cash (especially that @Bulldog cash BabyRage), we have to be extra diligent and efficient with our $$. If Serif was SO, we can further bolster our cash dispensing efficiency to maximize throughput. I guess he can kick and ban and stuff, but lets be real—literally no one gets banned in war3.

 

You can get banned in war3 for being racist and using wall hacks. I banned some nerd a long time ago using hacks

Edited by infested marine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, infested marine said:

You can get banned in war3 for being racist and using wall hacks. I banned some nerd a long time ago using hacks

How can you tell if someone is hacking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ✪ The Ben said:

How can you tell if someone is hacking?

For one, experience.  Two, it's kinda knowing how natural gameplay looks.  If people are keeping enemies in their FOV when they're behind walls, that's kinda suspicious.  If their crosshair is flicking towards an enemy when they're on their screen, that's kinda suspicious.  It gets harder when they have better hacks than some people.  The more you see, the better you are at spotting these kinds of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bear-Man-Thing said:

For one, experience.  Two, it's kinda knowing how natural gameplay looks.  If people are keeping enemies in their FOV when they're behind walls, that's kinda suspicious.  If their crosshair is flicking towards an enemy when they're on their screen, that's kinda suspicious.  It gets harder when they have better hacks than some people.  The more you see, the better you are at spotting these kinds of things.

I see I thought it would be hard to notice since there’s abilities that can look through walls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×